Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone I finally was able to snag a M3 off the existing inventory which means I had to submit another loan application and this time it was through Wells Fargo.
i selected a specific downpayment amount before submitting my application and once my application was approved they seemed to have increased my downpayment and I’m not sure why. I called my SA and he mentioned that maybe the lender required a specific downpayment and that maybe why they increase it which doesn’t really make sense to me because if I were putting down less money I assume they’ll probably just Increase my APR not money put down.
and full disclosure I put down a $7k down payment and after my loan was approved it’s now showing $11800 not sure if anyone has experienced with this situation also I’m not entirely sure if this is the right board for me to post this so I apologize.
I currently have two orders in my account the first one was a chase approval I put down $8k downpayment and it didn’t change after my approval so not sure why the Wells Fargo one did

Hi everyone I finally was able to snag a M3 off the existing inventory which means I had to submit another loan application and this time it was through Wells Fargo.
i selected a specific downpayment amount before submitting my application and once my application was approved they seemed to have increased my downpayment and I’m not sure why. I called my SA and he mentioned that maybe the lender required a specific downpayment and that maybe why they increase it which doesn’t really make sense to me because if I were putting down less money I assume they’ll probably just Increase my APR not money put down.
and full disclosure I put down a $7k down payment and after my loan was approved it’s now showing $11800 not sure if anyone has experienced with this situation also I’m not entirely sure if this is the right board for me to post this so I apologize.
I currently have two orders in my account the first one was a chase approval I put down $8k downpayment and it didn’t change after my approval so not sure why the Wells Fargo one did
This happened me too. When I had a scheduled delivery date and had to do final online paperwork (this occurs after a delivery date is confirmed), I was able to adjust the downpayment downwards. Of course, the monthly payment went up. I am not sure if this is true, but I believe you have to put enough down payment to cover all taxes and fees (which I did or changed it to).

This happened me too. When I had a scheduled delivery date and had to do final online paperwork (this occurs after a delivery date is confirmed), I was able to adjust the downpayment downwards. Of course, the monthly payment went up. I am not sure if this is true, but I believe you have to put enough down payment to cover all taxes and fees (which I did or changed it to).
Thanks I will check in with SA the downpayment I put down does cover taxes and fees not sure why it increased unless of Wells Fargo does require minimum payment. I haven’t confirmed my payment financing section yet because I’m afraid I won’t be able to change it. I tried changing before confirming but it won’t let me change the downpayment

Thanks I will check in with SA the downpayment I put down does cover taxes and fees not sure why it increased unless of Wells Fargo does require minimum payment. I haven’t confirmed my payment financing section yet because I’m afraid I won’t be able to change it. I tried changing before confirming but it won’t let me change the downpayment
I also used Wells Fargo through Tesla after picking up one from existing inventory.

May I suggest getting trade offers from Vroom and Carvana. My trade to Vroom was about $5K higher than CarMax
Thanks for the info! Before CarMax, I'd already gotten quotes from all those places. Sadly, Vroom was $650 less than CarMax. Carvana beat CarMax by whopping $13 (woooo I could buy some lunch with that!). I should clarify my old car was an ICE Hyundai.

Reactions: blkgenius
I am going to apply also. My June 30 order was about 290 over for a base Lr. Hoping one of the fees won’t count to qualify me.

Directly from the FAQ section of the rebate website, check out the last sub bullet:

1. What is required for a vehicle to be eligible for MOR-EV?
  • The vehicle must be new and manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or its authorized licensee. Vehicles considered new solely for determination of compliance with state emissions standards are not eligible.
  • The vehicle must be on the list of Eligible Vehicles on the date of purchase or lease.
  • The purchase price of the vehicle as reflected on the purchase or lease agreement must be under $50,000.
  • The purchase price will be listed on your purchase agreement as “Total Cash Price” or on the lease agreement as “Agreed Upon Value”, or similar.
    • The purchase price cap of $50,000 refers to the final purchase price of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The purchase price includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not included in the purchase price are destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

Reactions: md81593
Well folks, no clue how this happened, but somehow I am getting my car tomorrow which makes it exactly 3 weeks from order to delivery in SO Cal. July 6-July 27. I live next door to the Marina Del Rey Tesla Service & Delivery center (did that help perhaps?). I can say the day after I uploaded proof of insurance (other car since at the time I had no VIN), everything started happening fast. Decided to go for a purchase over my original lease plans given the residual value is insane. Even if I sell In 3 years, I will still have more equity in the car that I will owe. Just a better personal decision for me, even coming from someone who has leased Mercedes for the last 20 years! Guess I drank The Tesla Kool-Aid as they say!

3 weeks after I placed my order and she did indeed arrive! Welcome Cherry to the family.

Attachments

• 034C5C15-D267-40A0-B5CD-36D429E619EA.jpeg
    034C5C15-D267-40A0-B5CD-36D429E619EA.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 80

Directly from the FAQ section of the rebate website, check out the last sub bullet:

1. What is required for a vehicle to be eligible for MOR-EV?
  • The vehicle must be new and manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or its authorized licensee. Vehicles considered new solely for determination of compliance with state emissions standards are not eligible.
  • The vehicle must be on the list of Eligible Vehicles on the date of purchase or lease.
  • The purchase price of the vehicle as reflected on the purchase or lease agreement must be under $50,000.
  • The purchase price will be listed on your purchase agreement as “Total Cash Price” or on the lease agreement as “Agreed Upon Value”, or similar.
    • The purchase price cap of $50,000 refers to the final purchase price of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The purchase price includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not included in the purchase price are destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

That last bullet point gives me hope. Makes me wonder if the code for "Potential Savings" breakdown is flawed on Tesla's site and is currently taking destination fee into account.

Reactions: PuddleBoston
Where are you guys seeing the estimated date of arrival? I placed by order on 7/22 but don't see anything other than "Prepare for Delivery" at the top of the page with my car.

hmmmm
Get used to it. I ordered 07/13 and saw the generic 10-16 weeks for 2 days, then that went away and now nothing since.