Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to go buy a lotto ticket - I'm reading this forum after the fact. I put in my order for my blue Model 3 long range on Sunday the 21st - thinking there will be a significant wait involved. Just spoke with the dealership who verified I'll have it delivered by the end of the month. I think I just had a case of lucky timing for end of the quarter push. 10 days from order to pick up, I'll take it. (Seattle area)

Congrats to everyone that just got their VINs!! Still no VIN for me yet but my dates changed back to March 26-31 from weeks. Seems like it’ll be my turn soon!!

Here are my specs again since I haven’t posted them in a second: Ordered 2/19, MSM/Black, 18” wheels, no FSD
I just called my local service center for the first time since my SA has pretty much ghosted me. I didn't get a name but he told me that I have a build/production spot slotted for tomorrow, and that I should be getting a text from them within the next couple of days (which is the end of the month anyway lol) to start preparing for delivery. Knowing a little more about my order has helped to relieve a bit of my impatience 😌😌

I need to go buy a lotto ticket - I'm reading this forum after the fact. I put in my order for my blue Model 3 long range on Sunday the 21st - thinking there will be a significant wait involved. Just spoke with the dealership who verified I'll have it delivered by the end of the month. I think I just had a case of lucky timing for end of the quarter push. 10 days from order to pick up, I'll take it. (Seattle area)
let us know what numbers you put on the lotto ticket

Username checks out. SA commenting to his co-worker after you left "... Yeah, THAT guy!" :)

Funny story there, this is one of my nom's de guerre after I had an absolutely awful experience with the ownership/moderation of this site. Apparently my legal last name is too vulgar to be included in my member username, even though the DMV gave me a vanity plate with it and every other service I am subscribed to has no issue with it (even very picky gaming platforms.)

I saved the emails back and forth and you'd be surprised what the ownership/moderation of TMC actually think of us plebs...

Funny story there, this is one of my nom's de guerre after I had an absolutely awful experience with the ownership/moderation of this site. Apparently my legal last name is too vulgar to be included in my member username, even though the DMV gave me a vanity plate with it and every other service I am subscribed to has no issue with it (even very picky gaming platforms.)

I saved the emails back and forth and you'd be surprised what the ownership/moderation of TMC actually think of us plebs...
This sounds like a good story.

This sounds like a good story.
It was entirely unnecessary as most "holier than thou" power trips are.

Without getting too deep into the weeds, I've worked IT for a long time, used to work for a few very well known software companies in the bay area and was heavily involved in bimmerforums by virtue of being an e36 track rat and my IT knowledge/connections. I reached out to a few folks I know that are in both worlds and shared my correspondence and those folks turned me on to a few other previously well regard posters here that have since left the community due to similar reasons. Its a real shame.

I sent an email to my SA yesterday with the hope that since I got the text saying my car was in transit last Friday, maybe it had shown up early and I could come get it. He called me at the end of the day and let me know the car hadn't arrived, and is still scheduled to arrive Saturday, maybe Friday. He said we may end up needing to push delivery back to Sunday even, but he's keeping my appointment for later in the day Saturday in hopes it arrives in time that they can go through it and have it ready. So it pretty much seals it that I won't get it any sooner than this weekend. Honestly, at least know that's the case and not wondering whether it showed up early and it's just sitting on the lot until my appointment does make me feel better. Plus, it's just a few more days, and my work schedule is busy enough that they'll go by quickly.

Here's hoping yours shows up on time and you can still get it tomorrow!
So the car never showed up today so I had to reschedule for Friday. The SA said that they have a new driver so he's not quite sure what's going on as far as it's location. I know the weather is supposed to be awful tomorrow so maybe it's a blessing.