Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Text to add payment info and that I got Switched to delivery to my home instead of pickup from Burbank. I wish it would have stayed at Burbank center. Wonder if I can change it to Burbank again. did not want all my neighbors watching me get a new car.

ok ... good to know ... thanks! So kind basically what I experienced when I backed out of a used car deal
No problem, and although I know paying prior is easier and less stressful, I will say I wished I waited until I inspected the car.
I felt comfortable after picking up our first early in the month and paid for the second delivery early, which we rejected.
Now waiting on another VIN and not knowing if we will get assigned now or in 2 months. Interest isn't that much, but Discover pays .4% right now and it all adds up.

Are you guys paying now or waiting? Think I’m just going to pay. I don’t think I’ll reject the car unless it’s something they cannot fix.
Pay when you pick up the car. They almost expect you to do that anyway.

And when I got the text to schedule a date, my SC ended up setting up a tentative date that was 3 days earlier, then the guy in charge of delivery reached out and contacted me when it was prepped and ready to go saying I was scheduled for a date much later but I was welcome to come in right now. And the contactless pickup was certainly a different vibe from getting a car at a normal dealership that is for sure.

Reactions: sospechoso14
Pay when you pick up the car. They almost expect you to do that anyway.

And when I got the text to schedule a date, my SC ended up setting up a tentative date that was 3 days earlier, then the guy in charge of delivery reached out and contacted me when it was prepped and ready to go saying I was scheduled for a date much later but I was welcome to come in right now. And the contactless pickup was certainly a different vibe from getting a car at a normal dealership that is for sure.
I will picking up in Palm Springs too. Did they contact you before you picked your delivery date or had you chosen already a date and they offered a sooner date? Thanks Cras

I will picking up in Palm Springs too. Did they contact you before you picked your delivery date or had you chosen already a date and they offered a sooner date? Thanks Cras
I woke up the morning of the 17th and checked my page and saw I was assigned a VIN. Then shortly after I got the automated text giving me a link to use to schedule the delivery. That gave me an option of 23-25th. I picked 10am the 23rd.

Then my account page changed and it allowed me to do the Tesla insurance, sign docs, things like that. Later that day I got a text from the SA I met from my test drive and was communicating with, and she said the car is on its way to the desert and she would give me a "tentative" delivery date, which ended up being the 20th. I really wasnt expecting that date to hold from just the whole experience of waiting on a vin so far.

On the 19th I got a call from a different guy, he sent me texts, emails, voice mails, the works to get in touch with me. He said the car was delivered, they finished prepping it, and I was down on the schedule for pick up on the 27th but if I wanted to come in that evening (the 19th) before they close I could. I said I wasnt able to get there by 6pm prior to closing so I moved it to the 20th at 10Am and it was smooth sailing from there.

Columbus. I'll of course be hoping my appointment gets moved up earlier, but a few more days is fine. As it tends to go with these things, the anticipation is a killer, but once we have them in our possessions a few days, we'll forget all about the agony of waiting.
Did you get any updates on moving up your delivery? I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow, but apparently my car hasn't arrived in CBUS yet. Just waiting for an update from my SA at this point.

Did you get any updates on moving up your delivery? I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow, but apparently my car hasn't arrived in CBUS yet. Just waiting for an update from my SA at this point.
I sent an email to my SA yesterday with the hope that since I got the text saying my car was in transit last Friday, maybe it had shown up early and I could come get it. He called me at the end of the day and let me know the car hadn't arrived, and is still scheduled to arrive Saturday, maybe Friday. He said we may end up needing to push delivery back to Sunday even, but he's keeping my appointment for later in the day Saturday in hopes it arrives in time that they can go through it and have it ready. So it pretty much seals it that I won't get it any sooner than this weekend. Honestly, at least know that's the case and not wondering whether it showed up early and it's just sitting on the lot until my appointment does make me feel better. Plus, it's just a few more days, and my work schedule is busy enough that they'll go by quickly.

Here's hoping yours shows up on time and you can still get it tomorrow!

Columbus. I'll of course be hoping my appointment gets moved up earlier, but a few more days is fine. As it tends to go with these things, the anticipation is a killer, but once we have them in our possessions a few days, we'll forget all about the agony of waiting.
I sent an email to my SA yesterday with the hope that since I got the text saying my car was in transit last Friday, maybe it had shown up early and I could come get it. He called me at the end of the day and let me know the car hadn't arrived, and is still scheduled to arrive Saturday, maybe Friday. He said we may end up needing to push delivery back to Sunday even, but he's keeping my appointment for later in the day Saturday in hopes it arrives in time that they can go through it and have it ready. So it pretty much seals it that I won't get it any sooner than this weekend. Honestly, at least know that's the case and not wondering whether it showed up early and it's just sitting on the lot until my appointment does make me feel better. Plus, it's just a few more days, and my work schedule is busy enough that they'll go by quickly.

Here's hoping yours shows up on time and you can still get it tomorrow!
Got it. Glad you were able to connect with your SA on the status. The weekend will be here before you know it. Crossing my fingers that mine will show up today.... wanted to avoid the weekend crowd if possible.

I woke up the morning of the 17th and checked my page and saw I was assigned a VIN. Then shortly after I got the automated text giving me a link to use to schedule the delivery. That gave me an option of 23-25th. I picked 10am the 23rd.

Then my account page changed and it allowed me to do the Tesla insurance, sign docs, things like that. Later that day I got a text from the SA I met from my test drive and was communicating with, and she said the car is on its way to the desert and she would give me a "tentative" delivery date, which ended up being the 20th. I really wasnt expecting that date to hold from just the whole experience of waiting on a vin so far.

On the 19th I got a call from a different guy, he sent me texts, emails, voice mails, the works to get in touch with me. He said the car was delivered, they finished prepping it, and I was down on the schedule for pick up on the 27th but if I wanted to come in that evening (the 19th) before they close I could. I said I wasnt able to get there by 6pm prior to closing so I moved it to the 20th at 10Am and it was smooth sailing from there.
Thank you for that through explanation