Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can only assume it isn’t real inventory. They’d have to be beyond incompetent to post actual new cars to inventory when there are outstanding orders in the same area to match them with.

called a rep and they noted that any vehicles we see in inventory are "pre-production" so essentially this is a one stop shop for people who don't want to custom build their order. Anything we see in inventory isn't actually at the location :(

called a rep and they noted that any vehicles we see in inventory are "pre-production" so essentially this is a one stop shop for people who don't want to custom build their order. Anything we see in inventory isn't actually at the location :(

not 100% accurate. Most of the inventory cars are this way. I was, however, able to pickup an inventory red/black m3p yesterday that was showing in inventory that was about to be delivered to the dealership. Someone must have abandoned their custom order last minute. So they can be found, although certain configurations may be very difficult to come across.

VIN was assigned immediately, being transported from MA to NC right now for delivery on 12/30.

• Informative
Reactions: yaya21
not 100% accurate. Most of the inventory cars are this way. I was, however, able to pickup an inventory red/black m3p yesterday that was showing in inventory that was about to be delivered to the dealership. Someone must have abandoned their custom order last minute. So they can be found, although certain configurations may be very difficult to come across.

VIN was assigned immediately, being transported from MA to NC right now for delivery on 12/30.
correct! if people are open to different car configuration, your SA can find one and match you to it. again, that does depend on your SA tho. some are more useful than others. so it really depends. if its listed as a demo, its in the location they say it is. especially if it shows the the miles on the car.

Reactions: contourrob
Ugh. Got my VIN this morning, then a text saying they will deliver to my house 12/26. However, we will be out of town 12/24 - 1/1, so I asked if I could schedule delivery or pickup for 1/1. They said no, they will not hold it past the 31st and will give my VIN to someone else. Wtf...can't even hold it one week. All because of Wall Street. Fuming and not sure what to do.

• Informative
Reactions: Slate and yaya21
:(
Ugh. Got my VIN this morning, then a text saying they will deliver to my house 12/26. However, we will be out of town 12/24 - 1/1, so I asked if I could schedule delivery or pickup for 1/1. They said no, they will not hold it past the 31st and will give my VIN to someone else. Wtf...can't even hold it one week. All because of Wall Street. Fuming and not sure what to do.
I just spoke with delivery center, and they basically will much your VIN to someone else if you can’t take delivery within given 3 days window. So I just can’t go anywhere for holidays because delivery could happen any day. No VIN here.

I can't wrap my head around how terrible Tesla's customer service is. Wow.

After a few hiccups I finally took home my new baby yesterday. Cherry Hill Tesla was awesome to work with, and even credited me $$$ to the Tesla store for the issues. Keep hanging in there, it's worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    610 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Mark57

You can’t think of this like a normal dealership experience. This is exactly how disrupters operate when they are in early stages. The following is large and they are in a growth stage. Their service will come me as they mature into their next phase.
Listen, we all want great customer service but this experience is grand. Enjoy the ride or go by a Chevy Bolt.

spoke to a rep and apparently they have many more orders than what they are actually able to fulfil so this is why they only give us the 3 day window and simply pass the VIN onto someone else. Still pretty shitty that they gotta do that, they should give us much more realistic time frames for delivery if they know that they won't be able to fulfill everything

• Disagree
Reactions: Y@Trox
spoke to a rep and apparently they have many more orders than what they are actually able to fulfil so this is why they only give us the 3 day window and simply pass the VIN onto someone else. Still pretty shitty that they gotta do that, they should give us much more realistic time frames for delivery if they know that they won't be able to fulfill everything

the three day window is not new. It’s part of the agreement that you agree to so it isn’t a last minute notice from the SA.
You can disagree with it, and you have choices to buy an EV elsewhere if you’d like.

Reactions: ncozy4
just called tesla. Last info was 2 weeks ago from my SA that my estimated delivery is 26th Dec. Now tesla on the phone said it's more likely 29th/30th. wth... I ordered 10/20 LR white/white, in Bay Area. If I'd new from the beginning this would take that long and they'd blow multiple times past their estimates I'd have just gotten a used tesla long time ago. Really disappointed in this ordering experience. And thanks for messing with my holiday plans Tesla.

