Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Main issue for me is that I lost an assigned car over Easter weekend. Don’t want to go through that again… At least you’ve heard something. I got nothing.
If it makes it feel any better, I haven't heard anything specific—just what I have on the Tesla page. As far as the person with whom I spoke knows, I could be anybody (all I said was that I received a VIN with a delivery range). "Ohh Ok YoU'lL bE gEtTiNg Ur CaR lIkE nExT wEeK."

Its not official but maybe since I'm in Canada they have a VIN lined up in advance of production.
I would think probably not from a manufacturing standpoint, it's a lot easier to just produce cars and whatever vin it happens to be in the number sequence is what it is and then assign that car's VIN to a customer after the fact based on matching specifications than to have a VIN already assigned and have to make sure that that particular car with that particular VIN is built to certain specifications.

Connecticut doesn't allow auto manufacturers to sell cars directly. They want to protect dealers. I did a test drive of the M3LR at the only service center in CT and then had to go home to order the car online. I also need to take delivery in NY about 1.5 hrs away.
1.5 isn’t all that bad! I’m in Wisconsin which is a state with the same law. I have a 3.5 hour drive to get mine!

Yes i'm in the same boat. They keep telling me to wait for a text.. no text, no email. just a vin on my account.
I called my pickup location this morning and spoke to someone not even my assigned SA. The gentlemen said my car was on the way to the store and it would be there maybe Monday morning and I could potentially do a Monday afternoon delivery appointment if it gets there later, then definitely Tuesday morning.

If it helps: Checked early this AM like 430am. VIN was below order # in my account. Tesla emailed me at midnight for rest of payment. I ACH-ed the rest of payment this AM around 7am. Got a text at 1pm to schedule delivery to my home (I guess it has to do with my distance from the SC, but I don’t actually know why). Scheduled the delivery for early next week because I’m out of town this weekend.
EDIT:The delivery schedule is listed below the VIN.

For reference. Ordered White M3LR, black interior, no FSD, 18” wheels. EDD was between 6/12-30/2021 on an order that was placed on 4/13.
Also forgot to mention, I’m having it delivered on June 2. Which is outside of the 3 day delivery time period (in theory). But in the calendar section, I was allowed to choose it. June 3 and beyond we’re not options. Estimated Delivery dates were today thru May 31.

Reactions: Kenz3
Please also check the battery size. Thanks!
Just got home with it. yes....Refresh me, how do you check for the battery size? I will post more pictures, but I’m exhausted. Traffic was horrendous! Car was flawless other than slight misalignment on frunk.
Will post more pics tomorrow when I wash her up.

Attachments

• DCA29630-7092-4D5F-AB0D-BB9B8E826874.jpeg
    DCA29630-7092-4D5F-AB0D-BB9B8E826874.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 99
Ordered 4/17
Had delivery windows starting May 28-30, but sometimes it was as early as May 23. Recently it was showing June 9-26; 10-26; 11-26, and so on, updating every day. Now I'm back to "7-10 weeks" with no signs of any improvement. Frustrating that they cannot seem to nail down a better timeframe.

Just called Buena Park, Ca and Torrance, Ca Tesla stores and both said that latest mine will arrive, probably by end of June. Same thing that they have been saying everyday that I call. Yes, everyday! The anxiety with excitement. I just want my car! They said that im on priority list if one comes up if someone decides not to accept their order. They did say that some cars are coming in sooner than expected. Ugh, long weekend this weekend. I hope they're open on Monday because I have heard that some people are getting deliveries even on Monday, Holiday!

Ordered 4/17
Had delivery windows starting May 28-30, but sometimes it was as early as May 23. Recently it was showing June 9-26; 10-26; 11-26, and so on, updating every day. Now I'm back to "7-10 weeks" with no signs of any improvement. Frustrating that they cannot seem to nail down a better timeframe.
I ordered 4/11 and this sounds the same as what I've seen.

Reactions: Jaredspink
Just called Buena Park, Ca and Torrance, Ca Tesla stores and both said that latest mine will arrive, probably by end of June. Same thing that they have been saying everyday that I call. Yes, everyday! The anxiety with excitement. I just want my car! They said that im on priority list if one comes up if someone decides not to accept their order. They did say that some cars are coming in sooner than expected. Ugh, long weekend this weekend. I hope they're open on Monday because I have heard that some people are getting deliveries even on Monday, Holiday!
I ordered May 22, my AS told me it gonna take some time. So the best way for me is like try to forget about my car for a month 😂

What does your Tesla account page list your estimated delivery to be? I'm as excited as you, I'm sure, but they still have people that ordered in March/April to get cars to also! Deep breaths for all of us!