Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been sources saying that this is what our model are waiting for, the software update for this new vision hardware that is. Not sure how credible they are so can’t say for a fact. Which would make sense. Also if you go to the model y/3 page on Tesla’s website it has been updated with this new info.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Evidence might be circumstantial, but everything seems to line up with this theory (including Elon's tweet about the pure vision system, from 5/12).

I swear that their back-end is running on a raspberry pi.. No way people refreshing it should cause it to become non-responsive. They should really just outsource that part of it and concentrate on making cars/batteries as this appears to be an ongoing issue with them..
My husband and I were talking about this yesterday and I agree… they should be on scalable cloud infrastructure and able to ramp up quickly, but I also think the traffic adds up more than you might think… if there are roughly 250,000 people currently waiting on cars, and only a quarter of those check obsessively, but half of those have more than one person checking… that’s easily 1.5M hits a day

Reactions: jvoisin
Placed my order for a LR AWD on 5/18, my first Tesla

Said 4-11 weeks, but realistically expecting 10-12 weeks.

Two questions...

1. Is the Tesla account website always "this" slow? I thought this was a tech company haha

2. It appears to have defaulted to "paid in full", even though I planned on going through Tesla for outside financing. I wonder if I should wait to tell an agent until closer to the known delivery timetable.

Two questions...

1. Is the Tesla account website always "this" slow? I thought this was a tech company haha

2. It appears to have defaulted to "paid in full", even though I planned on going through Tesla for outside financing. I wonder if I should wait to tell an agent until closer to the known delivery timetable.
1) usually 30 seconds to load your order.. but not down ah the time. This is the second time though since I ordered mine on the 16th.

2) I was asked by my SA within two days how I planned to pay for it. I told him I had my own financing but an paying half though an ACH deposit. So he updated it to reflect that and it shows half due and half paid (due to expecting financing).

Two questions...

It’s never a number of weeks. If there are leftovers in your config after the bulk Q2 deliveries, you may get it earlt july (unlikely) otherwise your will wait the Q3 batch coming in september (Q3 delivery month)

For the financing, set to cash for now and ask your SA around end of august to get loan setup.

My husband and I were talking about this yesterday and I agree… they should be on scalable cloud infrastructure and able to ramp up quickly, but I also think the traffic adds up more than you might think… if there are roughly 250,000 people currently waiting on cars, and only a quarter of those check obsessively, but half of those have more than one person checking… that’s easily 1.5M hits a day
Yeah... I know how the traffic adds up (Sr. Network Engineer for a cloud provider).. If that is all it's doing, they should be able to handle 1.5M hits an hour even with a small mid/back end. but if they have messed something up and instead of doing indexed lookups are doing table scans/sequential reads.. then that would also explain why it is so slow even when things are working 'normal'. I suspect that they are struggling with an application that may be failing. or there is some form of inconsistency between nodes in the cluster.. or they just know know what they are doing.. lol.. I mean if they can't scale out (add more hosts) they should be able to at least scale up (add more cpu/memory resources).. bandwidth wise, there is not much going on with a lookup.. while it's waiting there is no data passing back and forth to the endpoint.... so not sure.. but ya.. something is broken.. hopefully they are working on fixing it.. am sure these systems are lower priority and is why it's taking so long.. will see.. am sure once we have our cars we will hardly ever look at our account screen again.... :D

Yeah... I know how the traffic adds up (Sr. Network Engineer for a cloud provider).. If that is all it's doing, they should be able to handle 1.5M hits an hour even with a small mid/back end. but if they have messed something up and instead of doing indexed lookups are doing table scans/sequential reads.. then that would also explain why it is so slow even when things are working 'normal'. I suspect that they are struggling with an application that may be failing. or there is some form of inconsistency between nodes in the cluster.. or they just know know what they are doing.. lol.. I mean if they can't scale out (add more hosts) they should be able to at least scale up (add more cpu/memory resources).. bandwidth wise, there is not much going on with a lookup.. while it's waiting there is no data passing back and forth to the endpoint.... so not sure.. but ya.. something is broken.. hopefully they are working on fixing it.. am sure these systems are lower priority and is why it's taking so long.. will see.. am sure once we have our cars we will hardly ever look at our account screen again.... :D
IT Director of a Healthcare Nonprofit here ;) And former Azure Engineer...

I agree... There are a number of configuration issues on the backend that could be contributing, or simply not performing any real time analysis and smart scaling. I can say that I'm pretty confident that that is not all it is doing though, because every time our customer facing side goes down it seems that internal facing side goes down as well. Regardless a little bit of monitoring and automated scaling would seem to solve a lot of the issue.

However, as you said this system is clearly not a priority for Tesla, and once I have my car, I will never give it another thought lol.

I don't get it, a few days ago I had a delivery window of anywhere between june 10th and june 30th, after completely every last detail on my account my delivery window vanished. It doesn't even say "Estimated Delivery -" And it seems like the SA are nearly useless for getting answers on anything regarding deliveries.

IT Director of a Healthcare Nonprofit here ;) And former Azure Engineer...

I agree... There are a number of configuration issues on the backend that could be contributing, or simply not performing any real time analysis and smart scaling. I can say that I'm pretty confident that that is not all it is doing though, because every time our customer facing side goes down it seems that internal facing side goes down as well. Regardless a little bit of monitoring and automated scaling would seem to solve a lot of the issue.

However, as you said this system is clearly not a priority for Tesla, and once I have my car, I will never give it another thought lol.
This is most likely why it will never be fixed. I am guessing they are uploading tons of mvpas

Reactions: sonrantos
Model 3 LR AWD in Red, 18", no FSD ordered on 5/13 to be delivered to Decatur in Atlanta GA. Has shown 5-11 weeks since ordering with no update since. Curious to see anyone else with orders in the Atlanta area this quarter
Hi Crims- I'm also in Atlanta, awaiting delivery to Decatur soon. Ordered a similar car to yours but a month earlier than you did. M3 LR, Red with white cream filling, 18in, no FSD. Ordered 4/20.

My delivery date has jumped forward and backward for months, start dates as early as May 23 and as late as June 13th.
Last I saw before the site went down was a generic "7 to 11 weeks after ordering".

So, I got nothing, but will update you if that changes, fingers crossed that the site being down means VINS for everyone party tomorrow!

I don't get it, a few days ago I had a delivery window of anywhere between june 10th and june 30th, after completely every last detail on my account my delivery window vanished. It doesn't even say "Estimated Delivery -" And it seems like the SA are nearly useless for getting answers on anything regarding deliveries.
If you ordered early enough in the quarter, worst case you’ll get it june 30th. I think the SAs don’t know either. They can’t know until the car reaches their SC. Once it gets there I believe they can give more accurate estimates.

I know it’s nice to see a delivery window but it’s honestly the most useless part of the order process and makes it a bad experience. Hopefully depending on where you are we all get our order first week of June or second.