Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to a text from Tesla to schedule. I went to the website and am now scheduled for Nov 28 at noon! Almost there!

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is on its way to the Portland Delivery Center!

Please select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxxxx for your touchless delivery.

We will provide video tutorials and more information for your Model 3 prior to your delivery day.”

(I wonder how many folks are gonna try plugging their RN into the URL... :) Let me know if it works for anyone who didn’t get the text yet!)

link didn't work for me with my reservation number. What are your specifications of your car?

Woke up to a text from Tesla to schedule. I went to the website and am now scheduled for Nov 28 at noon! Almost there!

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is on its way to the Portland Delivery Center!

Please select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxxxx for your touchless delivery.

We will provide video tutorials and more information for your Model 3 prior to your delivery day.”

(I wonder how many folks are gonna try plugging their RN into the URL... :) Let me know if it works for anyone who didn’t get the text yet!)
I am sooooo jealous right now! I tried to plug the URL in my browser and it didn't work haha

• Funny
Reactions: Pemple
Received my VIN overnight by getting an email requesting final payment.

FWIW, I had my ETA date move backwards yesterday too... then woke up today to a VIN and an ETA of Dec 2-8. Pickup in Littleton Colorado.

So for those who got their date delayed without a VIN, you'll probably have some good news today.

LR, blue/black, 18” wheels, FSD. I ordered in mid September and they had a car ready on Sep 23, but I wasn’t ready to pick it up. Changed from SR+ to LR on Sep 28, then took my order off hold about a week into October.

I Ordered 10/15/20 and received a 2020 VIN which I then declined. My specs are LR MSM aero white interior no FSD. I'm in Pennsylvania. I wonder how they are choosing which people to give orders or if they went from East to West coast as usual. I have no VIN and my Estimated date changed today to 11/25-12/17

I Ordered 10/15/20 and received a 2020 VIN which I then declined. My specs are LR MSM aero white interior no FSD. I'm in Pennsylvania. I wonder how they are choosing which people to give orders or if they went from East to West coast as usual. I have no VIN and my Estimated date changed today to 11/25-12/17

From the people getting VINs, it does seem like they might roughly be targeting the East Coast and midwest first. Of 20 VINs assigned since Mon in the order tracker spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1), only myself and one other person on the West Coast have been assigned VINs so far.

Probably helps that my order date was back in September. The latest order date currently shown in those 20 VINs is Oct 31, so they do seem to be assigning them to earlier orders first.

We also all lucked out in that the LRs are getting assigned before any P or SR+ this time (other than the handful of early SR+ deliveries 2 or 3 weeks ago.)

Edit: Also, all of the VINs added to the spreadsheet since Monday have been 18” wheels. So if you have 19”s, maybe they don’t have those available to put on cars yet. All the colors (both interior and exterior) show up in those 20 VINs, so that doesn’t look like it’s relevant...just wheels.

Reactions: Davedeluxx
From the people getting VINs, it does seem like they might roughly be targeting the East Coast and midwest first. Of 20 VINs assigned since Mon in the order tracker spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1), only myself and one other person on the West Coast have been assigned VINs so far.

Probably helps that my order date was back in September. The latest order date currently shown in those 20 VINs is Oct 31, so they do seem to be assigning them to earlier orders first.

We also all lucked out in that the LRs are getting assigned before any P or SR+ this time (other than the handful of early SR+ deliveries 2 or 3 weeks ago.)

Edit: Also, all of the VINs added to the spreadsheet since Monday have been 18” wheels. So if you have 19”s, maybe they don’t have those available to put on cars yet. All the colors (both interior and exterior) show up in those 20 VINs, so that doesn’t look like it’s relevant...just wheels.
Thanks for the info! I'll just keep refreshing the page every 5 minutes till I see a vin haha! really hoping it's soon.

Reactions: Pemple and Dpal90
Just got a call from the delivery center to confirm my appointment. Everything’s moving so fast now after no updates for so long!

Also just finalized my financing today...they’re supposed to overnight a check and also email me images of the front/back. The delivery center said that or a tracking # would be sufficient in case the overnighted check doesn’t arrive in time.

Reactions: Dpal90
Received my VIN overnight by getting an email requesting final payment.

FWIW, I had my ETA date move backwards yesterday too... then woke up today to a VIN and an ETA of Dec 2-8. Pickup in Littleton Colorado.

So for those who got their date delayed without a VIN, you'll probably have some good news today.

Ahhhhh I’m by Inverness! Ordered LR on 11/14, I need it now!!!!

Just got a call from the delivery center to confirm my appointment. Everything’s moving so fast now after no updates for so long!

Also just finalized my financing today...they’re supposed to overnight a check and also email me images of the front/back. The delivery center said that or a tracking # would be sufficient in case the overnighted check doesn’t arrive in time.
Congrats! Really a tortuous process. Wait.....wait.....wait....go,go,go!!
I texted my SA earlier and in a polite way he stated as soon as he sees a VIN I will be the first to know, so basically “quit bugging me”....lol.
Good luck falling asleep tonight :)

Now that most of the members are expecting the Model 3 in next couple of weeks. What accessories are you ordering for the car.

So far I’ve ordered...
HomeLink kit - $300 from Tesla
Wall connector - $500 from Tesla (gonna install this one myself!)
ESR screen protector - $13 from Amazon
YelloPro Scotchgard Pro door sill protectors - $15 from Amazon
Basenor 3D rear trunk mat (looks like a clone of the MAXpider) - $80 from Amazon
HEA 3D floor mats (looks like a clone of MAXpider. I’m not convinced these will fit my 2021 even though the listing says 2017 - 2021) - $114 from Amazon
Generic aluminum performance pedals - $12 from Amazon
Optimum no-rinse wash & wax 32oz - $22 from Amazon

I’d buy the MAXpider floor mats for a few bucks more since they’re well rated, but I hate the logos. Taptes is the other no-logo option but folks have had mixed luck and they won’t ship for a month, and with these ones from Amazon a return is easy if they don’t fit...maybe I’ll get the Taptes if I have to return them.

The only things I’m missing that I want are a roadside emergency kits and mud flaps. All the ones on Amazon include jumper cables that seem unnecessary...I’ll just order some triangles, a vest, and a first aid kit separately. I’m still doing research on the mud flaps...very mixed reviews both on the OEM Tesla ones and a lot of the third-party ones.

The end is near!!!

Screenshot_20201125-152230_Chrome.jpg