Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though I talked to my SA last night and he said I’d be in the first couple of weeks of July, I’m still checking my EDD… woke up this morning with another shift - first one in a week… Just moved from 8-12 weeks to 7-11 weeks. Sigh… Anybody else in the 8-12 weeks seeing a similar shift today?
Yep, same boat here. It looks like it just defaults to what is on the current Tesla order page. I noticed that is now 7-11 weeks as well.

Picked up the car!! Zero issues from what I can see. Just dropped.itmoff for tint. Cannot wait to see it finished
Congrats! For anyone who took delivery recently, can you comment (or even send pictures) of your left side trunk meets glass roof/rear door area? Tesla is telling me the lack of liner between glass roof and panel, and also associated panel gap, is 100% standard since they installed the powered lift gate on the M3. I will admit the only other one I’ve seen in person does share the lack of liner and does not have a flush fit at that spot (although I think panel is slightly misaligned further 🤷‍♂️). Super curious what others are seeing. For reference see mine 👇

Attachments

• 2B7AB278-41AA-4BE3-95C4-5F58A528F515.png
    2B7AB278-41AA-4BE3-95C4-5F58A528F515.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 134
Are you guys all paying for the down payment or cash price on the web portal before delivery? Never paid for a car before seeing it, though I can't imagine why I would not accept delivery.

What would happen if I paid the down payment before, but something was horribly wrong and I didn't accept delivery?

Congrats! For anyone who took delivery recently, can you comment (or even send pictures) of your left side trunk meets glass roof/rear door area? Tesla is telling me the lack of liner between glass roof and panel, and also associated panel gap, is 100% standard since they installed the powered lift gate on the M3. I will admit the only other one I’ve seen in person does share the lack of liner and does not have a flush fit at that spot (although I think panel is slightly misaligned further 🤷‍♂️). Super curious what others are seeing. For reference see mine 👇

That's normal, I've seen that all over Reddit for the 2021s

Today, my date range is 6/25-6/30.
Keeping in mind when I called last week (Fri), whoever answered at the UTC sales location (delivery location Carlsbad, CA) looked up my RN number and said my account showed delivery for 6/25. Still no VIN, still no anything different about my Tesla “manage” page.

TESLA LOADING…
Mine changed this morning as well! Good luck to us! :)

Are you guys all paying for the down payment or cash price on the web portal before delivery? Never paid for a car before seeing it, though I can't imagine why I would not accept delivery.

What would happen if I paid the down payment before, but something was horribly wrong and I didn't accept delivery?
I waited until seeing the car to pay and the SC at Paramus, NJ was nice and allowed me to review the car to my satisfaction before paying. After paying, he then marked me as delivered and I was on my way up the Garden State Parkway in the comfiest, boostiest high voltage-electron mobile that I have ever had the joy of driving

Well, that was sudden.

June 13: EDD was 9-13 weeks
June 14: EDD was June 19 - June 30
June 15: EDD was June 20 - June 30
June 16: EDD was June 21 - June 30
June 17: EDD was 9-13 weeks
June 18: EDD was 8 to 12 weeks (changed in the afternoon)
June 22: Tesla Vision notice and VIN arrived at around 8:00pm
June 23: Final Payment Notice (completed within like 2 minutes) arrived at around 9:30am
June 23: Delivery scheduled for June 24 (about 15 minutes after completing final payment)

Throughout this process, I have contacted SA's at Fremont, Burbank, Pasadena, and a few reps via chat (sometimes while considering a Demo). Hands down, Fremont and Burbank have the best SA's who sought out to help me and go above and beyond. The Burbank SA's gave me accurate information all along as I can see that in retrospect. Everyone else gave me either false or runaround responses.

For those who are expecting deliveries through Burbank, it looks like a large shipment just came in.

Thank you everyone for providing sanity to me when I thought I was going cuckoo with all the EDD changes. May everyone get their Teslas WAY faster than you expect at this moment.

Well, that was sudden.

June 13: EDD was 9-13 weeks
June 14: EDD was June 19 - June 30
June 15: EDD was June 20 - June 30
June 16: EDD was June 21 - June 30
June 17: EDD was 9-13 weeks
June 18: EDD was 8 to 12 weeks (changed in the afternoon)
June 22: Tesla Vision notice and VIN arrived at around 8:00pm
June 23: Final Payment Notice (completed within like 2 minutes) arrived at around 9:30am
June 23: Delivery scheduled for June 24 (about 15 minutes after completing final payment)

Throughout this process, I have contacted SA's at Fremont, Burbank, Pasadena, and a few reps via chat (sometimes while considering a Demo). Hands down, Fremont and Burbank have the best SA's who sought out to help me and go above and beyond. The Burbank SA's gave me accurate information all along as I can see that in retrospect. Everyone else gave me either false or runaround responses.

For those who are expecting deliveries through Burbank, it looks like a large shipment just came in.

Thank you everyone for providing sanity to me when I thought I was going cuckoo with all the EDD changes. May everyone get their Teslas WAY faster than you expect at this moment.
I'm out in Santa Clarita, thinking Burbank is my closest, I should probably give them a call and see if I can get some insider info.

Reactions: Kenz3
Another update. Last night I received my VIN, the EDD when I accepted the VIN was 7-10 weeks. Then that evening it updated to 6/26-6/28. This morning it was updated to 6/23-6/27. I received my "congratulations" text this morning about 10 minutes after my local delivery center opened. When I clicked the link I was given times only on 6/26, but thankfully that day works for me. Now I have a scheduled delivery date and time (6/26). From what I understand this means that I will get a call within 24 hours of the delivery to finalize payment particulars.

I called the PPF place today to set up the appointment. Fingers crossed no whammies between now and then!

Attachments

• congratulations.jpg
    congratulations.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
INSURANCE

I got the Tesla Insurance quote for $179/month. I then checked with my insurance (through Costco) and got $152/month due to multi-car discount. I guess I'm adding the Tesla to my current auto policy.
I keep seeing people post insurance quotes that are quite high. Maybe I'm just lucky but my wife got a quote last night after I got my VIN and I'm looking at just over $600 for 6 months total with my wife's van included. So between $50-100/mo for the model 3. Why is mine so cheap compared to everyone else? We have Progressive.

Reactions: Ace777