Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. Got my VIN this morning, then a text saying they will deliver to my house 12/26. However, we will be out of town 12/24 - 1/1, so I asked if I could schedule delivery or pickup for 1/1. They said no, they will not hold it past the 31st and will give my VIN to someone else. Wtf...can't even hold it one week. All because of Wall Street. Fuming and not sure what to do.
Spoke with Tesla Carlsbad again, and again they said I would either need to fly home to take delivery on 26th, or they will release car to someone else. Would not hold it until we return on 1/1. They also would not commit to a date range of when I could receive another M3, just said "could be in the couple of months". I released my VIN. Horrible that they are so focused on Wall Street instead of the customer.

To those who think these stories are fine, and "buy another car" if you're not happy with Tesla, they only have a couple more years of being the best option in town. While they will have a strong product to offer for decades to come, they will have fierce competition in just a few years. Company culture will be so difficult to shift in that time, and their lack of focus on the customer is not a smart move long-term. This is not a start-up, this is the most valuable car company in the world and they act like they are the customer rather than the other way around.

Got the same text message today morning!

Appointment scheduled tentatively 12/28, but no Vin# yet.

White/Black, LR, Sport Wheel.

Got the same text message this AM as well! Home delivery in San Francisco set for 12/27.

Blue/Blk Long Range. Ordered 11/27. Still no VIN.

I had requested pickup at the Fremont factory, but I think with COVID restrictions in NorCal, they're only doing home deliveries. We ordered a Model Y with Fremont delivery last month. It was delivered last week, and had the Fremont pickup changed to home delivery as well.

Pick up my car today! 11/8 LR White/Black Aero Buena Park. For those of you picking up from Buena Park, the entrance is on Stanton Ave with a red tesla flag. Although it says wrong way, that's the entrance! Whole process was smooth, checked in and went over to check out the car and everything checked out. Good news! All the cars I saw had the new headlights! They told me they ran out of delivery trucks and all the ones coming down are brought down by train - triple digits every day supposedly. Thanks everyone for making the wait experience a little more bearable, good luck and congrats for those who are still waiting for their cars! Took some photos of the lot when I got there, enjoy!

Attachments

• 133267879_858349048253580_5576737810193632399_n.jpg
    133267879_858349048253580_5576737810193632399_n.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 133401927_448934346264980_1170090198251086393_n.jpg
    133401927_448934346264980_1170090198251086393_n.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 133358494_447165529609908_6705316682218911440_n.jpg
    133358494_447165529609908_6705316682218911440_n.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: onwheels and yaya21
Could you tell us how it was?
Did you paid before or after inspection? Did they just drop off or you accepted the car?

The Tesla employee drove it to my house--I live about 15 miles away from their Burbank location. Paid before (I believe that's one of the requirements. We linked a bank account on the website and did ACH transfer). Entire process was super easy: Hit the accept delivery button on the website, downloaded the app, unlocked the car. Took all of 30 seconds.

Reactions: SergeiNew
received this text message today. Also my account shows now a delivery day (12/26), interestingly delivery appointment is at 2AM, LOL, aka after midnight delivery.
Ordered 10/20 white/white LR w/ FSD. Delivery in South Bay, CA.
Actually wanted to do pickup in Colma SC, but they switched me to Fremont pickup a few weeks ago. Now it looks like they'll do home delivery. Actually prefer pickup to have more time to inspect the car, but not sure if I can switch things up.

Screenshot_20201224-112704~2.png
Screenshot_20201224-112814~2.png

Reactions: SergeiNew
Got the same text message this AM as well! Home delivery in San Francisco set for 12/27.

Blue/Blk Long Range. Ordered 11/27. Still no VIN.

I had requested pickup at the Fremont factory, but I think with COVID restrictions in NorCal, they're only doing home deliveries. We ordered a Model Y with Fremont delivery last month. It was delivered last week, and had the Fremont pickup changed to home delivery as well.

why didn't you request pickup in Colma/Serra monte SC? It's close to SF.

This is what I was saying about deliveries in Cali. You will get them and they will be rapid. I mean some of y’all are getting appointments without vins. The process for you guys will go fast.

wish that was the case for me, the SA's seem to be just giving a generic "it will be ready when it's ready" status. wished I'd at least get a preliminary message about a potential pickup

I took delivery today. It was -1 outside at the time. My SA helped my with the extensive checklist I brought along. Everything seemed in line and "within tolerance". My tolerance.
VIN is 860xxx, got the "old" headlights. From reading other posts here it seems I was about four or five build days away from getting the new headlights. Not concerned about it.
The service dept. took about 20 minutes to install my HomeLink. This weekend will be the front end protection, mud flaps, screen protector, etc.
One thing I noted: there wasn't that usual "new car smell" Yes, it does smell new, but it's different. Probably because there aren't all those fluids like my ICE vehicles.
PXL_20201224_172135405.jpg

I took delivery today. It was -1 outside at the time. My SA helped my with the extensive checklist I brought along. Everything seemed in line and "within tolerance". My tolerance.
VIN is 860xxx, got the "old" headlights. From reading other posts here it seems I was about four or five build days away from getting the new headlights. Not concerned about it.View attachment 620836

It looks like the new heat pump will definitely help you out! Wow, look at all that snow! Just a little rain here in CA.

VIN is 860xxx, got the "old" headlights. From reading other posts here it seems I was about four or five build days away from getting the new headlights. Not concerned about it.

What was your actual build date? My VIN is 858XXX with a build date of Dec 12. Pickup scheduled for Mon. Dec. 26.