Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
woohoo, got my car!

so my appointment was 2pm yesterday. when i got to the SC they told me someone would be with me in 15 mins. 15 mins later a sales rep came out with my paperwork but let me know that they were running behind today my car was the next one up in the detail shop then they would bring it around, estimated 45 mins wait time. they offered me a loaner if i wanted to go get coffee or something while i waited, i said thank you but ill just wait here. So about 30 mins into my 45 min wait, the rep came back out and let me know that they noticed 2 panel gaps while detailing the car (in my head im thinking "NOOOOOOO"). She took me outside to show me on another model 3 where the gaps were. She asked me what i wanted to do, i said that wasnt a deal breaker and she confirmed that if i took delivery i could make a service appointment to get the gaps fixed. OK, so not ideal but i wanted to at least see the car before i rejected it. I ended up waiting another 30 mins, about an hour and 15 mins total, then they finally brought my car around front. they showed me the 2 panel gaps and they turned out to be very minor, i probably wouldnt have even noticed the second one if they didnt point it out, so i was very pleased since i thought i might have to reject the car only a few minutes ago (i never thought to myself at any point "great now i HAVE to reject this car" but when they mentioned they found panel gaps i did get a feeling of dread in the back of my mind) . I gave the tesla rep my check book so she could process the down payment (i had trouble when trying to link my account through tesla's site last week) which gave me 15 mins or so to continue to inspect the car. when my rep came back she helped me accept delivery through my tesla account. once that was completed i added my phone as a key to my car and after she offered to answer any other questions i had, i was done. drove my car the 30 mins home, overall very easy and the only down side was having to wait an hour or so, but they let me know up front which is all you can ask for.

here are a couple pics i took at the SC. good luck everyone! its worth the wait!

Attachments

• Tesla Pic1.jpg
    Tesla Pic1.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Tesla Pic2.jpg
    Tesla Pic2.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 55
When you do finally get a delivery date, do you get an option to pick it up on a Saturday? How big of a window do they typically give?

i got a text asking me to schedule my delivery appointment and when i went on the tesla site to schedule it i only had 3 days available (3/1-3/3). if you are asked to schedule and none of the available days work for you i would email your SA to see if they can help. i didnt have an issue with the delivery window they gave me so im not sure how much flexibility they have.

test out that sound system I've not heard the 14 speaker system yet.

Be sure to go into the sound settings and adjust the base, mid-range, and treble. It comes set at zero for all three. I use a EQ curve with max base, 60% mid, and 75% treble. Makes a huge difference. Streaming HQ music from your phone sounds good and it shows the album art. FLAC from a USB sounds even better, but there's a bug where the album art does not show via USB.

Reactions: hemikat
i got a text asking me to schedule my delivery appointment and when i went on the tesla site to schedule it i only had 3 days available (3/1-3/3). if you are asked to schedule and none of the available days work for you i would email your SA to see if they can help. i didnt have an issue with the delivery window they gave me so im not sure how much flexibility they have.
I have a vacation coming up on March 18-22 and I have a feeling I will get my delivery date for those days.

Be sure to go into the sound settings and adjust the base, mid-range, and treble. It comes set at zero for all three. I use a EQ curve with max base, 60% mid, and 75% treble. Makes a huge difference. Streaming HQ music from your phone sounds good and it shows the album art. FLAC from a USB sounds even better, but there's a bug where the album art does not show via USB.
I'll be messing with those EQ setting from now to eternity :D

I would take that with a grain of salt - my SA has said the exact opposite. China is supposed to service Europe/Australia/etc. and Fremont/Texas will be serving the North American market.

I find it hard to believe that Elon would logistically ship Model 3s from China all the way to the US right now.
the car is RHD by the way, so might be the main reason why its coming from Asia

Reactions: Npap and tstolze