Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Complaining about people “complaining” is still complaining
When I order door dash or post mates and they told me 30-45 minutes but they don’t arrive until an hour or more I get annoyed and complain. We are buying a 50k or more car here. We just need transparency and also not get estimates that change daily.
in this scenario they give your food to other people who ordered way later and tell you to gfy

Btw I’m an impulsive buyer. Soon as my date got closer I got the wall charger connected. I’m team Tesla all the way baby! 🤣 but still having a bad buying experience. Sure once I have the car I’ll be a happy camper. As of right now screw the whole delivery process since those “custom” cars are actually going to orders made after mine. Congrats to those people by the way they actually had a great buying experience.

Reactions: EVxdream
Btw I’m an impulsive buyer. Soon as my date got closer I got the wall charger connected. I’m team Tesla all the way baby! 🤣 but still having a bad buying experience. Sure once I have the car I’ll be a happy camper. As of right now screw the whole delivery process since those “custom” cars are actually going to orders made after mine. Congrats to those people by the way they actually had a great buying experience.
This!

Reactions: WhereismyM3
i agree with everyones post. whether it be good and bad.

for me, heres the good: I got my car now. my wait is done. the car is immaculate. my SA was amazing and even ran my insurance for me with my insurer etc. she also reached out to my financing advisor in an attempt to answer my questions and correct suggested APR.
in addition, the buying process was easy. like others have mentioned, no haggling. no sales pressure. its all YOU under your own perfect moment to purchase.

the bad: well, the estimated date of delivery fluctuates more than a roller coaster. its more like a moody/bipolar partner. u never know if it'll move left? or right.
but one thing i learnt is that not to trust the delivery date estimate. My SA said so herself.
there were things she couldnt disclose to me before, but all she said was to trust her that it will be SOON. and sure enough, within a couple of days, i saw myself booking for a pick up appointment.

the experience we all are having of waiting is roughly the same. we are all very eager to get the car.
its like ordering from amazon, the moment u paid, u want it!.

one thing is for certain, u WILL inevitably get your car. theres no doubt about it.
so enjoy the wait if u can. it truly is worth your time waiting for your m3. you would be very glad u waited and not cancelled. :)

Custom car? You have a choice between 5 colors. White or Black interior and 2 sets of tires. These are mass produced
def nothing custom about it. You're picking 1-5 things and they are matching what you requested with a car they built randomly. My wifes jeep had built especially for "her name" on the window sticker, and we picked like 30 options over the base build. It took 5 weeks and we got it way early in March.

Reactions: FDNYC and Crecin91
def nothing custom about it. You're picking 1-5 things and they are matching what you requested with a car they built randomly. My wifes jeep had built especially for "her name" on the window sticker, and we picked like 30 options over the base build. It took 5 weeks and we got it way early in March.

Then on the other side, you can order a Mustang Mach-E right now and they are quoting over 24 weeks for delivery

Then on the other side, you can order a Mustang Mach-E right now and they are quoting over 24 weeks for delivery
imagine ordering an electric vehicle that cannot, as of this moment (OR maybe ever), take advantage of the level 2-3 and soon to be v4 super chargers around the country while driving long distances? 😅

EDIT: BUT BUT! an ev is an ev! saving the earth one ev at a time.

Still shocked at the amount of people crying about the buying process. This process is one of the beat there is. Like buying a pair of shoes online rather than haggling with a dealership. You wait 1-3 months for a car you custom order online. You thought it would be different? And sure lack of communication. Well I'd rather them put their attention towards the quality of the product then answering every quirky question from someone. If your car hasn't been built yet you want them to look through the thousand pages to see where you are in the que? Just do something with your time and enjoy the fact that you're getting an amazing car.

For those saying you won't order a tesla again? Good. One less on the road to compete with. Makes mine all that more special :p

I think everyone is just a bit frustrated, being the last in line is never fun especially when someone who cut the line is rewarded with an earlier delivery. I understand the frustration. Tesla certainly has a few kinks to work out in the system, everyone should at least admit that. The process can be exciting but also annoying. Personally I am happy overall but I still have a few points where improvements can be made. The estimated delivery algorithm is pure nonsense and should be ignored IMO. My date went from June 11th to 30th to 7-10 weeks to VIN # assigned within 4 days. So nobody should be taking that seriously at all.

With that said, its now June 2nd. Everyone who hasn't been assigned a VIN yet will be getting theirs very soon in the next week or two. Just sit tight. Im sure it will be worth it.

