Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so Andrew the squirrel was not done with me yet. I just got a call an hour before my pickup that they are really backed up and the car still needs to go through inspections, software updates, etc. They said they need to move me to the 30th. Bruh! I was very polite and asked why they are letting me know an hour before my pickup that it will not be ready until the 30th? If they are so backed up they surely had to have known earlier. I did not really get much of an answer except sorry. It is a major bummer that they waited until the last moment to tell me. I am going to go back to my corner and rock back and forth until I get a call...
giphy.gif
Yikes! That sucks :mad: Hope you do get your car soon. Maybe they'll be able to deliver it tomorrow.

I was originally scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow (6/29) but I've been hounded by calls and texts from the Delivery center to take delivery of the car today.
They even offered to drop it off at my house. Weird.
I'm still waiting on my Credit Union to mail the check to Tesla, so that I can give them a tracking number and then take delivery.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Some sign of movement, hope, the light at the end of the tunnel? Got an email with the subject, "2021 Model 3 Agreements Ready." Don't remember seeing anybody else talking about this - basically, for us California folks to agree that we're buying a battery-powered car to be eligible for the California Clean Fuel Reward. Any part of this related to my scheduled delivery or is this triggered by the vehicle being en route to me?

Reactions: hcdavis3
Some sign of movement, hope, the light at the end of the tunnel? Got an email with the subject, "2021 Model 3 Agreements Ready." Don't remember seeing anybody else talking about this - basically, for us California folks to agree that we're buying a battery-powered car to be eligible for the California Clean Fuel Reward. Any part of this related to my scheduled delivery or is this triggered by the vehicle being en route to me?
My initial delivery was scheduled for 6/29. Yesterday they called me to say i can pick up 6/28, after i agreed and hung up they sent a text confirming the appointment and that's when i got the same email. So in my case i believe it was confirmation that the appointment is good to go, could be the same for you.

I got that 24 hours prior to delivery. It's a simple "Accept" to sign

Reactions: greymatter73
My initial delivery was scheduled for 6/29. Yesterday they called me to say i can pick up 6/28, after i agreed and hung up they sent a text confirming the appointment and that's when i got the same email. So in my case i believe it was confirmation that the appointment is good to go, could be the same for you.

I got that 24 hours prior to delivery. It's a simple "Accept" to sign
So from this small sampling, it sounds like it really is a light at the end of the tunnel and I really hope it isn't a train! Talk about first-world problems, though!

I'm picking up in 3.5 hours. Got a text that my car is ready and to log in and accept delivery from my account. I logged in, the button is there, not accepting until i see it (obviously), I opened the tesla app and i have access to it lol. My car is charging currently, 94% battery and it is 118F interior temp. LMAO i'm so excited. the car has only 3 miles on it.

Well Christmas in June. Just picked up my White LR3. Amazingly, nearly perfect. Only two issues and seems common. Drivers side seat barely rubs the center console where the passenger side seat has a gap. Others cars had the same thing when looking in the window.

Next, picky but where both fenders meet at the hood on each side and bumper the right side sits slightly up and the left is a bit tight. Few others on the delivery lot weren’t like this.

Could live with both issues might make a service appt. Otherwise couldn’t really find a darn thing wrong with it.

Stars aligned for me. Loving it.

Several people out there taking delivery. One guy was picking up a MY, his was a dirty mess, mud down the side. Interior has marks all over. He was pretty pissed. Hope he was able to get someone to take care of that stuff. Otherwise his car seemed Ok with all the others. They all had similar range VINs and all looked the same from a visual check. Funny seeing all these people in the blazing heat doing their QC checks, everybody was eye rolling each other like WHY!!!

Next tint and some other stuff, wheels, lower it ceramic coating.

Hope the rest in here have s good experience.

Last edited:
Well the roller coaster keeps going. The SC called me and said the car is READY and I come come pick it up at 4 pm. Man what a ride this has been. I have no idea how it went from your car is delayed to the 30th to you can now pick it up. I don't care though. I just want to get the car lol.
NICE! Let us know how it goes! We've got the same config, so will be interesting to hear your experience!

Reactions: stEVe91941
I swear TESL
Well the roller coaster keeps going. The SC called me and said the car is READY and I come come pick it up at 4 pm. Man what a ride this has been. I have no idea how it went from your car is delayed to the 30th to you can now pick it up. I don't care though. I just want to get the car lol.
May the odds be ever in your favor!!

The excitement never ends....Got a message from Tesla that my car is still in CA and they can deliver it on 6/30 instead of 6/29. They just asked if I am available from 4-6pm, with no other available options. I suppose that's only fair considering it is the LAST day of the quarter!!

My SA told me yesterday that it was on the way here, so I guess he meant the assembly line. I just hope it comes in one piece and not like Ikea furniture where I need to assemble everything cause they didn't have time to finish it by EOQ!

The excitement never ends....Got a message from Tesla that my car is still in CA and they can deliver it on 6/30 instead of 6/29. They just asked if I am available from 4-6pm, with no other available options. I suppose that's only fair considering it is the LAST day of the quarter!!

My SA told me yesterday that it was on the way here, so I guess he meant the assembly line. I just hope it comes in one piece and not like Ikea furniture where I need to assemble everything cause they didn't have time to finish it by EOQ!
I'd take mine with "some assembly required" in exchange for the EDD rollercoaster we've all been through!

Well Christmas in June. Just picked up my White LR3. Amazingly, nearly perfect. Only two issues and seems common. Drivers side seat barely rubs the center console where the passenger side seat has a gap. Others cars had the same thing when looking in the window.

Next, picky but where both fenders meet at the hood on each side and bumper the right side sits slightly up and the left is a bit tight. Few others on the delivery lot weren’t like this.

Could live with both issues might make a service appt. Otherwise couldn’t really find a darn thing wrong with it.

Stars aligned for me. Loving it.

Several people out there taking delivery. One guy was picking up a MY, his was a dirty mess, mud down the side. Interior has marks all over. He was pretty pissed. Hope he was able to get someone to take care of that stuff. Otherwise his car seemed Ok with all the others. They all had similar range VINs and all looked the same from a visual check. Funny seeing all these people in the blazing heat doing their QC checks, everybody was eye rolling each other like WHY!!!

Next tint and some other stuff, wheels, lower it ceramic coating.

Hope the rest in here have s good experience.
When did you order?

Reactions: hcdavis3
Make sure you check in the lower storage in your trunk, seems like they come with the license plate cover now. I ordered one and apparently didn't need to. Maybe they always did, but I didn't know that. Oh well. :)

Absolutely love the car. Found a couple more very minor things but I don't know if that's just me being nitpicky and looking for things. There was a tiny little nick in the door paint, and I noticed a rattle in the front driver's side on certain roads if I turned off the stereo (which doesn't happen often because it's SO GOOD). There was also a bit of warping on one of the door seals but I was easily able to just fix that myself by pushing it in. Service appointment for the 14th scheduled for everything else. They're going to install Homelink at the same time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-28 165540.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-28 165540.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 68