Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Fortunately you can buy them on Amazon for right around $20 out the door. Tesla also sells the one-piece hub cap kit for $60. As my wife has said a few times… “so you buy a $60k car so you can get nickel and dimed for accessories that should have been included?” Yep!
Well I'm glad I found out, just ordered a set.

Also just like everyone else my EDD went from July 10-30 to 7-11 weeks. I took a test drive today and asked the sales guy if it's really going to take 7-11 weeks and he said yes and I should expect to take delivery in September. I hope he's wrong.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Wait, it doesn't come with lug nut caps and center caps from the factory? So if you remove the aero hub caps it's just a hole in the center with bare lug nuts?
No manufacturer that sells cars with hub caps, which is what the aero caps are, includes center caps and lug nut covers because they are by default covered by the hub cap. Anything you decide to do by removing the hub caps to expose what’s underneath is on you.

Reactions: abub
Well I'm glad I found out, just ordered a set.

Also just like everyone else my EDD went from July 10-30 to 7-11 weeks. I took a test drive today and asked the sales guy if it's really going to take 7-11 weeks and he said yes and I should expect to take delivery in September. I hope he's wrong.
Remember to keep looking at the existing inventory page for one that matches your specs. That’s how I got mine, even though I was most likely going to get my VIN within the next couple of days. Just make sure it’s a new one and not a demo car. The last couple of weeks of the quarter, the existing inventory page was always changing, so you’ve gotta stay on top of it, unless you are fine with just waiting for your turn to come.

"Post graduation update" from stEVe91941seems appropriate. Here's mine...

Recap: order date 4/24, delivery on 6/30. I went through the entire checklist and thankfully, I only found one issue with the gap. Back windshield on the driver's side has a small gap, the gasket (or whatever they call it) abruptly stopped in the middle. Wondering if that is "by design" or if I should be contacting Tesla about that. Other than that, the car drives great. Got rid of the aero covers and installed a cap kit. I think it looks better that way.

As for the class of Q3, as many others already mentioned, hang in there. Just assume that you will get your car on the last day of Q3, and maybe Tesla will surprise you :). Who knows?!
Your gasket is normal. Mine is the same. It’s a change for the 2021 refresh with the power trunk feature.

189259DC-10A7-4DD2-9BF9-E85F59024812.jpeg
C2175529-FED5-425F-B5C4-EDC3DDA1D569.jpeg
BE12AA32-B6FF-46EE-B12D-81C28A8A50EA.jpeg
3165E516-5838-49EC-8BD9-454AA986056B.jpeg
068AF045-F242-450F-B98B-2A7A53A021DB.jpeg
8BD6F11A-439F-40EF-B28A-E377F537FB3C.jpeg
FA9A9E73-6649-4799-81B2-79B6B3D3455C.jpeg

Post-graduation report: Just got it back from tint/PPF/ceramic yesterday morning. Spent most of the day driving places because driving this thing is now my hobby. My detailed inspection just before I dropped it off for the paint protection did find a few issues. One mis-aligned panel, one rear light with a gap and one interior trim piece that needs some attention. None of these are major issues for me and if they tell me to pound sand when I take it in on Tuesday I‘ll be okay. (Aside from that interior trim piece. It needs help.)

It drives like a dream and I’m very pleased with my decision to snag a mid-April build from existing inventory.

View attachment 681284View attachment 681285View attachment 681286View attachment 681287View attachment 681288View attachment 681289View attachment 681290

Post-graduation report: Just got it back from tint/PPF/ceramic yesterday morning. Spent most of the day driving places because driving this thing is now my hobby. My detailed inspection just before I dropped it off for the paint protection did find a few issues. One mis-aligned panel, one rear light with a gap and one interior trim piece that needs some attention. None of these are major issues for me and if they tell me to pound sand when I take it in on Tuesday I‘ll be okay. (Aside from that interior trim piece. It needs help.)

It drives like a dream and I’m very pleased with my decision to snag a mid-April build from existing inventory.
Looks fabulous!

• Love
Reactions: id436eg9045
Mine also changed today to 7-10 weeks, but that tracks with what I read earlier about the EDD being created by an algorithm that tries to match your specs with current production estimates. If it doesn't return a value you just get the default order delivery window. Ostensibly the factory is closed today, so that would mean no production and no value for the algorithm.

Yeah mine was like 07/14-08/03 beforehand
Don’t pay any attention to the 7 to 11 week delivery window. It’s exactly the same as an order placed today. It’s based on an algorithm where if the system checks orders and doesn’t get an expected value it simply goes to 7 to 11 weeks. Don’t worry it’ll change. I just now noticed madtexn’s post. Same.

Reactions: jrmt23 and AT88MPH
View attachment 681284View attachment 681285View attachment 681286View attachment 681287View attachment 681288View attachment 681289View attachment 681290

Those are the rimetrexx caps? Was looking for good pics of them on white. Did you do anything to them to prevent them from scuffing the wheels?

Curious if you did the tint/pfp/ceramic at TVP auto or someplace else? Car looks beautiful!

• Love
Reactions: id436eg9045
puddle lights that project the Tesla logo on the ground
Where did you get yours? I checked out Abstract Ocean but they don’t have this particular design.
What’s everybody’s favorite accessory they are excited for before even having the car?
Picked up a vinyl pillar delete kit that I’m excited to put on, my current white car has this look and I don’t think I can do a white car without it anymore.

I’ve also been looking for a kit of the TESLA lettering to go on the trunk lid to replace the standard T logo, but no one seems to sell them anymore…?

I ordered on 6/2. Last week my delivery date start range went from 6/9 to 6/17 to 6/27 to 7-11 weeks. I had already arranged financing after seeing the 6/9 date. I guess I'll have to do that again. I also got quotes on my current car. It's good I didn't sell it, as I was tempted. That would have been a problem, particularly since I'm going back to work soon.

If Tesla really takes 11 weeks to get me this car, I'll probably put it on hold and just wait for an Austin-built one. They will probably have something coming out of the factory by then, even if it is just Ys.

Last edited: