Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most states can't complete insurance until we get the VIN and Delivery date, like here in Colorado I just now completed my insurance now that I scheduled my delivery.

I don't think not having the insurance completed would impact anything, at least until delivery day
That's what I thought too. Having spoken to my SA, they told me to complete the finance to complete my profile. Never been told about insurance.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Although I've never done it, I don't think you'd scratch the alloy wheels by removing/adding the plastic aero covers.

The video below shows the removal process with the addition of lug nut covers and center cap.

Although I saw this Aero Wheel Cap Kit on Tesla Shop, I did not see that the lug nut covers and center cap kit was available, which I liked better. So I ordered this kit from Amazon, currently $22.

Also will order these suction cups to remove the center cap if I decide to add the aero wheels back on again.

According to this article from 2017, Tesla's VP of Engineering said the aero wheels can increase efficiency by ~10%.

10% is quite a huge number! I saw a white Model 3 with that kit from Amazon and it looked quite nice. I think I like it better then Tesla's aero wheel cap kit.

Reactions: Ace777