Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, I haven’t gotten any communication about scheduling delivery. Which is fine by me, because they gave me my VIN on late enough on Friday that my bank closed and so I can’t get the financing check until Monday.

Waiting for the text/call from Marina Del Rey SC. Hope they don’t try to force me to take delivery over the weekend!

My car was just delivered 1 hr ago. Everything was good except for the frunk misalignment, one paint dropping on the rocker panel, and a small uneven coating layer on the right passenger door below the mirror. I’ll report the frunk and rocker panel but I’m honestly fine with it if it’s not fixed. They didn’t do a good job of cleaning the interior but whatever.

good luck for the new people who are waiting!

My car was just delivered 1 hr ago. Everything was good except for the frunk misalignment, one paint dropping on the rocker panel, and a small uneven coating layer on the right passenger door below the mirror. I’ll report the frunk and rocker panel but I’m honestly fine with it if it’s not fixed. They didn’t do a good job of cleaning the interior but whatever.

good luck for the new people who are waiting!
Well, after installing my trunk mat, the trunk doesn’t close all the way. Had to push it. Just reported it to Tesla

Sorry for the delayed response. Car didn't show up until late Thursday. Ended up picking it up yesterday at 11AM. No issues really (2 very small paint chips in the rear door wells, so not exposed to the outside and I believe the material is aluminum, so no rust risk) and a little dirt on the back seat (which is white), came right off.

Got home and tested my newly installed outlet in the garage and I am pulling the max 24 amps for my setup. Only bummed at myself for missing a piece of lint when I put on the screen protector....grr.

I hope everything goes smooth for you today! Enjoy!!

View attachment 648411
Everything went smooth! Probably took 20-25 minutes total. Car looks great. I was able to go through inside and out before accepting delivery and couldn't find any issues. I figure if I find anything later, I'll deal with it then, but if I didn't find anything when looking close then I doubt it'll bother me anyway.

Took the wife and kid with me and dropped them off to do some shopping. My son (6 years old) didn't know I was getting it, so it was a total surprise to him. He asked if it was fast, so I showed him how fast it was. He was cackling wildly and kept asking me to do it again! It was exactly the response I had hoped for.

Attachments

• 20210327_174218.jpg
    20210327_174218.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210327_171603.jpg
    20210327_171603.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 53
So close yet so far away...the car was brought and parked in my driveway. It looks great! I only saw one minor small paint mark in front which hopefully can be buffed out. Inside looked great as well...but then the Tesla employee let me know that on the way all the safety features randomly disabled while driving . And he noticed that the steering wheel was off center. Out of caution he called he supervisor who told him to bring to the SC to check it out. No delivery today. It’s been rescheduled to Tuesday.

Tesla dangled it right in front of my face and then drove off with it. So freaking annoying! But hopefully the issues will be easy fixes

Attachments

• E8B36597-D3E9-4947-8BC0-DF670CF38791.jpeg
    E8B36597-D3E9-4947-8BC0-DF670CF38791.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2AF4E8D7-3355-4F14-B8D7-41C88669DACE.jpeg
    2AF4E8D7-3355-4F14-B8D7-41C88669DACE.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 57
  • E4C0BE17-FBB3-450B-9942-EFC272D8BC2A.jpeg
    E4C0BE17-FBB3-450B-9942-EFC272D8BC2A.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: klangeMod3
So close yet so far away...the car was brought and parked in my driveway. It looks great! I only saw one minor small paint mark in front which hopefully can be buffed out. Inside looked great as well...but then the Tesla employee let me know that on the way all the safety features randomly disabled while driving . And he noticed that the steering wheel was off center. Out of caution he called he supervisor who told him to bring to the SC to check it out. No delivery today. It’s been rescheduled to Tuesday.

Tesla dangled it right in front of my face and then drove off with it. So freaking annoying! But hopefully the issues will be easy fixes
Damn that sucks but I guess it's better they caught that problem instead of you having to worry about it as soon as you got the car.

My pick up today was good. Lynnwood location was pretty busy. Found one issue with back driver side panel under the charging port. I was able to push it back in myself. Everything else checked out. Drove it for about 45 mins to try and get the cameras calibrated. I received a notice when arrived home that it was completed I think. Will be visiting some friends tomorrow and report back. Loving the drive so far.

Home delivery went smoothly. Really no issues at all. Car is great, no gap or paint issues that I can find, car charges, and app is working (although I’m having trouble getting the car to recognize my iPhone.). Love this car already. View attachment 648592
Friend of mine had the same phone issue, after a quick restart of the phone, the bluetooth issue was totally fixed (iPhone XS)

Reactions: Ignatius2021
Everything went smooth! Probably took 20-25 minutes total. Car looks great. I was able to go through inside and out before accepting delivery and couldn't find any issues. I figure if I find anything later, I'll deal with it then, but if I didn't find anything when looking close then I doubt it'll bother me anyway.

