Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get into my account but it does not have anything in it that is accurate. No delivery date or window and I cannot even see all of the delivery tasks that I have completed. I have done everything through payment/financing. Just need to do the insurance once I have the VIN. Maybe if I stop checking the VIN and a delivery date will appear. 🤣

Yep, if you look at the tracking spreadsheet which shows VINs delivered per week it appears like they happen in waves with about 8 weeks between waves. We are just now approaching the next wave. I am assuming we will see a lot of deliveries ramping up the month of June with the peak the last two weeks of June. I guess it all depends on the firmware delay.

View attachment 665748
Thanks for putting that together! Great visual! I think the early/mid feb spike are the EU deliveries. This quarter they seemed to have matched with dates around May 15th. Since Q2 is usually the biggest quarter of the year I expect deliveries might shift a bit late due to higher demand.

My account is at the "Prepare for Delivery" phase for some reason and all my other info for financing and trade in is gone for some reason. The date is still listed as June 06 - June 26 though. I'm sure it's just glitching but still, interesting.

Anyway, I had to reenter my trade in info after my 30 days expired about 2 weeks ago. I just got a notification that it had expired and to update it. All I had to do was update the odometer information and submit. Did not need to retake pictures or anything like that.

Reactions: bman325i
My account is at the "Prepare for Delivery" phase for some reason and all my other info for financing and trade in is gone for some reason. The date is still listed as June 06 - June 26 though. I'm sure it's just glitching but still, interesting.

Anyway, I had to reenter my trade in info after my 30 days expired about 2 weeks ago. I just got a notification that it had expired and to update it. All I had to do was update the odometer information and submit. Did not need to retake pictures or anything like that.
Good to know! Thanks

Edit: didn't realize so many posts have been written about this. lol. Was looking at an older page.

So today apparently the mention of "Radar" has been completely removed from the page for the Model 3 specs on the website. It is not known for sure if the new cars will be without any radar unit but if the website is to be believed, it could be. Do you guys think the firmware they are waiting for has something to do with this? Or could be a completely different thing?

I read that somewhere too that they were switching to camera use instead of radar for cruse control ... well I am sure we will see in our accounts if we can ever get in sigh
Awww it’s ok. We will be with Tesla’s soon enough. I feel like a little kid, knowing that we’d be going to an amusement park and too excited to sleep and always counting down the days. Ugh. The wait is killing me inside. I just want my Tesla! Lol

No Radar? I drive east in the mornings with the sun directly in my face and home with the sun directly in my face. The Colorado sun (well you know what I mean) at 6500-7250 AGL is simply brutal. My daughter's Subaru with Eye-sight cuts out frequently because of the sun but my wife's Accord, with radar, works like a charm. No radar, yikes.... I was also driving the Accord once in heavy morning fog and the radar (on cruise control) picked up a crash in the lane in front of me (put the brakes on and began to slow) before I even had any visual of the crash. No camera could have done that.

I remember a tweet from Elon on 5/12 that made me wonder if radar was going to be removed soon. I actually asked my TA, just because I was curious if he knew anything and whether or not what they are shipping now still has it. He responded quickly with "Your Model 3 will come with the most current FSD/AP hardware at the time of the vehicle delivery." He also said he'd wasn't aware of any changes and that he'd do a little research. No matter to me, honestly. I'll love my M3 regardless. And I love my TA too!! John, you're the best! (in case he is watching this tread).

Reactions: travis3000
I know exactly what all of you mean... This is my first tesla and I want it to be in my driveway now... been waiting almost 6 weeks lol

seriously though it reminds me of when my dad bought his first prius and the wait was over 6 months. they sent you a key chain when it was being built.

I love my current car so I can wait as long as they want.. but the excitement of not having to use gas and being able to blow away mustangs is making me crazy. LOL but i degress