Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am vaccinated

The only shot I qualify for at this time comes in a shot glass taken orally. I understand it takes many doses over many days. :po_O

Of course nobody knows this but I’m curious to see what you think: my delivery estimate is Feb 19 - March 03 but I haven’t been assigned a VIN yet. Do you think these dates are realistic?

I know they typically move heaven and earth trying to deliver all the orders they can by the end of each quarter. I'm guessing since you don't have a VIN, that timeline may slide towards the end or later. Call and ask for an update.

Heres some data to crunch

1-14-21 ordered M3 LR AWD

Delivery Mar 05 April 02

1-22 confirmed changes to order (white on black)

2-1 wall charger ordered

2-6 wall charger arrived

2-10 delivery window changed to 2-19 3-09

2-14 Texas Snow Storm and rolling blackouts

2-15 VIN!!!

2-17 insurance

2-19 loan app complete

2-19 Delivery Date 2-28 3-06

Waiting

Reactions: M321
FWIW, called my local Tesla store since my SA never responds to emails or texts.

Got a different person on the phone who said they were not sure what the new change to delivery estimate weeks on the website was about, but they pulled up my order details and said it still has a VIN assignment estimate of early-to-mid March.
yes but your real estate taxes are higher than half the country, everything has a tradeoff

And you have to deal with Florida Man.

• Funny
Reactions: tstolze
I'm curious what made you guys choose/order the Tesla Model 3.
I didn't choose the car because it was 'Green', I have a lexus ct200h which averages ~48mpg and cost me about $7 week to fill up. The Tesla is not going to save me money. I also had a 350z that I loved, but sold a couple of years ago and have missed ever since. I'm keeping my Lexus and selling my Hyundai Tucson Sport Limited. I feel like most people buying a Tesla now are buying because its the best car for the money, which is where electric cars need to go to win over the old skool car guys like myself. There a lot of great reasons to buy a Tesla, Just curious what the main reason you chose it.

I didn't choose the car because it was 'Green', I have a lexus ct200h which averages ~48mpg and cost me about $7 week to fill up. The Tesla is not going to save me money. I also had a 350z that I loved, but sold a couple of years ago and have missed ever since. I'm keeping my Lexus and selling my Hyundai Tucson Sport Limited. I feel like most people buying a Tesla now are buying because its the best car for the money, which is where electric cars need to go to win over the old skool car guys like myself. There a lot of great reasons to buy a Tesla, Just curious what the main reason you chose it.
For me it’s not the green factor, I had a 2019 Tacoma and I was filling up 3 times a week. I was just tired of stopping for gas, I wanted to wake up every morning with a fresh “tank”.

Reactions: Mark57 and hemikat
I wanted a Tacoma when I bought my Tucson... The used ones are the same price as a new one. I ultimately gave up. I almost bought a Y but I didn't think it was worth the extra 5K -6K for me. I can but an older truck for less than 5K and use it when I need it. My first degree was in Environmental Biology/Chemistry so I should have 'Green' as the number one reason I chose the Tesla.

I LOVE driving in EV mode. Pure torque, no noise, instant response, no gasoline, no oil changes. In 2009 I needed a reliable and efficient "tool" to get back and forth to my aging parents house multiple times a week so I bought a 2010 Prius. I also have a 2014 Camry Hybrid and a 2014 4Runner TEP which we actively use to offroad in and around Ouray, CO. I traded in the Prius for a 2017 Prius Prime plug-in and the love of EV began. EPA was 25 miles of EV only driving but I could squeeze 35+ out of it in the warm summer. One year I drove it over 7,600 miles without ever buying gas. I was hooked. I love all things tech and the Tesla was hands down the best. It was a no brainer. I sold the Prime and ordered the Tesla. I will always keep the 4Runner because there are no BEV's that can replace it yet, and fit in my garage, and aren't fugging ugly. Now my wife is hooked and her Tesla will be picked up the 25th and the Camry goes. So, two Model 3 LR AWD's and one 4Runner in the same garage.

Reactions: hemikat and M321
I rented a model 3 on Turo two years ago and have been “ruined” since. ICE vehicles stopped being fun after that. I love the instant torque, the quiet drive, and just the technology overall. I waited two years to responsibly be able to get one (just got married at the time, no house), but the wait ever since I placed the order has been even more tortuous.

Reactions: hemikat and Mark57
There a lot of great reasons to buy a Tesla, Just curious what the main reason you chose it.
The Wife is driving an 07 Buick Lucerne, 155,000 miles, and I'm driving a 2011 Cruze Eco Manual, 125,000 miles, we planned on driving until they both became unreliable. Since I had the "newest" car, the Wife is next up for a new car.
When the COVID crash hit the stock market last year, I took some of our emergency cash and started playing, quickly doubling it, at that point I put the emergency cash back where it belonged and continued with my adventure, now with a plan to try and make enough to get a Model 3 for the Wife, which I quickly did, but waited with the rumors of the Heat Pump coming soon. The earnings continued and suddenly we had enough to buy 2 Model 3's. The decision was made in late November but the Wife wanted a test drive before buying, so on 11/24 we went and test drove a Model 3 and she was sold, peaked at the Y and decided the extra $$ wasn't worth the extra space and slight decrease in efficiency. We put the orders on hold until 1/2 for local tax reasons.
So here we are today, we have a Vin for the Wife's Blue/White (she get's the next new car :) ) Pickup is scheduled for 3/1
I'm still awaiting a Vin for my Black/White with an estimated delivery date of 3/2-3/16
We have had Solar since 2012 and get paid a small amount when we sell electric back to our provider, this typically happens from April-September each year, 300 kWh's sold nets us around a $9 credit, that's enough for around 4 complete charges, so our Summer driving will be very reasonable.

Reactions: Mark57 and hemikat
The Wife is driving an 07 Buick Lucerne, 155,000 miles, and I'm driving a 2011 Cruze Eco Manual, 125,000 miles, we planned on driving until they both became unreliable. Since I had the "newest" car, the Wife is next up for a new car.
When the COVID crash hit the stock market last year, I took some of our emergency cash and started playing, quickly doubling it, at that point I put the emergency cash back where it belonged and continued with my adventure, now with a plan to try and make enough to get a Model 3 for the Wife, which I quickly did, but waited with the rumors of the Heat Pump coming soon. The earnings continued and suddenly we had enough to buy 2 Model 3's. The decision was made in late November but the Wife wanted a test drive before buying, so on 11/24 we went and test drove a Model 3 and she was sold, peaked at the Y and decided the extra $$ wasn't worth the extra space and slight decrease in efficiency. We put the orders on hold until 1/2 for local tax reasons.
So here we are today, we have a Vin for the Wife's Blue/White (she get's the next new car :) ) Pickup is scheduled for 3/1
I'm still awaiting a Vin for my Black/White with an estimated delivery date of 3/2-3/16
We have had Solar since 2012 and get paid a small amount when we sell electric back to our provider, this typically happens from April-September each year, 300 kWh's sold nets us around a $9 credit, that's enough for around 4 complete charges, so our Summer driving will be very reasonable.
Nice! I got into the options game at that same time with my car savings and here I am waiting for my Model 3 now lol.

Reactions: tstolze