Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, new here, question, where in the online account does it show the delivery range weeks or EDD or assigned VIN. I don’t even see a week range anywhere
Hey here is my experience. I placed my order on 5/25. It initially showed 3-13 weeks before the order on the configurator and also on my reservation details page. I went through all the profile stuff and submitted insurance, it was still there. As of last night (5/27), the 3-13 weeks had totally disappeared. No mention of timeline at all. From the experience of others this seems to happen periodically, when it reappears it might be different, or be converted to dates (like June XX-YY). The 3-13 weeks is supposedly from original order date. If I go to place a new order (M3, LR) now it says 3-11 weeks. So hopefully it's getting closer as we go...

Unlike most folks on here, I don't want my recently ordered M3 SR+ to be ready too early; I cannot take delivery prior to 1st July2021. I am currently holding off on completing the info on how I will pay for the vehicle to try and make sure of this. I understand that if I am unable to take delivery within 3 days of the vehicle being ready, my order will be cancelled! Surely not? I would appreciate any additional advice on how to make sure I am not expected to take delivery before the end of June, especially as that is the end of the quarter and they will want to move all their inventory by then.

after you do enough posts to become a member, you'll be able to create a signature and put you info in there. And Welcome. I'm pretty new too.
Ah - I was wondering why I didn't see the option to add one. I thought that was a really cool idea and was all over the preferences earlier trying to find how to add my info. Lots of tips/tricks learned while in the waiting room. :)

Unlike most folks on here, I don't want my recently ordered M3 SR+ to be ready too early; I cannot take delivery prior to 1st July2021. I am currently holding off on completing the info on how I will pay for the vehicle to try and make sure of this. I understand that if I am unable to take delivery within 3 days of the vehicle being ready, my order will be cancelled! Surely not? I would appreciate any additional advice on how to make sure I am not expected to take delivery before the end of June, especially as that is the end of the quarter and they will want to move all their inventory by then.
I have no experience with this but from reading the order agreement if you don't take delivery in 3 days you just lose your assigned vehicle. If you wait 3 months, your order is cancelled. Here's the relevant bit:

You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within three (3) months of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee

For insurance…spoke to my agent who told me things sometime go wrong and they could flake, so add car to your policy or get a policy when you’re about to go pick it up. VA is a state that you just need to show Tesla proof of car insurance. My agent said that they will add it to my policy as soon as I take ownership since they are delivering it to me. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I got a quote for adding it to my current policy; would I just apply when I'm getting ready to pick up?

Got VIN first thing this morning but no estimated delivery still. All forms of communication with Tesla are black holes…

Any one else in the same situation?
I'm right there with you. Got my VIN, along with a delivery date of May 28 - June 1, this morning. Called the location, and they said they're swamped this weekend and likely won't be making my car available until next week. To be sure, I gave them no personal information when I called—none of it inspires confidence. Brings down the VINcitement a little, even if the purely rational part of me appreciates that this is faster than I was expecting (the car's 8 miles away, I mean...).

My previous 2018 LR RWD 3 with EAP was totaled in an accident May 1, so I ordered a 2021 LR 3 with FSD on May 10. Went from 5-13 weeks to June 11-24 now and even got a secret VIN peeking into the page source. The VIN's seem to have rolled over as mine is an 006xxx. Hopefully the new 3 will not be a downgrade from my old 3 which had Radar

Reactions: Crecin91
If you view page source and search 5yj if it returns anything that number is your vin number. Not much more you can do with it if you see it but if it's there it should be officially assigned soon.
It is possible to get a hit that is not a VIN, but it's very unlikely. The page source includes a lot of things, some of which are random tokens generated for that specific session.

Reactions: savicbo
I'm right there with you. Got my VIN, along with a delivery date of May 28 - June 1, this morning. Called the location, and they said they're swamped this weekend and likely won't be making my car available until next week. To be sure, I gave them no personal information when I called—none of it inspires confidence. Brings down the VINcitement a little, even if the purely rational part of me appreciates that this is faster than I was expecting (the car's 8 miles away, I mean...).
Main issue for me is that I lost an assigned car over Easter weekend. Don’t want to go through that again… At least you’ve heard something. I got nothing.

Idk how it works at this point. It’s not first come first serve since you’re a March order. I don’t really understand the way they ship out orders. Besides the Ys being delivered first. Wish I would have gone with a Y at this point 😂 I was debating but the 3 just drove a bit better IMO
At least here in Eastern Canada, the cars come in batches:

First are Model 3 SR+ and Model Y LR. Deliveries started this week and are in full swing for those models.

Second are the Model 3 LR. Some VINs are being assigned, and it looks like deliveries will start in a week or two.

Last are the Performance models (Y and 3). Those are not even built yet, and deliveries will start in the last 10-14 days of June. There are so few of these that they can move them through quickly.

Your order date determines how quickly you get the car from within your batch, not overall in the quarter. So people ordering SR+ in late April (or even early May) are already getting their cars, despite my late March ordered Model 3 Performance not even being built yet. The only advantage to ordering really early is to ensure you don't get bumped to the next quarter if there aren't enough cars built to meet all orders.

Barring some catastrophe in Fremont, I'm pretty confident that all of us with orders from March will get our cars be the end of June. When you get it depends mostly on what you ordered.

My previous 2018 LR RWD 3 with EAP was totaled in an accident May 1, so I ordered a 2021 LR 3 with FSD on May 10. Went from 5-13 weeks to June 11-24 now and even got a secret VIN peeking into the page source. The VIN's seem to have rolled over as mine is an 006xxx. Hopefully the new 3 will not be a downgrade from my old 3 which had Radar

Nice you got a VIN already through the source code! I guess the California VINs don’t get created as fast since they deliver so fast. Hope we get VINs this week coming up.

Reactions: kerbyOT7
Stupid question- lots of people refer to their SA (Service Advisor)- are these people you hooked up with in the Tesla store? Since I ordered online, I don't have one. Thanks..
Still waiting for any real info on a legit timeframe. Ordered 4/11 with an initial 8-12 week timeframe estimate. Account webpage now says 7-10 weeks (hopefully from the order and not from today) after a bazillion changes. It's a rollercoaster of emotions for sure.

Wow, you ordered 5/10 and already got a VIN?

• Disagree
Reactions: deltwalrus