Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, been following this thread for a while and signed up to the call for more squirrels 🐿.

OD 6/22 M3, pickup at Highland park. Current EDD Aug 18 - Sep 7, feeling optimistic as I see folks from 1st and 2nd week of June getting VINs.

06/10 order here, pickup STL. EDD currently 09/19 - 09/30. MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD.

Was at the STL store today. Was told they haven't received/delivered any M3s yet this quarter. Some people who ordered the latter half of May are still waiting. That being said, someone with the same build as me who ordered 06/19 is picking theirs up in the next week or two in Chicago, so could bode well for you! Keep us posted - I'll live vicariously through you all.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Just pulled the trigger here - I locked in a "Christmas COVID" price on a M3LR White/Black/FSD on 12/18/2020 - $1500 less than the current price - and gave to go ahead to order it on 7/8 - got a text yesterday that it will be delivered to my home on 7/19! The sales guy that initially locked me in, said I would have "priority" since I was at the time installing the Tesla Solar Tile Roof in February - and boy was he right!

Reactions: stEVe91941
Realistically, do you think I’ll receive my M3 before the second week of October? I ordered July 1st when the EDD was 7-11 weeks. It took about a week or two when the EDD for putting an order in changed to 11-17 weeks.
With that being said, I am moving in October on the 18th. Will I be safe due to the original EDD that was 7-11 weeks or should I start looking elsewhere for a vehicle? I’ve been a bit anxious hearing how long it’s taken people to receive delivery of theirs, or to even receive a VIN.
Since my delivery location is Nashville I hoped that would be a helpful factor.

Good morning friends.

4:59 a.m. today I received my VIN, via two e-mails from Tesla.

Logged in to my account, accepted Tesla Vision message, and took care of payment.

EDD now says 10-16 weeks but I expect that is nonsense and I should have a delivery date soon. Ideally in the next 11 days before my financing needs another round!

Updating the spreadsheet now.

Good morning friends.

4:59 a.m. today I received my VIN, via two e-mails from Tesla.

Logged in to my account, accepted Tesla Vision message, and took care of payment.

EDD now says 10-16 weeks but I expect that is nonsense and I should have a delivery date soon. Ideally in the next 11 days before my financing needs another round!

Updating the spreadsheet now.
Interesting. I never received an email from Tesla. Seems kinda crazy to have a VIN and make final payment 10 to 16 weeks out. I hope those dates are BS. I have August 3 delivery day and no request for final payment yet. Good luck.

Reactions: tren01t
Interesting. I never received an email from Tesla. Seems kinda crazy to have a VIN and make final payment 10 to 16 weeks out. I hope those dates are BS. I have August 3 delivery day and no request for final payment yet. Good luck.

Thanks!

Both of my e-mails referenced financing (one saying "Model 3 Financed VIN available" and the other "2021 Model 3 Financed Final Payment Ready") so maybe that depends on what you had selected for your payment option?

But yeah, I expect to have an actual delivery date hopefully in the next couple days- feels like now I'm going to refresh that page even more than I was before, which is uh, really healthy!

Thanks!

Both of my e-mails referenced financing (one saying "Model 3 Financed VIN available" and the other "2021 Model 3 Financed Final Payment Ready") so maybe that depends on what you had selected for your payment option?

But yeah, I expect to have an actual delivery date hopefully in the next couple days- feels like now I'm going to refresh that page even more than I was before, which is uh, really healthy!
I think you’re right about final payment, I’m not financing.

Thanks!

Yeah this is odd because I got my VIN on Friday, am financing, and haven’t received an email either. Just saw the VIN on my account page. Hmmm…

So on Friday, I got the vin and first thing in the morning it said 10-16 weeks. Then later in the day it updated two more times and settled on July 24-30. Hasn’t moved since. But no email about payment and no communication to schedule pickup yet.

Oh right- saw your earlier posts about that. Weird how different everyone's experience seems to be.

I see you're also in VA, are you picking up at Tyson's?