Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to pickup my M3LR yesterday. Was at the SC for a total of 15 minutes, it was a great process overall. No issues at with the car other than now I've put 200 miles on it and need to wash and wax.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for VINs, I am sure your M3 is coming soon.

SM IMG_20210322_181420112 (2).jpg

SA called me and said those are the pre-production ones and they might assign it to me but she had said that before. She said that I’ll probably get delivery this weekend but we shall see.

Yes, I will be picking up at Burbank.
I talked to My SA as well and they said Saturday, but I still don't have the Vin yet. Burbank is my pick-up as well as I live too far for a delivery option. Hope it happens for all of us and we get our cars before the end of the month

Reactions: lukey13
Reactions: sospechoso14
Hey guys, I'm taking delivery on the 25th, and I was wondering if what my Sales Advisor said was true. He said that I can make the down payment right now and not worry because Tesla will give all the money back if I refuse delivery. But I remember Tesla took away the 7 day return period, and although I didn't read the full payment legality terms, I noticed that it kept saying that the customer's not entitled to a refund or something along that line so I'm worried that he said that just to get the money.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit : Here's the terms - Privacy & Legal | Tesla

Same for me moved to 3/26-3/31 Blue/black Renton delivery also. No Vin yet. How are they going to build these cars and deliver them in just 8 days?
Where or how do you know your delivery location? How do you know it will not be delivered? I was assuming that came when a VIN was assigned. Renton is certainly closest to me as I'm out in Maple Valley, but I've never seen any sort of confirmation.

Hey guys, I'm taking delivery on the 25th, and I was wondering if what my Sales Advisor said was true. He said that I can make the down payment right now and not worry because Tesla will give all the money back if I refuse delivery. But I remember Tesla took away the 7 day return period, and although I didn't read the full payment legality terms, I noticed that it kept saying that the customer's not entitled to a refund or something along that line so I'm worried that he said that just to get the money.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit : Here's the terms - Privacy & Legal | Tesla

To preface, I cant confirm nor deny so... now with that said, my question to you is: whats the incentive to pay for something you havent seen yet/cant confirm is acceptable?

I know there are some whack a** states that make you pay up front in full, but thats not to your benefit. No, that was those states governments looking out for their real constituency (big money.) However and I might be wrong, but I dont believe MA requires this.

I would like to suggest thinking of this as similar to a home improvement project. Do NOT pay everything up front, because either that contractor is going to suddenly disappear for good, or he'll come back in 6mos after he is done chasing all of the other checks folks have withheld until they can confirm the work was done correctly. There is no incentive for them to "playball" if they have already been paid.

To preface, I cant confirm nor deny so... now with that said, my question to you is: whats the incentive to pay for something you havent seen yet/cant confirm is acceptable?

I know there are some whack a** states that make you pay up front in full, but thats not to your benefit. No, that was those states governments looking out for their real constituency (big money.) However and I might be wrong, but I dont believe MA requires this.

I would like to suggest thinking of this as similar to a home improvement project. Do NOT pay everything up front, because either that contractor is going to suddenly disappear for good, or he'll come back in 6mos after he is done chasing all of the other checks folks have withheld until they can confirm the work was done correctly. There is no incentive for them to "playball" if they have already been paid.
MA doesn't require it and I've confirmed it with another Sales Advisor from a nearby Tesla store. I've only populated my bank account that I'll be transferring funds from, but have not paid just yet. So I'll take your advice and just hold on to it until Thursday, thanks for your input.

MA doesn't require it and I've confirmed it with another Sales Advisor from a nearby Tesla store. I've only populated my bank account that I'll be transferring funds from, but have not paid just yet. So I'll take your advice and just hold on to it until Thursday, thanks for your input.

100%. IMO we're both a bit lucky and unlucky in our timing. Mr. Musk uses the profits from tesla to fund all of his other pet projects, given that TSLA is the piggybank they have to put considerable effort into meeting/exceeding the financial prognosticators predictions otherwise they'll see a slump in the share price. To avoid this, Tesla is going to do everything in their power to get butts in seats by the end of Q1. If they already have your payment, there is no incentive for them to make any issues right immediately. Whereas if your money is not in their bank account, that is an open order that is costing them money to sit on. Cap ex, op ex, inventory carry over costs, etc. I am showing up to delivery with a cashiers check for our down payment and fully plan on using that as the carrot/stick depending on how things go. You will never again be in such a position to hold that leverage kind over them.

100%. IMO we're both a bit lucky and unlucky in our timing. Mr. Musk uses the profits from tesla to fund all of his other pet projects, given that TSLA is the piggybank they have to put considerable effort into meeting/exceeding the financial prognosticators predictions otherwise they'll see a slump in the share price. To avoid this, Tesla is going to do everything in their power to get butts in seats by the end of Q1. If they already have your payment, there is no incentive for them to make any issues right immediately. Whereas if your money is not in their bank account, that is an open order that is costing them money to sit on. Cap ex, op ex, inventory carry over costs, etc. I am showing up to delivery with a cashiers check for our down payment and fully plan on using that as the carrot/stick depending on how things go. You will never again be in such a position to hold that leverage kind over them.
I agree, I've read horror stories of deliveries where Tesla basically neglects people once they put the down payment down and on the delivery day, give horrible service, or lack of.

I've been waiting for my delivery since November 2020, and finally got VIN on March 18 (white/white LR AWD, 18", no FSD; Southern CA). My delivery was scheduled for this morning, March 23, but, since March 19, Tesla pick up location has been calling if I can pick it up sooner. This morning, on the day of pick up, I get a text from Tesla location that there has been "paint issues" so they delayed pick up to a tentative date, March 28. I lined up other factors like selling my current vehicle, scheduling for PPF installation, etc. Tesla location had 4 days they could have inspected the vehicle since they asked me to pick it up. This, in addition to shady customer service (I've been cordial and polite in all my interactions with SA's, but ghosting, gaslighting, unanswered texts, cliff hanger emails seem to be company policy), is increasing my distrust over the vehicle's build quality and company practices overall. The m3 I was matched with came out of factory March 16, and within a week's time frame--there's already damage by sitting in the lot (problem might even be something else as far as I know). I am seriously having seconds thoughts about making the transition to Tesla and becoming dependent on the company without any third party option or support. Kind of feels like I am about recklessly marry a questionable Tinder date despite the red flags. I can't imagine what using their insurance and service centers will be like. Anyone else have this concern? If anyone is already in the Tesla ecosystem, am I just paranoid?