Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to a service person over the phone at Tesla. This was the most informative and helpful person i've talked to yet. They actually admitted they had a tool to see an anticipated production date and delivery timeframe. Everyone else that I've talked to up to this point would just say that they know nothing, same as us. They said its showing my car anticipated to be delivered next month, so we will see. Ordered 6/11.

That is very nice you got useful information? Did you call a General hotline or your actual service center? My actual service center / pickup location doesn’t provide anything useful

Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm new to this and only put my order in 10 days ago and have a question about the truthfulness of what I was told by salesperson in the Tesla "store". I told him that I don't want to drive to the only pickup spot in San Diego but I was rejected for home delivery when ordering online. He told me that everyone gets rejected initially but if you live within 35 miles of the delivery center they can try to arrange for home delivery. According to google maps I live 30 miles from the delivery center. Do any of you have any info on the likelihood that I will be able to get home delivery? TIA

Took delivery this morning - everything looks good, only issue is that the rear door handles are a little bit recessed (not flush with the door). Nothing that would prevent me taking delivery, I'll just put in a service ticket and see if they'll fix it. Otherwise she's perfect!
Congratulations. We got the exact same build. My driver side rear door handle is a bit recessed. I put in a service ticket, and they sent out a mobile tech. The mobile tech came this past weekend and told me that I will need to take it into a service center. They said they'll fix it. No problem.

Congratulations. We got the exact same build. My driver side rear door handle is a bit recessed. I put in a service ticket, and they sent out a mobile tech. The mobile tech came this past weekend and told me that I will need to take it into a service center. They said they'll fix it. No problem.
Good to know! Unfortunate that it has to be taken in to have it fixed, but that's kind of what I assumed would be the case. Just happy that they'll fix it. I've submitted a service ticket, they should be out next week to take a look at it.

I'm new to this and only put my order in 10 days ago and have a question about the truthfulness of what I was told by salesperson in the Tesla "store". I told him that I don't want to drive to the only pickup spot in San Diego but I was rejected for home delivery when ordering online. He told me that everyone gets rejected initially but if you live within 35 miles of the delivery center they can try to arrange for home delivery. According to google maps I live 30 miles from the delivery center. Do any of you have any info on the likelihood that I will be able to get home delivery? TIA

Didn't even know this was an option, and am interested to hear more about it.

I assume though it's to your advantage to take delivery at a Tesla location just so you can identify any issues with the car, some of which I assume they can get fixed quickly. Interested to hear impressions from others in this thread that took delivery previously and asked Tesla to fix issues with their car beforehand- how long does that typically take? I can't imagine waiting all this time and having the patience to see your car but not drive home with it.

Not likely. I live in La Mesa and had the same hope. I had to Uber up to Carlsbad to pick it up. I do have to say in retrospect that it was worth it!

EDD pushed another day to the right.

giphy.gif