Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received 2 calls from Tesla this weekend. I was so nervous for each call because I thought I was getting my pick up date pushed back. I guess one of my documents was not legible so it had to be re-uploaded. The other was about completing my loan application which had already been completed and in my documents under manage account.
Still scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. So excited and nervous still for tomorrow.

I don't think its going to get better until I'm driving my car
I can only imagine the day before excitement lol I know how excited im, and im still about a week out from delivery.

I can only imagine the day before excitement lol I know how excited im, and im still about a week out from delivery.
Mark told me 3 weeks ago to wait until you're a week out to really see the anticipation anxiety, I didn't really believe him... Now I get it. I don't really understand why I'm so excited. This is not my first car, just my first electric car.

I received 2 calls from Tesla this weekend. I was so nervous for each call because I thought I was getting my pick up date pushed back. I guess one of my documents was not legible so it had to be re-uploaded. The other was about completing my loan application which had already been completed and in my documents under manage account.
Still scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. So excited and nervous still for tomorrow.

I don't think its going to get better until I'm driving my car

We pickup #1 on Wednesday, no recent communication from our SA, #2 still shows 3/7-3/13, no request to schedule a day/time for pickup yet. ...... yes the nerves are real. :)

Reactions: Mark57
I just got the dreaded text that my car has not been picked up by the delivery driver and to expect a re-schedule :(
I cancelled my car rental and spoke to the KC delivery center which was a huge help. Probably going to have to reschedule for Wednesday or Friday.
OMG-- the wait just gets worse guys. We all need a Tesla Specific meditation app to get us through the waiting room period

Reactions: Twags
Man I'm still waiting on my VIN from ordering 1/27 in Virginia with a Red/White LR and Tesla financing. Anyone else order around the same time as me with a similar config and gotten a VIN, frustrating to see my dates move further and further away and silence with others getting updates with orders placed weeks after me.

I just got the dreaded text that my car has not been picked up by the delivery driver and to expect a re-schedule :(
I cancelled my car rental and spoke to the KC delivery center which was a huge help. Probably going to have to reschedule for Wednesday or Friday.
OMG-- the wait just gets worse guys. We all need a Tesla Specific meditation app to get us through the waiting room period

You mean me obsessively refreshing the same page because it intermittently changes from the actual dates to a weeks timeframe that fits inside the actual dates and worrying that it means something isn't healthy or reasonable?

That's a fair point, counterpoint, I already bought all my accessories and wired my wall charger in and now I don't have anything else to do.

Did your dates change? How far away is your service center? What you're experiencing is my fear, making all the arrangements and then the ball gets dropped at the last second.

Daily update for So. Cal

Saturday - Mar 1 - Mar 15
Sunday - Mar 2 - Mar 15
Monday - Mar 3 - Mar 15

So it seems every day they push my soonest date back by one.

my deliver date was like that for a while after my order was taken off hold (1/20) but then flipped back a forth between that and a more specific window for a few days before finally getting a VIN on 2/12. hopefully you are close to getting matched.

Mark told me 3 weeks ago to wait until you're a week out to really see the anticipation anxiety, I didn't really believe him... Now I get it. I don't really understand why I'm so excited. This is not my first car, just my first electric car.

LOL, it's definitely real. I went through it twice. Once with mine and then again for my wife's car. I thought the second one would be better having already gone through it, but noooooo.

Dang, hate to hear that. I'm confused though about the delivery driver. Are you picking it up in KC or are they delivering it to you?

This makes me nervous. It is a 6.5 hour drive from Little Rock to KC and I am selling my current car instead of trading it in. I was planning on flying but I would hate to buy a ticket and it gets rescheduled.

Man I'm still waiting on my VIN from ordering 1/27 in Virginia with a Red/White LR and Tesla financing. Anyone else order around the same time as me with a similar config and gotten a VIN, frustrating to see my dates move further and further away and silence with others getting updates with orders placed weeks after me.
I ordered White/White 1/22 and still don't have a VIN.

Daily update for So. Cal

Saturday - Mar 1 - Mar 15
Sunday - Mar 2 - Mar 15
Monday - Mar 3 - Mar 15

So it seems every day they push my soonest date back by one.

From what I've read, I think
my deliver date was like that for a while after my order was taken off hold (1/20) but then flipped back a forth between that and a more specific window for a few days before finally getting a VIN on 2/12. hopefully you are close to getting matched.

Yeah hopefully. I've been waiting since 11/6. In CA at least, it seems VIN to delivery date is 6 days. So I'm guessing they're trying to make at least a few deliveries down here while they're still doing the east coast and midwest.

Dang, hate to hear that. I'm confused though about the delivery driver. Are you picking it up in KC or are they delivering it to you?

I'm picking up in KC but the delivery driver hasn't picked it up in Chicago yet. KC Logistics said they have 3 cars on the train that delivery driver hasn't picked up yet. My car may still be there today, but that puts them in a tough spot to prep it for pickup by tomorrow.

oh no, i jinxed you! sucks that you got pushed back especially right before taking delivery, i know how much anticipation there is in the last couple of days. good luck i hope you are able to pick it up on wednesday or friday at the latest

Reactions: hemikat
I'm picking up in KC but the delivery driver hasn't picked it up in Chicago yet. KC Logistics said they have 3 cars on the train that delivery driver hasn't picked up yet. My car may still be there today, but that puts them in a tough spot to prep it for pickup by tomorrow.

Ah, I didn't know they trucked them down from Chicago. Yeah as much as you want it now, personally, I'd rather they had adequate time to prep. I had to cancel rental and room due to the Polar Vortex delay but it worked out for the best. If it's outside when you arrive, it will be in a numbered space to the left of the front door.

You mean me obsessively refreshing the same page because it intermittently changes from the actual dates to a weeks timeframe that fits inside the actual dates and worrying that it means something isn't healthy or reasonable?

That's a fair point, counterpoint, I already bought all my accessories and wired my wall charger in and now I don't have anything else to do.

Did your dates change? How far away is your service center? What you're experiencing is my fear, making all the arrangements and then the ball gets dropped at the last second.

I am 242 miles from the KC delivery center. My dates changed hourly until I scheduled my actual delivery date and time. My delay isn't Tesla's fault, the railroad in Chicago shut down for a week during the polar vortex which has created a huge back up at the railroad.
They are having trouble picking it up from the railroad now. I understand Texas getting shutdown for snow, but I thought Chicago would be equipped to handle snow and not shutdown all their deliveries.

Ah, I didn't know they trucked them down from Chicago. Yeah as much as you want it now, personally, I'd rather they had adequate time to prep. I had to cancel rental and room due to the Polar Vortex delay but it worked out for the best. If it's outside when you arrive, it will be in a numbered space to the left of the front door.

One more day isn't that big of a deal. I don't want them rushing to get my car out the door anymore than they do. I waited almost 3 years to make this order so another 2 or 3 days is ok... but the anticipation is crazy. It like a 7 week long Christmas Eve Night.

Reactions: Mark57