Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was on the fence but placed my order for M3 LR white on black interior when the interior soft refresh (wood trim on doors) was announced (4/10). Current estimate is May 31 - June 20. Can I tell the delivery center that I want to make 100% sure that my VIN has the interior soft refresh? I assume I would have to do that before I'm assigned a VIN.
You can do that even after assigned a VIN. Call the delivery team and ask when the car was made (its birthday lol) once you are assigned a VIN; *make sure it was built after 4/10. Worst case scenario, verify on delivery day and if it’s not there deny it and post pone a little more :) they can pause your order for three months from the day you were matched a VIN.

*I’m suppose to pick up my LR AWD this afternoon in Carlsbad, CA. I wanted to make sure that my car had the new door panels too; the dash wood trim extending to the door plus the amber taillights. Asked for those specifically and the representative at the delivery centre double checked and said since mine was made 4/10 I would get all the new features. But will let you know and confirm later!

Reactions: ayyitsjames
Mine is now 1-13 weeks now.

Rollercoaster of love say what
Rollercoaster yeah (oohh oohh oohh)
Oh baby you know what I'm talking about
Rollercoaster of love
Oh yeah it's rollercoaster time
Lovin' you is really wild
Oh it's just a love rollercoaster
Step right up and get your tickets
Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby
I want to ride yeah (awawaw)
Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby
I want to ride yeah (awawaw)

Picked up my Model 3 today (ordered 3/26). It was in excellent shape. I'm super happy. They fixed one paint issue where their was some rail dust on the hood....but nothing major. I feel lucky.

A guy picking up the exact same car (White/Black/18") as me at the same time had frunk alignment issues. He came over to look at mine to validate that his wasn't normal. When looking at the front of his car from 20 feet away you could see the left edge of the frunk lid higher than the trim.

I was also happy to find out that my 110V outlet in the garage can charge at 12A. With how old my house and garage are (~100 years), I was worried about the wiring. It's still not ideal but I only drive ~40 miles per day so I should get by, for now at least.

The only hitch was the Model 3 is longer and wider than my BMW 3-Series so it didn't fit well in the garage. The car was screaming at me the whole time I was backing in....it really did not want me to go any further. I got my jigsaw and did some impromptu remodeling in the garage so now it fits!

Picked up my Model 3 today (ordered 3/26). It was in excellent shape. I'm super happy. They fixed one paint issue where their was some rail dust on the hood....but nothing major. I feel lucky.

A guy picking up the exact same car (White/Black/18") as me at the same time had frunk alignment issues. He came over to look at mine to validate that his wasn't normal. When looking at the front of his car from 20 feet away you could see the left edge of the frunk lid higher than the trim.

I was also happy to find out that my 110V outlet in the garage can charge at 12A. With how old my house and garage are (~100 years), I was worried about the wiring. It's still not ideal but I only drive ~40 miles per day so I should get by, for now at least.

The only hitch was the Model 3 is longer and wider than my BMW 3-Series so it didn't fit well in the garage. The car was screaming at me the whole time I was backing in....it really did not want me to go any further. I got my jigsaw and did some impromptu remodeling in the garage so now it fits!
I enjoyed the jigsaw part. I have some deep 8ft wide DIY 2x4 shelves on the back wall of the garage that may need to get some jigsaw treatment as well so the car can pull in far enough comfortably.

Order date: 4/1 (AWD-LR, white/black, 18"), a cookie cutter model
Delivery window: 5/24 to 6/13.
I think it changed once since I placed the order, about a week ago, nothing since.
I reached out to my SA, she said she is checking with the operations people on a firm date, but I don't believe any of it. The SA's are just guessing.
I asked her to look out for me for an Inventory car, but they see the listings the same time that we do which are almost none right now.
This afternoon it changed from above to “9 to 13 weeks”.
Could this mean they are trying to really schedule/build my car for a more precise delivery date?

I enjoyed the jigsaw part. I have some deep 8ft wide DIY 2x4 shelves on the back wall of the garage that may need to get some jigsaw treatment as well so the car can pull in far enough comfortably.

I had a very similar situation. The prior owners put in a DIY workbench in the back corner of the garage. Long ago I slimmed it down so my BMW would fit. Today I finished the job so the Model 3 would fit. It wasn't a hard decision :)

Did your car have the wood panel on the doors?

wow dude congrats! ordered mine 3/28. not gettin till 5/26 - 6/15.
question, your old 110v outlet charges at 12amp? im very new at this , but which charger attachment are u using?

Reactions: J_Nixon
wow dude congrats! ordered mine 3/28. not gettin till 5/26 - 6/15.
question, your old 110v outlet charges at 12amp? im very new at this , but which charger attachment are u using?
Thanks. I was fully prepared for a late May, early June delivery so I was surprised when I got a VIN so fast. I was also happy the VIN was a high number (943xxx) so I had a reasonable hope it wasn’t a reject.

I used the standard Mobile Connector that comes with the car. I went from 80% to 90% charge in about 5 hours.

Ideally, I would have a better situation for charging, but I am dealing with 100 years of evolution of electrical wiring...three sub panels, cloth wiring in places, etc. I suppose a prior owner put in the garage door opener and needed 15A (Tesla will use 80%). I was worried it would light up at charging 8 amps or worse. Small victories.

Reactions: EVxdream
Hello fellow Tesla owners or soon-to-be owners. I am back again. Yes again because I took delivery of a Model 3 back on March 24th of this year (LR red on black, 18 inch wheels with no FSD). I actually took delivery 2 weeks after I made the original order. Time was on my side since that was when they were making them for the U.S. Aaaaaaaaaaaand I totaled it in 2 weeks. Yup.... Long story.

So instead of being patient... letting the insurance pay off the loan & letting the debt come off my credit (which will make it go back up). I couldnt wait and ordered another one and instead of getting another 2.49% with US bank. I got approved for a 4.89% from JPMorgan. Oh well... My stupidity but I dont care. I just want the damn car.

I did, however, decide to make some good from this. So I still got the LR with red exterior. But decided to go all out with the WHITE interior and 19" turbine wheels. I dont want any regrets this time. I know I wont get the car in 2 weeks this time but hopefully the wait isnt as bad since I already owned the same car (performance wise).

It says my dates are from May 22nd to June 11th. Do they even start making cars for North America in May? Also... Im really hoping my white interior doesnt come with the new setup on the door. I like the OLD door interior with more white on the door instead of that little strip they show now. Think the OLD version POPS more. Are cars being delivered with the NEW door interior yet?

Anyways.... I'm back in line with you all :)

Hello fellow Tesla owners or soon-to-be owners. I am back again. Yes again because I took delivery of a Model 3 back on March 24th of this year (LR red on black, 18 inch wheels with no FSD). I actually took delivery 2 weeks after I made the original order. Time was on my side since that was when they were making them for the U.S. Aaaaaaaaaaaand I totaled it in 2 weeks. Yup.... Long story.

So instead of being patient... letting the insurance pay off the loan & letting the debt come off my credit (which will make it go back up). I couldnt wait and ordered another one and instead of getting another 2.49% with US bank. I got approved for a 4.89% from JPMorgan. Oh well... My stupidity but I dont care. I just want the damn car.

I did, however, decide to make some good from this. So I still got the LR with red exterior. But decided to go all out with the WHITE interior and 19" turbine wheels. I dont want any regrets this time. I know I wont get the car in 2 weeks this time but hopefully the wait isnt as bad since I already owned the same car (performance wise).

It says my dates are from May 22nd to June 11th. Do they even start making cars for North America in May? Also... Im really hoping my white interior doesnt come with the new setup on the door. I like the OLD door interior with more white on the door instead of that little strip they show now. Think the OLD version POPS more. Are cars being delivered with the NEW door interior yet?

Sorry to hear about totaling it, but seems like you have the right attitude! You can always refinance at a later date.

Your car will have the soft-refreshed interior with the new white strip on the door, as it was announced on 04/10 and all cars produced after that will likely have it. As far as my research goes, Tesla does start producing cars for the North American market in May and most deliveries happen at the end of the quarter. I won't make any guesses on when you will take delivery of yours, but having ben through it once, I'm sure you know all the variables: location, design, financing, etc.. Good luck!

Any injuries in the crash? How did the M3 perform in the crash?

Any injuries in the crash? How did the M3 perform in the crash?
No injuries what so ever. I actually never hit anyone. Someone in front of me went from 60-0 9with nothing in front of him) while I was taking an exit. I swerved and clipped the curb. Hard to tell exactly what happened, it all went so fast. Ill attach a picture. But the inside held up almost perfectly. The driver side window airbag protected me very well. Walked away without a single scratch, bruise, or soreness. Perhaps that night my lower back was a little sore but only about a 2 out of 10. My heart hurt worse than anything. Still don't know how the back end of my car got all smashed when I only clipped a curb, took out a very small sign, and smashed around in the rocks a bit. I actually traveled quite far from the site of impact to when I stopped. Not sure how it all happened. I just know the impact was rough as I bounced around in the car for a while.

Because I didnt hit anyone it easily could of been pinned as my fault but luckily thee was many witnesses that saw how he went from 60 to 0 out of no where. Hell I was like 4 car lengths behind him and still barely missed him. Oh well. I look at it this way... I am only out my 5k down payment of my first one and will have to pay about $50 more a month (due to a higher APR this go around) but my car will look better with the white interior and 19 inch turbine wheels this time.

Attachments

• 20210408_063342.jpg
    20210408_063342.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 74

Sorry to hear... I'm still hear waiting on my Black/White from Q1 after rejecting the first attempt and then having them match me to a car with black interior instead of white and rejecting it.
I agree, the old door panels look better for the white interior, not a deal breaker, but fingers crossed I get the old panels

I’m not an expert on this by any means, but I’ve heard that production in the U.S. goes east to west. And in the last couple days I’ve seen VIN numbers and scheduled delivery dates popping up on the tracking spreadsheet for people in NC and FL for the end of April... I’m in WA so hopeful, but also not holding my breath.

Order date: 4/6 (AWD-LR, white/black, 18")
Delivery window: 5/20 to 6/9.

I was initially waiting on the Model S refresh, but I test drove the Model 3 and an older Model S. I loved the 3 and I was stunned to see that an infant car seat fit behind my wife with no issue. The used car market is helping out too. I sold my 2 year old X3 to Vroom for $4k less than what I paid for it. I can't wait to get the 3.