Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MSM / white interior LR today in Richmond, VA!

Overall, it was a smooth process. They let me have as much time as I needed to look the car over. I had no issues, they even had it charged up to 90% for me. I had been worried that I would miss the sound and feel of the V8 I was coming from, but that worry went away after the first on-ramp I took.
What V8 were you coming from? Camaro SS here, will miss the sound but getting even faster acceleration is great!

Today is the day! I am super excited about getting the car but I have never been more in the dark about the process /delivery ever before in my life. To summarize the events:

When I booked the car, I was told that my address was deliverable and that I had to pick the car up
After VIN assignment the delivery address on the My Account page changed to my home address
I got a text message from the local Tesla team asking me to fill out a survey form and to input anything they need to know when getting to my place, but at the end of the survey they said that the car will be at a different location (not my home, not the Tesla showroom but a supercharging spot)

Through the process, I've tried to get in touch with someone and talk but so far no luck. I don't have an SA since I did everything online. I'm just hoping I'll at least get a call today and the Delivery team clears things up.

Reactions: tstolze and Jejunjm
Picked it up today!!!! Total game changer. Feels very different from an ICE car. Panel gaps where good. Interior good. Just one little blemish in front of passenger side bumper. Not to noticeable. But marked it with the advisor.

Attachments

• 18A41E1D-CA3F-4A55-8B26-1AD68D5927E8.jpeg
    18A41E1D-CA3F-4A55-8B26-1AD68D5927E8.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 6BED28F2-D792-428F-A170-6FF150DC77FC.jpeg
    6BED28F2-D792-428F-A170-6FF150DC77FC.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 74
What V8 were you coming from? Camaro SS here, will miss the sound but getting even faster acceleration is great!
'08 Charger RT. I've had it for 12 years just because I liked it so much, but it was time for an upgrade. I wanted something that was faster than what I had, and still had four doors. I'd narrowed it down to either the Model 3 or a newer Charger. I'm happy with my choice. The only thing I've really found myself missing is somewhere to rest my right hand with no shifter. Haha.

'08 Charger RT. I've had it for 12 years just because I liked it so much, but it was time for an upgrade. I wanted something that was faster than what I had, and still had four doors. I'd narrowed it down to either the Model 3 or a newer Charger. I'm happy with my choice. The only thing I've really found myself missing is somewhere to rest my right hand with no shifter. Haha.
the way our rides accelerates, might be good that there arent anyting else to hold on to aside from the steering wheel ;) 🎤

Had my car delivered today!!! Guy came over, I looked it over, and I handed him my financing check. It's looking great. I had a few minutes to inspect it and the only issue is a crease on the passenger seat, but besides that everything looks really good. I took it for a drive and, man, I couldn't be more pleased!

My saga isn't over yet... now it's time to return my lease car and get charging installed and collect on all the rebates.

I now have an updated EDD. Order date 3/9/21. EDD 5/25-6-14. 😩
Mine is showing 5/26-6/15, same timeframe in the quarter as the car we rejected.

Now to get the $1000 price decrease back on our order. When they matched us to a car that didn't match our original order it changed our configuration, then when they changed the configuration back we lost the $1000 decrease. I sent an email once I noticed it with no reply, but figured I would give them a couple days after the end of the quarter to fix it.

I am looking to join this group soon. I am targeting to get one in July/August, as I am trying to take advantage of the $5k rebate that is coming back to NJ in July. If any federal credit is close at that point, I could probably stretch a bit longer if needed to save big. Any suggestions on when I should order? Is it better to get the order in now, and then just push back if needed? I am concerned pricing could keep creeping up if any federal programs gain traction.

I am looking to join this group soon. I am targeting to get one in July/August, as I am trying to take advantage of the $5k rebate that is coming back to NJ in July. If any federal credit is close at that point, I could probably stretch a bit longer if needed to save big. Any suggestions on when I should order? Is it better to get the order in now, and then just push back if needed? I am concerned pricing could keep creeping up if any federal programs gain traction.
Your delivery for the 3rd quarter would probably be late August/September.
I know they have made a habit of dropping the amount due if there is a price decrease and not raising it if they increase the price.
You can order now and let your Sales Advisor know you want your order put on hold until the 3rd quarter, but follow up when the 3rd quarter starts to make sure it is off hold.

DM sent in case you don't have a referral yet.

Reactions: Matt35
Your delivery for the 3rd quarter would probably be late August/September.
I know they have made a habit of dropping the amount due if there is a price decrease and not raising it if they increase the price.
You can order now and let your Sales Advisor know you want your order put on hold until the 3rd quarter, but follow up when the 3rd quarter starts to make sure it is off hold.

DM sent in case you don't have a referral yet.
Thanks for the input. It sounds like maybe I should just get the order in. If rebates come, prices might rise and I may be shielded. If Tesla is excluded from any rebate, perhaps prices might drop a bit which they may just drop my order to the lower price. And I guess worst case I would just be out the $100 if I needed to reorder later due to any qualification rules that may come up (NJ Program is not well defined yet).

Reactions: tstolze
Has anyone here dealt with putting your order on hold, and then taking it off?

Context: I was supposed to take delivery in Q1, but wanted to postpone due to some life stuff. Was originally supposed to take delivery last week, but I asked my SA to put a hold on the order.

Fast forward to today, and life stuff has changed again, and we're ready to take delivery whenever. I took the hold off my account, and it's showing a range of 5/12-6/1. Any thoughts if the SA can help push this up?