Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up so excited this morning to take delivery but then my heart was broken when an hour before my delivery appointment Tesla called and said that my delivery could not be made and was delayed until the 30th or later. It was like I was water boarded. I was ready to give up. Take me, I will tell you whatever you want.

Then later that afternoon I got a call, sir you can come pick up your car at 4pm. I was so crushed from the let down this morning that I did not trust it. It is like some random guard opening your cell door and saying, "you are free to go". You do not know if you can get excited and run out or is it a trick and they will beat you back down the second you make a run for it. I did not get excited until I had inspected the car. I was prepared for all kinds of problems and could not find any that would bother me. I finally let myself get excited as I drove off the lot. I made my way onto the on ramp and punched it!!!! I WAS FREE!!!!!! I ran with that car as fast as I could. My face turned to a huge grin as my head was thrust backwards. I am in love!

And here she is: View attachment 679123

oh and if you think Andrew the Squirrel was done with me no he was not. He left this as a parting shot on my drive home. Fortunately it was just on the roof glass and wiped off easily. :)
View attachment 679124

For all of you still waiting to take delivery stay strong. You will get beat down, you will want to give up, but don't! The car is worth the wait!
I am so happy for you! Another one of us graduating from Q2!

Reactions: hcdavis3 and JoJa15
I picked up the car, I’m happy and sad… there are no gaps and the car drives ok. It looks like I missed this little dent while looking at the car, I was too excited… after the hour drive home I took a closer look and I saw it it’s only visible from this angle. I scheduled an appointment for Thursday the 1st… hope they won’t blame me for it
37CA19B4-89ED-4EC3-83E3-BB0917B3C471.jpeg

I woke up so excited this morning to take delivery but then my heart was broken when an hour before my delivery appointment Tesla called and said that my delivery could not be made and was delayed until the 30th or later. It was like I was water boarded. I was ready to give up. Take me, I will tell you whatever you want.

Then later that afternoon I got a call, sir you can come pick up your car at 4pm. I was so crushed from the let down this morning that I did not trust it. It is like some random guard opening your cell door and saying, "you are free to go". You do not know if you can get excited and run out or is it a trick and they will beat you back down the second you make a run for it. I did not get excited until I had inspected the car. I was prepared for all kinds of problems and could not find any that would bother me. I finally let myself get excited as I drove off the lot. I made my way onto the on ramp and punched it!!!! I WAS FREE!!!!!! I ran with that car as fast as I could. My face turned to a huge grin as my head was thrust backwards. I am in love!

And here she is: View attachment 679123

oh and if you think Andrew the Squirrel was done with me no he was not. He left this as a parting shot on my drive home. Fortunately it was just on the roof glass and wiped off easily. :)
View attachment 679124

For all of you still waiting to take delivery stay strong. You will get beat down, you will want to give up, but don't! The car is worth the wait!
Andrew is EVIL.

• Funny
Reactions: Ace777 and ytfsic
Anyone find it hilarious that Tesla charges your intitial charging at the dealership to your account? I picked up my car and it already had a supercharging tab. Usually dealers throw in the first tank of gas for free…

My biggest issue was the trunk misalignment. It’s touching the bumper on one side.View attachment 679126
My charge was free. I bet that was an accident, they must have done things in the wrong order, like they shouldn’t have given you access to the app before they charged or something. I bet your SA would be able to credit it.

Hey y'all, gotta do my part here and post my EDD's (have been lurking :) ). Apologies in advance to those who waited waaaaay longer!
FWIW, I was told (a couple days after ordering) that if I applied for my loan, I would get prioritized.

(Located in LA)
Order Date: 06/07/21, VIN: 06/27, DD: 6/30

Didn't keep too much track, but i'll list my EDD's from memory (take with a grain of salt):
- Order page showed 2-11 weeks
- 2-11 weeks
- 6/20-6/30
- 6/22-6/30
- 7/04-7/20
- Some week range (2-11 or 7-9?)
- 6/29-6/30
- Home delivery set to 6/30

Rough estimate of how it went.

M3LR, White/Black, Aero, No FSD
I think a lot of LA folks are opting for home delivery. I'm currently set the same date too. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Reactions: JoJa15
I think a lot of LA folks are opting for home delivery. I'm currently set the same date too. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Does your order page show home delivery? I talked to someone at my SC yesterday and clarified that I wanted home delivery or whatever gets my butt in the drivers seat the fastest, but my order page shows it’s being delivered to the SC… I’m so confused! To top it off, the person I talked to said to not expect delivery until the 30th, even though my order page still says it’s today between 9am and 6pm! The suspense is killing me!

Reactions: JoJa15
Already have some rock chips. I stay way back from other vehicles, but they’re doing some hack job resurfacing on 80 in Auburn, CA and there are pebbles everywhere for a couple miles.
NOOO!!! After all this time waiting you get welcomed with rock chips on your way home? I was debating PPF, but just found a decent price close to me this morning, so will be trying to get on their schedule next week… if I even get my elusive car by then!