Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang, my delivery dates disappeared again yesterday around 4pm (account page just has a dash without any dates) and, unlike yesterday, they haven’t come back this morning. It’s feeling dicey whether I’ll get it this month! :(
In a similar spot as you- I have delivery dates from March 27-March 31 but no vin and no delivery date like everyone else :/ the least Tesla could do for me on my birthday is a vin! Good luck to us both

In a similar spot as you- I have delivery dates from March 27-March 31 but no vin and no delivery date like everyone else :/ the least Tesla could do for me on my birthday is a vin! Good luck to us both
I called my Delivery Advisor and he said that a bunch of us doing delivery in Marina Del Rey had our dates disappear. But he still expects us to get our cars in March and that our VINs shouldn’t be too far away, so that’s some hope at least.

Also got the text this morning. Looks like we're being forced into home delivery, supposedly on Monday, 3/29. Still going to see if I can pick it up from the SC earlier.

edit: called the SC, they show my car actually arriving on Sunday, so more than likely Monday is what its going to be, however I'm going to check with them Sat just in case its come a bit early.

for all of the folks waiting on VIN's still, if you ordered by 3/14 give or take, I believe you will get your cars this month. It may be at 9pm on 3/31 but Tesla is going to do everything possible to get those vehicles delivered.

Last edited:
What’s the implication if we are forced into home delivery? Does it prevent us from inspecting the car?

I've spoken with my SC twice and a SA on this and here is what I know:

• They are doing home delivery to any address within 20-25 miles of the delivery SC
  • Its because they are simply too swamped at the SC and cant adhere to social distancing and all that. My SC said he is literally out of parking spaces for new vehicles.
  • The car will go through a "full readiness inspection" and detail before it is dropped off
  • You will be able to submit any issues found on the car through the app. Supposedly anything submitted within the first 24hrs is assumed to be factory/delivery damage/issues and they will get them addressed.
  • You can still reject the car. I didnt get into the specifics about how that works, but my SC did say it was possible and that they issue a refund in the form of a check after "a few weeks."
  • They will basically drop it in your driveway then take off. The person doing the drop off is a 3rd party delivery service and not a tesla employee.
  • You may be able to call your SC and take delivery in person if they have the availability.

Has anyone picking up at Lynnwood SC been forced to do a home delivery yet? So far it sounds like we're all scheduled for in-person pickup.
Prior to ordering on the 8th, all of my interaction was with Lynnwood SC. I was even assigned an SA from Lynnwood location. My assumption was that I'd be picking up from there.

After I received the text to schedule delivery, my only option was to have home delivery, done by the Bellevue 20th Street SC. I believe this is because A) my car was shipped to Bellevue not Lynnwood, and B) the 20th Street SC doesn't allow customer deliveries at that location (they all have to be home delivery, or at least that's what I was told).

Reactions: electricskwirl
Does anyone know how strictly Tesla enforces the "All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery." for at home delivery? All the delivery times that are provided fall into the working hours for my wife and she wouldn't be able to be present.

Does anyone know how strictly Tesla enforces the "All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery." for at home delivery? All the delivery times that are provided fall into the working hours for my wife and she wouldn't be able to be present.
I think they require all parties signatures on a few documents. You could change the delivery address to your wife's work location, and have her pop out quickly to sign.

I called my Delivery Advisor and he said that a bunch of us doing delivery in Marina Del Rey had our dates disappear. But he still expects us to get our cars in March and that our VINs shouldn’t be too far away, so that’s some hope at least.
Mine said the same about getting it in March, but a little worried because I haven't read anything about anyone doing delivery at Buena Park like I am. Not sure if or how that changes things

I've spoken with my SC twice and a SA on this and here is what I know:

• They are doing home delivery to any address within 20-25 miles of the delivery SC
  • Its because they are simply too swamped at the SC and cant adhere to social distancing and all that. My SC said he is literally out of parking spaces for new vehicles.
  • The car will go through a "full readiness inspection" and detail before it is dropped off
  • You will be able to submit any issues found on the car through the app. Supposedly anything submitted within the first 24hrs is assumed to be factory/delivery damage/issues and they will get them addressed.
  • You can still reject the car. I didnt get into the specifics about how that works, but my SC did say it was possible and that they issue a refund in the form of a check after "a few weeks."
  • They will basically drop it in your driveway then take off. The person doing the drop off is a 3rd party delivery service and not a tesla employee.
  • You may be able to call your SC and take delivery in person if they have the availability.
Interesting that they’d have a 3rd party deliver the car. I have a trade-in so I wonder how the process would be like for me.

So I was told (just a few hours ago) by my SC that they dont really care who is present at home delivery as they person delivering the car might not even ring the door bell. All of our documentation is digital and simply click the buttons and its yours.