Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you order? What was your original eta shown?
In September, was due to pick up my M3 the weekend after the pictures leaked of the refresh. Asked to put my order on hold until we got some more concrete news about the refresh. After it was confirmed, I notified my SA, who took the order off hold, and I was given a window of 11/02 - 11/30. Two weeks ago I was assigned a VIN but it was for 2020 model, called it in and they took it off my account.

FWIW, spoke to my SA yesterday. I ordered 10/23. I asked him if I had a VIN yet, he replied that VINs are being assigned later right now and not always when the vehicle is produced. IE, I may not get a VIN# until it is on the truck on its way here. I'm still on track for a 11/24 build date with delivery 7-14 days after that.

Reactions: Puku88
FYI guys the delivery estimate is not accurate, the text is more accurate.
My date was 11/13 ~ 12/11, then updated to 11/19 ~ 11/20, then 11/20 ~ 11/20, and today it disappeared.

im in the EXACT same situation as you

the end of the window (12/11) hasnt wavered

just the beginning (11/13 to whatever current date is) has

bracing for a late december delivery - im in socal too (black/black)

As I understand it, the ship berthed today and I get my car at the first appointment tomorrow therefore I have to assume it’s the first in Scotland if not the UK.

My timing has been immaculate!

Exciting! Now that you have the car and can charge it to 80%+... once charged:

Take those two pictures! In quick succession, one in "Distance" display, and one in "Energy" display, then go to Energy -> Consumption screen and take pictures:

1) Distance Display Mode => Capture remaining rated miles/km, Recent efficiency, and Projected Range. All THREE numbers.
2) Energy Display Mode => Capture % remaining, Recent efficiency, and Projected Range. All THREE numbers.

Ideally all the numbers, except for %, in each picture are three significant figures, and this is done at as high an SoC as possible (no need for 100%).

Doing in km display mode is better than miles due to better precision.

Also clarify/confirm exactly which vehicle you have...this is LR AWD waiting room, so I assume not Performance.

For science!!! (To determine capacity and constant of 2021 Model 3 (AWD?).)

Last edited:
Reactions: LargeHamCollider
FWIW, in October the matched me to a 2020 and I got a text asking me to choose an appointment. At the same time, I saw a VIN on the manage page. Maybe the VIN appeared first but I suspect it was simultaneous. I’d be listening for a text as much as I’d be refreshing the web page and check source code!

That said...I’m off to refresh my manage page because...you know, I could be remembering it incorrectly!

PS - I declined...glad I did.

Reactions: dncpunke
upload_2020-11-21_20-52-11.png

Mine is updated to this.... But apparently not happening today.

New York

(white ext black in)

My Model 3 also updated delivery info (LR AWD Deep Blue Metallic 18" White Interior) on the website.

Old Dates: Dec 4 to Dec 31
New Dates: Nov 21 to Dec 4

Just saw it when checking tonight. No VIN yet. Will call Monday to speak to someone for an update.

I'm in New Jersey.