Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call too. I asked my SA when the car was born. She said wait a second and she would check. She came back and said, "ohhhh your car just got finished manufacturing.". I pick it up tomorrow at 11 am PST. This will be the newest car I have ever owned.
Get ready for the new car smell! Mines only had 3 miles on it! It even still had the steering wheel wrap on it lol. Still no floor mats tho lol

I'm getting two conflicting messages:

Text: Tesla Update - "We currently expect your new vehicle to arrive between 6/28 and 6/30 and will be ready to drop the vehicle off at your home as soon as it arrives"

Tesla.com/Account: "Delivery Appointment at Marina del Rey from 9am to 6pm"

What?!!!

Reactions: greymatter73
I'm a few pages behind on this forum since I received my car but I had a similar experience at Raintree on Friday.

I showed up and there's Tesla employees running all around but no help to be found. I had everything squared away beforehand so I was able to open my car via the app but found out my car was only charged to 150 miles. Not a huge deal since I'm local but frustrating out of principle. I was also missing my floor mats, so had to hunt someone down to fix. Not sure how those get overlooked.

My car looked mostly fine. One of the door handles were slightly sunk in, not very much. There was some kind of paint/metal problem with a tiny spot on the edge of the front trunk. I don't even know how to describe it but you can feel it and barely see it at certain angles. It looks like the sheet metal was slightly bent and just painted over. The gap around that area is slightly larger too.

Inside all I saw was some messed up door seals at the top of both rear doors, something 90% of people would never notice or even care about. Overall the car isn't in bad shape but not perfect either.
I'm hoping my car is charged a good amount... There has been delays in getting the 240v outlet installed so I'm stuck on 120v for now...

Weird. I picked store pickup in rocklin because they said delivery wasn’t available to my house.

Attachments

• 33491D8C-2C9A-4E0C-BB03-2CD94EA098E8.jpeg
    33491D8C-2C9A-4E0C-BB03-2CD94EA098E8.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 79
Just want to give some updates. Picked up the car yesterday. Look great and to my surprise no panel gaps or scratches or anything imperfect. There is only one thing I want to point out for everyone who has not picked up their car, just making sure your mobile connector is actually in working condition. I tried to charge my car last night after reaching 20% and unable to. End up went to supercharger and got Tesla to switch out the faulty one for me but definitely a range anxiety moment.

Hope everyone receive their car soon 😀

received my car today! Couldn’t be more happy. Had to make an appointment with service to fix some issues of course.

Getting my windows tinted a little over CA legal
Getting new springs and sway bar from unplugged hopefully next week when they get them in, and wheel spacers (all work done by them)

and shopping for new wheels. And hopefully get the boost too. Just have to convince my self to spend the $2k

but I want to order a new model 3 just so I can hang out here m

Attachments

• 94B7BA08-7A71-4515-9A8A-94761717ADE7.png
    94B7BA08-7A71-4515-9A8A-94761717ADE7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Weird. I picked store pickup in rocklin because they said delivery wasn’t available to my house.
I’m kinda in the same boat! Let us know what happens. Think I’ll call Rocklin tomorrow and find out what’s happening.
Got text yesterday saying my car is nearing production and then have delivery appointment at my delivery location, which was supposed to be my house. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• 7C9EC56B-CF2C-4DE6-AB59-8E124703EF62.jpeg
    7C9EC56B-CF2C-4DE6-AB59-8E124703EF62.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 55
  • F88BBF20-6AEB-4A34-A226-F59C7D02052F.jpeg
    F88BBF20-6AEB-4A34-A226-F59C7D02052F.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: es06m3lrawd
17 hours to pickup!!! I have run out of videos to watch, checklists to check, etc. Hope I can sleep tonight. It is like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid lol.
giphy.gif
Very cool. Bro, you deserve it. By the way, if you have an Apple Watch, take a look at the Watch for Tesla app. I'm still in my first week of graduating from this class, and this app felt like an extra graduation present.

received my car today! Couldn’t be more happy. Had to make an appointment with service to fix some issues of course.

Getting my windows tinted a little over CA legal
Getting new springs and sway bar from unplugged hopefully next week when they get them in, and wheel spacers (all work done by them)

and shopping for new wheels. And hopefully get the boost too. Just have to convince my self to spend the $2k

but I want to order a new model 3 just so I can hang out here m
Dude, congratulations on your car. Classmates from the same graduating class of June 2021.

When I got my confirmation call they said my car just got done being manufactured. I think it is very possible the same happened for your car. When I stopped by the SC earlier this morning there was a transporter there and a line of new Y's/3's being detailed. I bet our cars will be transported sometime later today/tonight or early tomorrow morning.

So on a related note I heard someone say to not wash your car for a month to give the paint time to cure. Anyone know if that is true or not? If our cars were just manufactured the paint has to be FRESH!
Mine was supposedly delivered this evening and should be ready for 2-4pm delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed our panels are perfect and interiors flawless.