Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help me understand how when I can inspect my car. Is this before or after doing paperwork etc? Do I show up and say, oh look my car. I'll check back with you after I inspect, OR, I have to complete documents, get a key card etc before inspecting?
well if its a fully contactless delivery, your paperwork will be in the car. I believe when you arrive they have you contact them which they can unlock the or you accept delivery in your Tesla account at which point the car will become available in your Tesla app and you can unlock the car. during this time you can look over the car. you can take your time, once you are ready you fill out the paperwork and drop it in the dropbox and then I think they verify you have paid and or call you and then you are good to go. I think its something like that.

I take delivery here in MN on Wednesday. I was told to call my SA when I arrive. They will unlock my car at which point I can inspect all I want. Only after I'm satisfied will I be signing the paperwork, which will be waiting for me in the vehicle.

I'm resigned to the fact I won't be getting the new headlights, but the heat pump and revised center console were the big changes I was looking forward to anyway, so I'm bound to be a very happy camper. Depending on panel gaps...........

Help me understand how when I can inspect my car. Is this before or after doing paperwork etc? Do I show up and say, oh look my car. I'll check back with you after I inspect, OR, I have to complete documents, get a key card etc before inspecting?

i picked mine up in burbank which is literally just the rooftop of the burbank town center parking structure...i believe 24 hurs before your pick up date, you will receive a text or email about the pick up window and the actual spot number your car is in

just pulled into the garage and kept going up to the roof top. there you will see a sea of tesla's waiting to be picked up! glorious sight!

i parked my car and went on to the app to "accept delivery" - this will unlock your car

not one person acknowledged me, but i didnt expect to be pampered. i found my car and just opened the door. there was a laminated placcard on the windshield that gave instructions on what to do. there was a clipboard with DMV forms and a pen waiting inside the vehicle.

at this point, you can do whatever you want (inspect, take pictures, drive off).

if you find something wrong with your car or if you have questions, there are plenty of tesla associates walking around and attending to other cars. once everything looks good on your end, you can take your car home. on the way out, there is one final checkpoint where as associate will go over your documents to make sure everything is correct (took less than a minute).

im sure not all places will be exactly like this, but the process will be pretty standard.

congrats and enjoy!

Any major QC issues lately? Pick mine up next Tuesday. Debating on if I’m going to do a full check list at Tesla or just look it over and do a full check when I get home.

I'm picking mine up in Cincinnati on Wednesday next week. I'm getting quite impatient, lol. I still check my account multiple times a day for no reason. I'm hoping they arrive earlier than expected!

• Funny
Reactions: Callahan27
I'm picking mine up in Cincinnati on Wednesday next week. I'm getting quite impatient, lol. I still check my account multiple times a day for no reason. I'm hoping they arrive earlier than expected!
I’ll also be in Cincinnati! I’m scheduled for Tuesday of next week. Oddly enough, since getting my VIN I haven’t been checking the website. Just anxiously awaiting an early call and fighting with my myself on whether to tint the rear windshield or not LOL. I’ve seen a lot of horror stories of glass cracking and Tesla not replacing if you have tint.

For those of you that have taken delivery already, when did the “Accept Delivery” button show up? I have everything done and insurance uploaded but my insurance doesn’t have the check mark meaning it’s accepted.
Just want to make sure any possibility of delays that are in fact completed do not hinder this process.

@ChuckMurphy53 I’m not certain but I believe all those horror stories are from a few years ago. At the time they were using a different composition of glass. I haven’t heard of it cracking recently. I did ask my SA when I ordered and was informed tinting doesn’t affect the warranty at all.

I would reach out to yours to verify.

JUST GOT MY VIN!!! (FINALLY) Looks like it changed after midnight after my dates disappeared this weekend.

After nearly 80 days my delivery is scheduled for Dec. 26th!! (Ordered Oct. 3rd - Solid Black LR - White interior, 19 wheels)

Glad to see so many others finally getting theirs too.

Just some FYI:
Tesla insurance quoted me a little under $200/mo for insurance (California)....but they were vague on what was covered...and after this buying experience I'd rather not have to communicate with Tesla if I don't have to :p. So went with my current USAA provider and for Full coverage and $500 deductibles for about $175/mo.

Reactions: jawnly211
@ChuckMurphy53 I’m not certain but I believe all those horror stories are from a few years ago. At the time they were using a different composition of glass. I haven’t heard of it cracking recently. I did ask my SA when I ordered and was informed tinting doesn’t affect the warranty at all.

I would reach out to yours to verify.
Definitely going to reach out. Just need to get it in email so Atleast I have paper trail if it ever came up.

After nearly 80 days my delivery is scheduled for Dec. 26th!! (Ordered Oct. 3rd - Solid Black LR - White interior, 19 wheels)

Glad to see so many others finally getting theirs too.

Just some FYI:
Tesla insurance quoted me a little under $200/mo for insurance (California)....but they were vague on what was covered...and after this buying experience I'd rather not have to communicate with Tesla if I don't have to :p. So went with my current USAA provider and for Full coverage and $500 deductibles for about $175/mo.

Congrats! Finally it's your turn!! How long did you have to wait to receive the delivery call/text after receiving your VIN?

EDIT: Nevermind just got the text! Picking up 12/24!

Last edited:
Reactions: inspace2020
For those of you that have taken delivery already, when did the “Accept Delivery” button show up? I have everything done and insurance uploaded but my insurance doesn’t have the check mark meaning it’s accepted.
Just want to make sure any possibility of delays that are in fact completed do not hinder this process.

you wont see it until its your scheduled delivery window

Reactions: ncozy4
do you really think Tesla would be able to get away with stealing money
And who said they'd steal the money? Don't ass-u-me. But they wouldn't give it back, and that is from a manager. They'd fix whatever issues the car could have, so I'd be stuck with the car assigned to me, whether I like it or not. And yes, that includes transit damage, or anything else. And no freaking way I'd wait 3 more months for another while they keep my money.

you have to verify with plaid by giving them your login information to your bank account.
No freaking way I'd do that either. Man, what a freaking PITA this is becoming. If the car was for me, I'd have pulled the plug long ago. But I know my wife wants it, so I'm being EXTRA patient with all of this crap. Told SA I'd only do a W/T, and see what he says. At least I'll be able to inspect the car, but not drive it before paying for it (I guess a TX thing).

Got my VIN this morning! 871XXX and I'm hoping for the new headlights. Estimated delivery December 26-31.
What's the deal with the stupid VINs? Supposedly my 86029x VIN was produced DEC 10. Can Tesla produce 11K cars in 10 days???

Pics......it happened!!

upload_2020-12-21_20-20-56.jpeg

upload_2020-12-21_20-30-1.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-21_20-22-22.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-21_20-22-22.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 49
  • upload_2020-12-21_20-22-31.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-21_20-22-31.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: