Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date was June 6 to 20 when I first ordered on April 12th. It has changed to as early as May 10th which did not happen. Its now sitting at May 31st.

I wonder if there is some kind of buyer psychology at work here by Tesla. You would think if they can build cars this advanced, they would have a system to know when you are going to be receiving it. It makes arranging financing and trade-in a legitimate challenge for the buyer.
They do not have a marketing team so I suspect that no there isn't. Probably more an old feature improvement forever stuck in the backlog first couple rows.

Also since they are more or less build to order, the process is really unpredictable. I don't think it's feasible at that scale to have an accurate way to predict the delivery time at all.

My SA just reached out to ask me about finalizing financing. Could be routine but I'm choosing to believe it's a sign that things are starting to move.

I also saw that Tesla just updated the Model 3 configuration page to imply that they've made the production switch to removing radar.

That's left me wondering if the hold on all these vehicles was related to finalizing the software bits for that before delivery. Maybe?

My SA just reached out to ask me about finalizing financing. Could be routine but I'm choosing to believe it's a sign that things are starting to move.

I also saw that Tesla just updated the Model 3 configuration page to imply that they've made the production switch to removing radar.

That's left me wondering if the hold on all these vehicles was related to finalizing the software bits for that before delivery. Maybe?
I pulled into the parking lot of the Raleigh center an hour or two ago . There were a lot of cars ! Even on the curb !!! It was a mix of 3s and Ys and some S . I saw a blue model 3 sitting up front I just pray I get a phone call soon 😂😂

Reactions: id436eg9045

When did you order? I ordered 4/11 and am picking up in Raleigh as well. I already did my financing stuff but I did text my SA and have not heard anything.

Can we see the text @Jackstraw75
Hi this is the Tesla Delivery team! We are waiting for some updates on your vehicle but there is a good chance it will arrive this week. We wanted to check on your availability - if you are unable to get your vehicle this week, please let us know here by responding here "Cannot take vehicle". Otherwise we will reach out once we have confirmation that a VIN is on your account and you are set.

My delivery window has disappeared completely. Does this mean anything?
Nothing. It means nothing. There is no reason or rhyme to the shroud of delivery estimates. Sometimes they are there, sometimes they're not. Sometimes your car will be replaced with a blue 2018 model 3, and sometimes they'll try to give your car to someone named Andrew. Sometimes in the morning it says you'll get your car this week, then in the evening it's 9-13 weeks from order date; then the next day it'll be just one day later than yesterday's first estimate. The delivery estimates slide left and right with no regard to any theorized logic or rational theory. They have been erratic, unpredictable, inconsistent, utterly undependable, and at many times infuriating.

All we can do is take deep breaths, accept the infiniteness of the universe and allow for chaos to exist and to embrace it.
This has been a place of great solitude and reflection for knowing that my plight of patience is shared with the brave men and women on this forum.

You'll get an email/text when you get your VIN, nothing is real until you get one. It'll happen when it happens.