Last edited:
the three day window is not new. It’s part of the agreement that you agree to so it isn’t a last minute notice from the SA.
You can disagree with it, and you have choices to buy an EV elsewhere if you’d like.
you are right, if Tesla wants to do what they want they can. thats a no brainer. however, I know for a FACT it can be longer than 3 days *IF* they want to. thats from experience. I do agree that he could go else where and buy another ev, thats true. however, I think the bigger issue is that, Tesla will give you a date and then miss that date, or move the date up 4 days and not say anything until the last min, or worst, wait until 15 mins before your delivery window/time and say "sorry the car isn't here", or "something is wrong". I do thing Tesla has A LOT, and I mean A LOT of room for improvement when it comes to customer service, communication within the company and with its customers. I agree with you, if they tell you that its a 3 day window, fine, so be it. however when you the company move the date with little warning its very unfair to the customer, that paid for the car, to wait sometimes 10 weeks for a car to lose it to something that isn't even their fault, that is 1000% preventable. that is the issues stems from. I get it, if you schedule a delivery appointment, and the car arrives 3 days earlier, and the customer made an appointment for the following week, calling that customer and telling them that their car is ready and they have 3 days to claim it or we will have to give that to car to someone else is a little bit of ****** customer service. lastly like my situation, im 3 hours away from the closes Tesla center, and I have this happen, make a service appointment, drive all the way there, after making appointment 2 1/2 weeks earlier, for them to say we are sorry the parts for you repair aren't here. so we will have reschedule your appointment. that, cause someone to get their face ripped off. however, I agree with you. to be clear, but I just dont like when some imply ( and maybe you did not imply this...) that its just whatever because they say so. that is why Tesla still has some of the worst customer service skill in the business.

and yet, we love our Tesla.

Reactions: yaya21 and Y@Trox
You can’t think of this like a normal dealership experience. This is exactly how disrupters operate when they are in early stages. The following is large and they are in a growth stage. Their service will come me as they mature into their next phase.
Listen, we all want great customer service but this experience is grand. Enjoy the ride or go by a Chevy Bolt.

im sorry but I have to tastefully disagree with Tesla being a startup. that start up ship has sailed. they are the #1 auto maker in the world but 3x over at least in market cap. Tesla has a top selling fleet. top tech. in 2019 they lost that start up title. ill give you maybe not full 2019 but in 2020...... they ARE NOT a start up. they have entire fleet of cars. not one, or two, they are selling and making money now. they are expanding their foot print. its time for Tesla to GROW UP. that start up talk needs to stop and go. its why the customer Service is so terrible. as a investor from 2014, their customer service has gotten worst. it was a better when it was just S/X. the turn over in service center is crazy fast. some of the places feel like kids are running it. also, these cars aren't 20k-30k cars, these are 40-150k. specially these people buying performance cars. I mean 60-70K for a M3p or MYP isn't cheap. and at that price point people just expect better. again my favorite dealer is my local Lexus dealer. they ALWAY treated their customer was care and respect. they always communicate with me if my car was in the shop, I always has a loaner whether it be a Lexus or a rental. they told me when it was going to be ready. you get the point. but Tesla is a great company with its mission and what is has brought to the world. it did show that their model can work. and in some cases its better. now just imagine if Tesla cared about their customer service at the level they care about hitting that 500,000 car deliveried mark. that would really change the game and push them even further. right now, it isn't anything out in market close to a Tesla. specially for price. however, it will not stay that way forever. all Tesla needs to do improve their customer service. improve their communication skills with customers. have people with customer service skill work these service center. and lastly, HAVE SOMEONE ANSWER THE PHONE IN SOME CAPACITY! my god I love texting, but sometimes a simple phone call is so much easier. Rivian is a start up, lucid is a start up, But Tesla, Tesla is a Mature S&P 500 company. and to top that its number 6 in that list. its time for them to grow up. dont get me wrong, I LOVE TESLA. I love my M3P and MYP, I just dont love their customer service. and that can make or break a company.

