Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling I'm not going to hear back from my SA.

hey you guys.png

Turns out getting your VIN means nothing. Heres my story.

I got my vin on Sunday. On monday, they contacted me to schedule delivery. This was a person in a call center. Scheduled for thursday at 11am. On Tuesday, the actual service center contacted me. Confirmed the appointment, said congrats and welcome to the family.

I went and sold my car yesterday for the downpayment.

This morning at 11am, I got an email to sign the documents and do the final payment. I log in to do that, and the car is gone. Blank order. No VIN, no delivery appointment.

I called tesla. The call center guy just said the car was undeliverable, and put in for the manager at my local store to call me. She called and said apparently they pulled that car in for pre delivery checks, and it had "severe internal damage" that made it undeliverable. She is now looking for other solutions and will call me by the end of the day.

Meanwhile, I sold my car and dont currently have a car because I was given a delivery date that was confirmed by two different humans, including one on site where the car was.

I got my vin on Sunday. On monday, they contacted me to schedule delivery. This was a person in a call center. Scheduled for thursday at 11am. On Tuesday, the actual service center contacted me. Confirmed the appointment, said congrats and welcome to the family.

This morning at 11am, I got an email to sign the documents and do the final payment. I log in to do that, and the car is gone. Blank order. No VIN, no delivery appointment.

I called tesla. The call center guy just said the car was undeliverable, and put in for the manager at my local store to call me. She called and said apparently they pulled that car in for pre delivery checks, and it had "severe internal damage" that made it undeliverable. She is now looking for other solutions and will call me by the end of the day.

Meanwhile, I sold my car and dont currently have a car because I was given a delivery date that was confirmed by two different humans, including one on site where the car was.
BRO CALM DOWN!!! Sending Elon to MARS TAKES SACRIFICE BRO IT's all part of the PrOCeSs!!!

Oh man, my heart goes out to you man. I'm so sorry. That stinks.

Sheesh. truly sorry to hear this man. They definitely need to make this right.

Called the Scottsdale SC today and the lady told me she wasn't sure why people were getting timeframes like mine of 9 - 13 weeks but mentioned it was a "glitch." She looked up my account and told me that my order has been placed with a manufacturing build but didn't have any specific dates. This seems like BS because everyone should be placed in queue for a build when they order, so not really sure what she meant there. She said she would expect my car before the end of the month based on my order date of 5/1 though. So really, I learned absolutely nothing new.
I wonder what she would say about my 4/6 order…At least she was confident about your 5/1 order still getting there this month. I’ve been tempted to give them a call, too, but I assume they will tell me what my SA told me and that my estimate on the site is the best they got.

Dont think they respond to texts. It goes to a generic number
My SA correspondence has only been through text. It often takes them a day or two to respond, but they do. The random mass text regarding trade-ins last week came from the same number, so no doubt it is sort of a generic thing, but I definitely get responses via text. I’ve not been in communication via email or phone calls with anyone at Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: ytfsic