Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I decided to troll back into the March 24-35 pages here to see if there are any similarities… different world today than all the way back then! People were ordering and getting their cars in a matter of a couple of weeks! Sure, there were those who ordered months prior, but it seemed that most people were getting their VINs all at the same time, whether it was months or even a week prior! No email glitches or texts that got people’s hopes all up!

Tick tock.

Update:
I was able to find an existing inventory build of my spec. New build on the way from factory to the delivery location. I bought it, had the VIN assigned to my original order.

FWIW the Tesla guy who called me (my SA is out of the office today) said my original order was supposed to be built and started deliver the last days of June. But he said it was always an estimate. So I decided not to roll the dice and take this one that’s available now. I have to drive 100miles to pick it up but is well worth it IMO!

Car is arriving from Factory tomorrow evening or Friday AM, delivery appt set for Friday afternoon!

Update:
I was able to find an existing inventory build of my spec. New build on the way from factory to the delivery location. I bought it, had the VIN assigned to my original order.

FWIW the Tesla guy who called me (my SA is out of the office today) said my original order was supposed to be built and started deliver the last days of June. But he said it was always an estimate. So I decided not to roll the dice and take this one that’s available now. I have to drive 100miles to pick it up but is well worth it IMO!

Car is arriving from Factory tomorrow evening or Friday AM, delivery appt set for Friday afternoon!
Congratulations!

Reactions: JoJa15
Update:

Congrats! I keep refreshing the existing inventory page for the same! Just to confirm, though - you had to forfeit the $100 order fee for your build and pay $100 for the inventory one, right? At this point, that’s money well spent! And your 100 miles you have to drive = 100 miles you get to enjoy your new car!

Reactions: hcdavis3
Keeps tightening…
2C3B5E55-3EA7-4513-AD7B-DBB0116CE025.png

Reactions: JoJa15
No change for me today. Still 7-11 weeks and no responses from the text yesterday. From seeing what is in existing inventory and from my deductive reasoning, my guess is black interiors are going to be the last ones getting their cars, especially ones like mine that are just the basics with no upgrades.

Can anybody confirm that got responses to your texts yesterday? Do y’all have upgraded options on your orders? Exterior other than white, wheels other than 18”, black interior, and no FSD?

NYC here...

On June 6th, I ordered a M3LR Black/White/18"Aero/No FSD. This morning my EDD updated, see below. To be honest, I'm primarily focusing on the long end date for delivery. So in my view my dates pulled in from Aug 20th to July 28th. If I get it sooner, great but I don't want to look at this from a best case scenario. :cool:

EDD History
- June 23rd received an EDD of July 8th - July 28th
- June 20th received an EDD of 8 to 12 weeks
- June 18th received an EDD of 9 to 13 weeks
- June 16th received an EDD of July 13th - Aug 02nd
- June 10th received an EDD of July 18th - Aug 10th
- June 08th received an EDD of July 30th - Aug 20th
My dates refreshed this morning.

EDD is now July 4 - July 18

Today, my date range is 6/25-6/30.
Keeping in mind when I called last week (Fri), whoever answered at the UTC sales location (delivery location Carlsbad, CA) looked up my RN number and said my account showed delivery for 6/25. Still no VIN, still no anything different about my Tesla “manage” page.

TESLA LOADING…
We have a VIN B*TCHES 😂

VIN 9988XX

I got the Tesla Vision notice and the ability to get an insurance quote. My Geico quote was better by ~$25/mo, so I’ll be sticking with that.

M3LR; white/black; 19” sport
Ordered: 5/12
First EDD: 6/14-6/30
6/23: Text about confirming June delivery from Tesla
Current EDD: 6/24-6/28 (first day the backend of the date has not been 6/30)
Vin: 6/24

Looks like my phone call with UTC may have been accurate and I might get my car 6/25