Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an experiment while you are waiting

On Chrome, open your Manage Order page, and right click on the page, and click "View Page Source". Then find the keyword "vehicleMapId" on the page and see if you have a value. Think this means that they have already assigned a vehicle for you, even though the VIN is not ready yet. Just a theory that I saw so would like to see what you all are seeing! I see a value there on my page.
I have an 8 digit numeric value, hope this means I have one assigned to me

On Chrome, open your Manage Order page, and right click on the page, and click "View Page Source". Then find the keyword "vehicleMapId" on the page and see if you have a value. Think this means that they have already assigned a vehicle for you, even though the VIN is not ready yet. Just a theory that I saw so would like to see what you all are seeing! I see a value there on my page.
I see a value too. Dunno if it means anything though

@blkgenius - I want to believe your update reg Europe production in China, but so far not a single person has got a VIN in July according to the tracker sheet, so my hopes are going down :-( At the same time, they still haven't changed our EDD from mid July - early August so thats giving me hope as well lol. Maybe they are just going to do it in a batch as someone said here (bundle a range of order dates together and do a bulk VIN drop around July 15)?
You have to be more optimistic than that. To be clear, it’s not my update. I didn’t have any inside knowledge. It was in Tesla’s public Q1 report and mentioned on the shareholder call. Also, I wouldn’t go as far to assume most or even a plurality of Tesla deliveries go into that spreadsheet. TBH, I probably won’t add mine to it, and it’s not because I’m intentionally avoiding it — I just won’t remember. July deliveries do take place, just not at the fervent frequency as end of quarter deliveries.

Reactions: abub

I'm not a coder so I'm not very familiar with that screen, but how far down should I be looking for "vehiclemapid"? I don't see it anywhere.

Interesting, in looking at the source code, i found this line:
1625661421748.png

Which seems to coincide with my delivery date defaulting back to 7-11 weeks.

We'll see what it is later today when a date pops up again.

I also have a vehicle ID assigned to me.

You can also try searching for "EncodedVIN" or "5YJ" in the source code too.

View attachment 682210

yep, I have the same thing for vehicleID and estimatedDeliveryDate

I have “vehiclemapid” on mine but my EDD also went back to 7-11 weeks this morning so does it actually mean anything?
The general consensus seems to be that each morning the logistics/delivery system tries to pull a query on your order in particular. If they get a result, you get a date range. If for whatever reason they don't you get 7-11 weeks. A bunch of us flipped over to that this morning, so it really isn't indicative of anything in particular. I'd be willing to bet most of us will flip back to a date range tomorrow or the day after that.

Reactions: abub and hcdavis3
The general consensus seems to be that each morning the logistics/delivery system tries to pull a query on your order in particular. If they get a result, you get a date range. If for whatever reason they don't you get 7-11 weeks. A bunch of us flipped over to that this morning, so it really isn't indicative of anything in particular. I'd be willing to bet most of us will flip back to a date range tomorrow or the day after that.
Hope you’re right.

View attachment 682210

I saw this yesterday on my page too WHILE i had an actual EDD! Today morning my EDD also went to 7-11 weeks.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and jrmt23