Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Vin this morning !
I ordered on 10/8, a LR model 3, with sport wheels, and black interior
exterior is midnight silver, located in central California, and I read that California people get their car rather quickly after receiving the vin. @people who already got their car in California, how many days after your Vin did you get your car, I am wondering so I can prepare my payment
Congrats! Happy to see someone else in California getting their car. As far as I can tell I have the oldest order date here (Oct. 3rd) without a VIN. Why does the Tesla gods hate me :(

Reactions: Dilpickle
I canceled my order this morning. Tesla is playing games with their trade. I think I mentioned this earlier, but back in March this year I got a quote when I contemplated on the Y. 6 months earlier and about 8K miles less the quote was only $100 less that the quote I got when I ordered the 2021 Model 3. Now that I actually placed an order for a new car, as soon as the 30 day passed they lowered the trade by $1k.

Well hope that helps bump one of you guys up, and saves me $10K.

Got my Vin this morning !
I ordered on 10/8, a LR model 3, with sport wheels, and black interior
exterior is midnight silver, located in central California, and I read that California people get their car rather quickly after receiving the vin. @people who already got their car in California, how many days after your Vin did you get your car, I am wondering so I can prepare my payment

that's great news dilpickle!

you and i ordered around the same time couple months ago and have been riding this ride together hahaha

praying CA gets their VINs soon

So for what it’s worth...
Got my VIN on 11/27. Couple days later delivery window showed up in my account of 12/11-12/17.
Day after that delivery window changed to 12/10-12/16. No documents, no texts, no calls.
Today I called the delivery center and they said the car was due to arrive 12/13 and I could setup an appt.
Set it up for 12/14...then lo and behold all of the purchase docs show up in my account.
The SA did mention that the actual arrival date could change and it could show up early or it could show up late.
Hard to plan with that kind of info...lol
Gonna touch base next week to see if I can get confirmation. I saw a post that suggested calling the day of to confirm before heading there. (1.5 hour drive)
Would be nice if they could be a little more specific but they know were crazy enough to drop everything to get the vehicles.
All said...I’m really excited

October build, so probably the old headlights and battery, but it's red and it's got a tow hitch!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-231450_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201202-231450_Firefox.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 108
My trade lowered about 1300 at the month renewal too. I did try Carnax but they basically said they don't want Tesla cars and they go to auction so was 10% lower than Tesla. Vroom was a little lower and couple others I tried was a joke. The mass resellers don't want a unit over 30k bc their customers can buy a new car for that.

• Informative
Reactions: jawnly211
Congrats!
That is my same trim plus FSD
When did you order? Location?

10/8 in Seattle, then had to un-match a few times until it was a 2021 (three times before they took the hint).

At delivery there was another Model 3 (Grey or Blue) waiting out front for someone, so there's someone else in Seattle with a 2021 today.

Wow, looks amazing, exact same configuration as mine, how do you like the white on white with chrome delete (blackout) trim?
It saved me some cash, since I had a cart full of blackout vinyl ready to go before I saw the 2021 refresh announcement :p

I think it looks fantastic with the black trim. Really makes the look for me. Chrome looks alright on red, but it doesn't go with white at all.
I'm planning to do the UP Lip and spoiler and am debating to paint them white or leave them black/matte carbon fiber.