Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car today folks. 3 issues found so far:

* Deflation direction of lumbar support isn't working.
* One of the rear door handle is a bit misaligned (a bit in).
* Rear (plasticy?) top on the driver's side need some minor alignment adjustment.

Other than those everything else looks great so far.

I originally ordered on 5/11. M3LRBlack with black interior, 19'' wheels, and FSD. I then changed it to white interior on June 2nd. I traded-in my car and had them re-evaluate the offer originally and then sometime in mid june too. I also didn't had title for my old car which I got on first week of June. (I saw some posts about not completing profile and that delaying things, that hasn't been my experience. My SA told me from the very beginning that that shouldn't delay it.) I got the VIN on Saturday (no text or email, just found out via random refresh), and then delivery got scheduled for home delivery on 6/23 last night (again found out via random refresh). My original selection was to pick it up from Fremont. I emailed my SA and asked to pick up my car instead of it being home delivered, he mentioned that my location got changed from Fremont to Colma. So I ended up calling Colma delivery center this morning (at 9:45am) and requested pick up. They said I could pick it up today. Overall pretty smooth experience. Also, I got final payment email this morning.

Lumbar support is a tiny inconvenience but nothing too bad.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck to all you folks. Car is crazy fun to drive. :)
Thanks for all this info. I’ve been considering changing to white too didn’t know you could mid order (didn’t want to start in the back of the line ... if there is one)

I assume any flaws like that can all be fixed under warranty at the dealership?

Feeling pretty discouraged that I won’t get the car anytime soon. Driving myself crazy looking at demos or even model ys but I know I won’t want one and should wait. Just venting I guess if anyone feels similar
I talked to my SA tonight and he looked at the system. He gave me the first straight-ish answer I’ve gotten since putting my deposit down. He said I could expect my car in the first two weeks of July. Obviously not the answer I wanted to hear, but definitely gave me some relief to not be freaking out as much as I have been over the last week since my date changed from June 21-30 to the dreaded 8-12 weeks.

I talked to my SA tonight and he looked at the system. He gave me the first straight-ish answer I’ve gotten since putting my deposit down. He said I could expect my car in the first two weeks of July. Obviously not the answer I wanted to hear, but definitely gave me some relief to not be freaking out as much as I have been over the last week since my date changed from June 21-30 to the dreaded 8-12 weeks.
Man, I wish I could get the same info!! I can deal with the truth. But being jerked around sucks.

Reactions: greymatter73
I read somewhere that 10 days before you are assigned a VIN that your ability to edit your order goes away. I am curious how many people here have the ability to edit their order (on their manage order page) and how many don't? For those that are able to edit their order where is your edit button? I vaguely remember there being one but I cannot find it. It makes me wonder if what I read is accurate.

I read somewhere that 10 days before you are assigned a VIN that your ability to edit your order goes away. I am curious how many people here have the ability to edit their order (on their manage order page) and how many don't? For those that are able to edit their order where is your edit button? I vaguely remember there being one but I cannot find it. It makes me wonder if what I read is accurate.
I've lost the ability to edit my order after I set my financing if I recall correctly.

FINALLY.

Got my VIN just now. I was refreshing every 30 seconds and on my 3rd try, it took a tad longer to load. Then the Tesla Vision message came on. I accepted. Got my VIN ......9996XX...

EDD is now June 23-26 after having had the 8-12 weeks for the last few days.

Keep the hope alive.
dudeeee you ordered soon after me im hoping your luck is coming my way soon, we legit got nearly the same build except i've got the black interior

Reactions: Kenz3