Took the wife and kid with me and dropped them off to do some shopping. My son (6 years old) didn't know I was getting it, so it was a total surprise to him. He asked if it was fast, so I showed him how fast it was. He was cackling wildly and kept asking me to do it again! It was exactly the response I had hoped for.
Glad to hear. I actually have a 6 year old son too (funny), although he was totally aware of the whole process and actually rode with us on a test drive last fall. He was as excited as I was. Visited the in-laws in Dayton today and he took charge showing them the ends and outs of the car (except for driving...).

Well Enjoy!

Are they delivering it to you? If so, please do let us know the process you go through!
Super smooth process. A Tesla employee drove the car to the house. I had plenty of time to look over the car. Once I accepted delivery, the employee helped ensure the app was set up. No issues with the car it looks like a dream. Drives even better.

2/7 - Ordered M3 LR White on White, Aero Rims
3/16 - Loan Offer Conditionally Approved
3/17 - Submitted Mortgage info for Loan
3/19 - Loan Offer Approved
3/26 - VIN on Website
3/27 - Delivery Date pushed to 3/29-3/31

Still no email, call or text from Tesla regarding delivery or pick up. Should I be worried? How soon after your VIN was on the website did you receive contact about a delivery or pick-up schedule?

Thanks.

Scheduled to pick up my car on Sunday but just received a call that my car hasn’t even left the factory yet and is sitting waiting. So now I have to wait till the 31st. 😣
They scheduled me to pick up (2 hrs from my house) without calling/texting/emailing me. Even though I called and said I can pick up tomorrow or in 10 days to due to work - and was promised a call back to figure it out. That's a bit disappointing communication

They scheduled me to pick up (2 hrs from my house) without calling/texting/emailing me. Even though I called and said I can pick up tomorrow or in 10 days to due to work - and was promised a call back to figure it out. That's a bit disappointing communication
Yeah I’m crossing my fingers that the car shows up because after another phone call they said the car was in transit.
We shall see, this is the most annoying part about the experience. I know once I’m in the car all this will be behind me. Haha

They also told me if I can't pick it up on Monday they will give it away. Annoyed at this for sure. What happens to the very large payment I sent them? Interest free loan?
Yeah I’m crossing my fingers that the car shows up because after another phone call they said the car was in transit.
We shall see, this is the most annoying part about the experience. I know once I’m in the car all this will be behind me. Haha

Went to pickup our Black/White yesterday after rejecting the 1st one on 3/18.
Walked up to a Black/White, different name/VIN, walk around looking at all the cars in the pickup area, find a Black/Black in the pickup area with my name in it. Walk in, let them know there's a problem and get that look like, we don't make mistakes like this.
Manager started scrolling through everything on his laptop, had someone flash the lights to verify the VIN of the car, after 5-10 minutes he closes his laptop and walks out of the area, he wasn't happy.
Sales advisor comes over and tells us the system should have warned him when assigning a car that wasn't a match to our order before it processed and it didn't.
They brought this car from Chicago inventory to St. Louis for us so nobody is very happy at this time.
I told them I would take it but wouldn't pay full price for the car since it's not what I ordered, the Service Center has accepted the offer but needed approval from higher up... I doubt it gets accepted, but I had to throw it out, if not we will be back to the VIN waiting game and a May/June delivery after ordering on 1/2. :) Our original pickup for this car was on Tuesday 3/30 at 5pm and believe we would have a better chance of them taking our offer if this was all discovered late in the evening on the 2nd to last day of the quarter.

Are they delivering it to you? If so, please do let us know the process you go through!

It was great! They called me as they left the Service center, to let me know when they would arrive.

There were two Tesla employees (the driver and one in a second Tesla). The guy in the second Tesla arrived first, and played boom box sounds for us while we waited. 😂 They had three other deliveries in the area that afternoon and were car pooling back to the SC.

Once the car arrived, they didn’t make me feel rushed at all. In fact, they were prepared to show me much more than I needed or wanted them to. Car was clean and aside from a few bugs on the front, was no worse for the wear.

After I finished giving it a good once over, I accepted delivery and they let me know I had three days and 100 miles to report anything I did find later. Overall a very pleasant experience and actually saw TWO Tesla employees at the same time. 😉

Would not hesitate to recommend home delivery, especially to avoid the mob at the SC at end of quarter.

Tim

Reactions: lukey13 and ssnfxx
Just got my text message! It says that my car will be built tomorrow and delivered to my home on the 31st. I guess I’m barely making it into this quarter haha!
I have yet to get my check from financing. I’m going to do it Monday.

Does anyone know how this works with home delivery? Do I just hand them a check for the remaining amount?

Reactions: lukey13