you are right, if Tesla wants to do what they want they can. thats a no brainer. however, I know for a FACT it can be longer than 3 days *IF* they want to. thats from experience. I do agree that he could go else where and buy another ev, thats true. however, I think the bigger issue is that, Tesla will give you a date and then miss that date, or move the date up 4 days and not say anything until the last min, or worst, wait until 15 mins before your delivery window/time and say "sorry the car isn't here", or "something is wrong". I do thing Tesla has A LOT, and I mean A LOT of room for improvement when it comes to customer service, communication within the company and with its customers. I agree with you, if they tell you that its a 3 day window, fine, so be it. however when you the company move the date with little warning its very unfair to the customer, that paid for the car, to wait sometimes 10 weeks for a car to lose it to something that isn't even their fault, that is 1000% preventable. that is the issues stems from. I get it, if you schedule a delivery appointment, and the car arrives 3 days earlier, and the customer made an appointment for the following week, calling that customer and telling them that their car is ready and they have 3 days to claim it or we will have to give that to car to someone else is a little bit of ****** customer service. lastly like my situation, im 3 hours away from the closes Tesla center, and I have this happen, make a service appointment, drive all the way there, after making appointment 2 1/2 weeks earlier, for them to say we are sorry the parts for you repair aren't here. so we will have reschedule your appointment. that, cause someone to get their face ripped off. however, I agree with you. to be clear, but I just dont like when some imply ( and maybe you did not imply this...) that its just whatever because they say so. that is why Tesla still has some of the worst customer service skill in the business.

and yet, we love our Tesla.

you are right. We love Tesla, and we need enable this behavior .

they do have a lot of room to grow, as most companies that are in the growth stage do. The problem is that they have so much attention which is fueling their growth faster than they can adapt their customer service. They will get there.
Apple, Amazon, the major players all had customer service issues back in the day. Look where they are at. Tesla will get there or else they will become like the big three - ordinary car manufacturers.

Reactions: Tholland
im sorry but I have to tastefully disagree with Tesla being a startup. that start up ship has sailed. they are the #1 auto maker in the world but 3x over at least in market cap. Tesla has a top selling fleet. top tech. in 2019 they lost that start up title. ill give you maybe not full 2019 but in 2020...... they ARE NOT a start up. they have entire fleet of cars. not one, or two, they are selling and making money now. they are expanding their foot print. its time for Tesla to GROW UP. that start up talk needs to stop and go. its why the customer Service is so terrible. as a investor from 2014, their customer service has gotten worst. it was a better when it was just S/X. the turn over in service center is crazy fast. some of the places feel like kids are running it. also, these cars aren't 20k-30k cars, these are 40-150k. specially these people buying performance cars. I mean 60-70K for a M3p or MYP isn't cheap. and at that price point people just expect better. again my favorite dealer is my local Lexus dealer. they ALWAY treated their customer was care and respect. they always communicate with me if my car was in the shop, I always has a loaner whether it be a Lexus or a rental. they told me when it was going to be ready. you get the point. but Tesla is a great company with its mission and what is has brought to the world. it did show that their model can work. and in some cases its better. now just imagine if Tesla cared about their customer service at the level they care about hitting that 500,000 car deliveried mark. that would really change the game and push them even further. right now, it isn't anything out in market close to a Tesla. specially for price. however, it will not stay that way forever. all Tesla needs to do improve their customer service. improve their communication skills with customers. have people with customer service skill work these service center. and lastly, HAVE SOMEONE ANSWER THE PHONE IN SOME CAPACITY! my god I love texting, but sometimes a simple phone call is so much easier. Rivian is a start up, lucid is a start up, But Tesla, Tesla is a Mature S&P 500 company. and to top that its number 6 in that list. its time for them to grow up. dont get me wrong, I LOVE TESLA. I love my M3P and MYP, I just dont love their customer service. and that can make or break a company.

I agree. You have valid points. I think they’ll get there or else I wouldn’t be buying one. I too, wish they had the service level we all expect. See my other post - Apple, Amazon all went through this learning curve. Look where they ended up. Tesla will get there.

just called tesla. Last info was 2 weeks ago from my SA that my estimated delivery is 26th Dec. Now tesla on the phone said it's more likely 29th/30th. wth... I ordered 10/20 LR white/white, in Bay Area. If I'd new from the beginning this would take that long and they'd blow multiple times past their estimates I'd have just gotten a used tesla long time ago. Really disappointed in this ordering experience. And thanks for messing with my holiday plans Tesla.

I'm in the same boat with you, but hoping we get our VIN any day now. Fingers crossed!:)