Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably a dumb question, but when applying a trade in vehicle, how does the trade in actually work? I'm hoping to keep the actual vehicle until the tesla is ready
You give it to them when you come pick it up. I had a home delivery for my last 3 and the guy drove over with my 3 and left with my trade-in. You finish all the paperwork necessary to transfer ownership during delivery.

This is probably a dumb question, but when applying a trade in vehicle, how does the trade in actually work? I'm hoping to keep the actual vehicle until the tesla is ready
Not sure how much you've looked around, but Tesla lowballed me really badly on my 2018 M3. I had offers in the low to mid $30K range from more than one company and when I checked Tesla they offered $27,500. Had a video chat with a rep in Cali and asked if they could come up from that; he said he'd talk to the trade in team and in the meantime I could send him any written offer I had above theirs. I got one for $35,000 (that I have accepted) that I forwarded to him. He said they couldn't come up any higher than the $27,500. A $7500 difference is ridiculous, especially when they are the manufacturer and could probably turn it around in a heartbeat. While I now have to make arrangements for transportation for a few weeks (hopefully just a FEW weeks) because the company I'm selling to won't wait indefinitely, it certainly isn't going to cost me anywhere near $7500 to do so.

Just bought the last of my Model 3 accessories, the homelink garage door opener. I’m officially ready to take delivery. It’ll take as long to install all the accessories as it did for the car to be delivered. I’m up to 41 accessories.
You might say that, but I built on 20+ accessories in like two days after delivery. You'll be excited to finish up and personalize the car, plus you shouldn't really be driving too much or too hard in the first two months as your exterior paint needs to cure.

The most difficult thing to install for me was the IKON PP front lip kit, everything else was easy. Unless you are upgrading major parts like springs, etc that need to be done at a shop?

Reactions: blkgenius
Hi. Ordered in Washington. Midnight Silver, black interior, 19 inch wheels, autopilot only. Ordered on 6/11. My last known EDD was 7/3-7/23 until Wednesday when I suddenly got a VIN, but my EDD also changed to 7-11 weeks. Called the SC and was told my car was waiting for inspection. No clue what all this means. From looking through the thread my order might imminent or I could have a long way to go.
So today my EDD finally changed from 7-11 weeks to July 9-July14. I got my VIN almost a week ago, but still no direct contact from Tesla. I was told to call back in a week (tomorrow) if I haven’t been contacted. So we’ll see what happens tomorrow I guess.