Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attaching a text that was posted in another thread someone received this Tuesday (18th), came from an SA so grab the salt but might seem to confirm some previous suggestions.
Funny thing, I got a call from Telsa a few days ago asking for Andrew!! I told them that was not me, but that I do have a Tesla ordered. He seemed very confused. And then a few minutes later I got a text from him still addressed to Andrew.....weird

Just contacted my SA (tried to- he was on the phone) and another SA jumped in and I just wanted to pick his brain on whats going on.

- He said that fremont thing is definitely the real deal. But according to what he was looking at, most will get at the 'Factory Gate' by June 15-16 (meaning delivery will follow 2-3 days after that). He did also say that it can be sooner.
- For sh!ts and giggles, i asked him about existing inventory. he came back with 2 but super far from me. But one stood out to me, 100 miles away from me is a white M3 LR w/ black interior and 18" wheels, with a manufactured date of 3/29. It had $700 worth of paint damage (someone dinged it) and it was fixed on 4/22. He said there was a discount of 2k on it. Long story short, he matched me with it, and im supposed to take delivery this weekend lol.
- My original order was on 5/3 M3 LR Blue w/ Black interior and 19" wheels. I'm also fond of white so it wasn't a big deal, and wheels i can upgrade anytime.

I'm located in Los Angeles btw
Just an update on this

- Scheduled delivery for me on this Saturday. They're actually delivering to my house. I called and asked about just picking it up, and they said since i live within 25 miles from a delivery center, they don't offer pick up (something along the lines of they have a ton of cars going in and out)
- I asked about how they're going to deliver (flat bed etc), and they said someone will drive my new car to my house lol. Also i have a trade in, that person will drive my trade back to the center. Thought weird, but okay lol

First time buyer here, I'll share my experience in the coming days.

Just an update on this

- Scheduled delivery for me on this Saturday. They're actually delivering to my house. I called and asked about just picking it up, and they said since i live within 25 miles from a delivery center, they don't offer pick up (something along the lines of they have a ton of cars going in and out)
- I asked about how they're going to deliver (flat bed etc), and they said someone will drive my new car to my house lol. Also i have a trade in, that person will drive my trade back to the center. Thought weird, but okay lol

First time buyer here, I'll share my experience in the coming days.
That's awesome! I would be a little indifferent someone driving my car to my house depending on your roads but just happy to hear you're getting your car soon.

For everyone new here, just remember that your location SA probably has a better idea of what's going on.

Turns out the whole "ignore the website, you're probably getting yours in June due to deliveries during the quarter" thing my SA said a few weeks back is looking to be accurate