Still shocked at the amount of people crying about the buying process. This process is one of the beat there is. Like buying a pair of shoes online rather than haggling with a dealership. You wait 1-3 months for a car you custom order online. You thought it would be different? And sure lack of communication. Well I'd rather them put their attention towards the quality of the product then answering every quirky question from someone. If your car hasn't been built yet you want them to look through the thousand pages to see where you are in the que? Just do something with your time and enjoy the fact that you're getting an amazing car.

For those saying you won't order a tesla again? Good. One less on the road to compete with. Makes mine all that more special :p
From the guy who had a 2 week and 1.5 month wait for your cars. I've been waiting for over 2 months, was originally told to expect it by end of April and nobody can give me even a rough estimate of when to expect it now, that's a terrible buying experience and not something you would expect from the competition (BMW/Audi/Mercedes), that's something I'd expect from Chrysler. It's not the wait that's the issue, it's the lack of transparency

Combined with people who ordered well after me with the same config and ordering to the same SC getting their cars delivered while they can't even bother to give me an answer as to why or an estimate if I should expect mine by the end of the quarter or not.

You'd "rather them put their attention to towards the quality of the product"... Tesla isn't exactly renowned for their high build quality, that's another area where people are willing to settle for the tech, not really something I'd be pointing towards as an excuse for poor customer service.

imagine ordering an electric vehicle that cannot, as of this moment (OR maybe ever), take advantage of the level 2-3 and soon to be v4 super chargers around the country while driving long distances? 😅

EDIT: BUT BUT! an ev is an ev! saving the earth one ev at a time.

Well not Tesla superchargers, but they can use Electrify America, eVGO, Chargepoint, etc.. DC Fast chargers. Not right now but I'm sure in a few years time those networks will be more prevalent than Tesla Superchargers.

Tesla is just one brand, the others will be Ford, Audi, BMW, VW, Kia, Hyundai, etc..

Well not Tesla superchargers, but they can use Electrify America, eVGO, Chargepoint, etc.. DC Fast chargers. Not right now but I'm sure in a few years time those networks will be more prevalent than Tesla Superchargers.

Tesla is just one brand, the others will be Ford, Audi, BMW, VW, Kia, Hyundai, etc..
With so many brands now committed to transforming their lineup exclusively or at least primarily to EV's within the next 10 years or so there is going to be a lot of infrastructure built soon for generic chargers

right, everyone is enroute to get enboard with the ev revolution. i get that.
im just fanboying tesla. apologies if u didnt catch it lol.

Reactions: Crecin91
From the guy who had a 2 week and 1.5 month wait for your cars. I've been waiting for over 2 months, was originally told to expect it by end of April and nobody can give me even a rough estimate of when to expect it now, that's a terrible buying experience and not something you would expect from the competition (BMW/Audi/Mercedes), that's something I'd expect from Chrysler. It's not the wait that's the issue, it's the lack of transparency

Combined with people who ordered well after me with the same config and ordering to the same SC getting their cars delivered while they can't even bother to give me an answer as to why or an estimate if I should expect mine by the end of the quarter or not.

You'd "rather them put their attention to towards the quality of the product"... Tesla isn't exactly renowned for their high build quality, that's another area where people are willing to settle for the tech, not really something I'd be pointing towards as an excuse for poor customer service.
That's the worst of it all! Seeing people get their VINs and cars who only waited a week or two when we've been waiting more than a month or two.

right, everyone is enroute to get enboard with the ev revolution. i get that.
im just fanboying tesla. apologies if u didnt catch it lol.

Same I wanted Tesla over the others as of now. But the others will soon catch up. Tesla making a new affordable car will blast them off even more. But tech wise those other companies have the same type of big boy money if not more to add to their tech. Good thing for us is we will have chargers at every stop and feel like gas stations at every stop in the near future.

Reactions: EVxdream
Agreed with everyone about the lack of transparency, especially regarding the removal of features without any notification. I understand there's a parts shortage, but the failure to disclose the changes caused by that at the time of ordering the vehicle rub me the wrong way. Like, no radar available? Fine (to an extent - I personally don't think vision-only is the best way forward, but that's a convo for another day), tell me that upfront so I'm not expecting a car that has all of the current radar-based safety features only to receive one that has a diminished feature set. Trying to cut costs on passenger lumbar support? Cool, at least give us an option to include that in our build instead of removing it quietly to avoid backlash.

All the while, they've increased the price by $500 on 5 different occasions, which makes all of the above incredibly hard to swallow.

Also, it's fine to critique and criticize a company and what they're doing while simultaneously being a fan of their products. I'm sure my Model 3 will be a great car to drive and own, but that doesn't absolve Tesla from criticism for lack of transparency and for delivering vehicles that are objectively worse than their previous offerings.