Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that even with a delivery appointment, the EDD just keeps updating and changing in the background. That's probably the final proof that the EDD operates in its own reality.
I just took delivery of my vehicle. The EDD didn't change for me over the last 2 days or so. As a matter of fact, as my car was being delivered onto my driveway, the EDD still had not changed.

I got 2.49% at first through Tesla (Wells Fargo), then applied with a 3rd party (PenFed CU) and was approved for 1.99%. Both 60 months. Then I sent the 1.99% approval to Tesla and they matched it, so I stayed with Tesla.

That saved me $10/month, which doesn't seem like much but that's $600 over 60 months for little effort.

See my previous post in this link for more info.

Here is the link to Tesla's Rate Match Guarantee for more info: Best Rate Guarantee
Nice - can I change my financing options after I've ordered (and once I get my VIN to open up the payment portal again)?

Right now on my dashboard I don't have any option to change anything w/ my payment

I think the #1 thing we can pass onto the Q3 waiting room is really the EDD in your account means nothing
I completely concur.

About 10 days before my delivery, my EDD went from a narrow window to, all of a sudden, 9-13 weeks. Then it went to 8-12 weeks a couple of days later. Then I got a narrow window again. Finally got a VIN with a narrow delivery window. Then got an email congratulating me. I simultaneously got a call asking for confirmation of delivery on 6/24. So I got insurance effective 6/24. Then around 12:00 noon on 6/23, I got a text saying that my car is unexpectedly arriving in a few hours (one day earlier than they told me). Don't get me wrong. I didn't really mind that the car was early and that it was in great condition. It's just that I had to call my insurance again to set up a new effective date just so I could drive my car upon arrival.

All this to say that I agree with many Tesla owners who have taken delivery of their cars after exhaustion from refreshing their account page ..... the EDD is almost an entirely separate system from reality. Andrew works on the EDD. Mediocre SA's read your account page that Andrew is in charge of. Great SA's go into some system and tell you when your car will be manufactured, shipped, and delivered. Unfortunately, I had to go through Andrew and a couple of mediocre SA's before I found a great SA that nailed my manufacture date, ship date, and delivery date (off by one day).

Reactions: stEVe91941
Yes please!

1624634374847.png

I ordered a couple of weeks after you, but have the same EDD now. Been floating around the 7-11 weeks for a while, so was nice to wake up to this today. I'm sure we're just a small % of the people waiting for their cars, so it just boggles my mind to try and understand how many cars will be produced over the next few days. Just hoping the rush doesn't mean we'll have fit and finish issues... the last thing I want to deal with after all this anticipation is some panel gaps or sunken door handles!

I ordered a couple of weeks after you, but have the same EDD now. Been floating around the 7-11 weeks for a while, so was nice to wake up to this today. I'm sure we're just a small % of the people waiting for their cars, so it just boggles my mind to try and understand how many cars will be produced over the next few days. Just hoping the rush doesn't mean we'll have fit and finish issues... the last thing I want to deal with after all this anticipation is some panel gaps or sunken door handles!

Yup - I think we're on the lower end of the list and the elusive blue doesn't leave me much hope - which I'm kinda OK with if it means my car won't be jammed through in the Q2 rush... Then again I'm like JUST GIVE ME THE PANEL GAPS... INJECT IT IN MY VEINS!!! lol

Nice - can I change my financing options after I've ordered (and once I get my VIN to open up the payment portal again)?

Right now on my dashboard I don't have any option to change anything w/ my payment
If I remember right, after placing order, one of the steps is "Financing" where you select between 1) Applying for loan with Tesla partner, 2) Providing your own financing with 3rd Party Bank or 3) Paying cash.

Have you done that yet?

If so, if you want to make any changes, you'd need to contact [email protected] to make changes.

For me, I waited until 45 days before the far end of my EDD to apply for Tesla Loan. Since the approval (as I was told) is good for 60 days, I didn't want to apply too soon and have it expire before delivery if it was delivered close to the far end of EDD (Which mine is now) and also a couple weeks buffer if it's late. (Still not sure if this decision has cause a delay for my VIN.)

After getting the original 2.49% approval from Tesla, my account page was updated with that info and I could not make any changes. After getting the PenFed 1.99% approval and sending it to [email protected], they updated my account to show the new 1.99%.

If you meant you want to change from loan to cash or vice versa, I have read others saying they contacted their SA.

I'm dying LMAO. Our EDD's have been the same, if what my SA said is true then our cars will be built Sunday.
Great, so we get to have our cars built by the 3rd Shift B Team who didn't have the seniority to get out of working OT on a Sunday. 👍

Being in California and seeing the delivery patterns for previous quarters (I've been lurking for a while) I was fully expecting an end of the quarter delivery no matter when I ordered during the quarter. BUT, I "strategically" ordered in the 1st week of the quarter to try to avoid getting a rush job of a build/delivery at the very end of the quarter.

But, on the plus side, I did get lucky and ordered just before the price hikes. (<-- That probably has more to do with my delivery delay than anything. 😒)