Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recap of my situation thus far:

Ordered 6/30/21
Received a VIN sometime this last week
Scheduled delivery for 7/31/21 today

I've waited 1 full month. my original EDD was 7-11 weeks.

THE SQUIRREL WORKS! CHANGE YOUR PROFILE PICTURES!

2021 Model 3 AWD, White Int & Ext, aero wheels, no fsd.

I'm a bit upset at FedEx for giving my 14-50 adapter the world tour before giving it to me. It was shipped from California last Thursday, arrived in Phoenix over this last weekend, then decided to make it's ******* way to Pennsylvania! At least it's making its way back. Slowly. I've never had such a terrible package delivery experience before. Customer service was just as bad.
Whew I wish I had your experience, that would be wonderful about now hehe. Congrats! Hope you love it.

Congrats! You got lucky with such an early VIN and delivery!

Whew I wish I had your experience, that would be wonderful about now hehe. Congrats! Hope you love it.

Thank you! I'm not sure what I did to deserve that VIN so soon but I'm glad I don't have to worry about going over my 60 day pre-approval.

I did fill out everything I could immediately after ordering the car. That could've maybe put me higher on the priority list? Not sure but I hope you all get your cars soon! If anything, know that my fulfillment could mean you all get yours much earlier than expected!

Does anyone here have any experience in picking an inventory car? How does that process work? Do i "buy" that inventory car and then message my SA to cancel my old order?
I bought a inventory. It was the same spec as mine so I just ordered it and paid the $100 order fee. Then I called tesla and asked them to either transfer my finance to the new order or move the vin to the old order. They moved the vin to the old order.

Recap of my situation thus far:

Ordered 6/30/21
Received a VIN sometime this last week
Scheduled delivery for 7/31/21 today

I've waited 1 full month. my original EDD was 7-11 weeks.

THE SQUIRREL WORKS! CHANGE YOUR PROFILE PICTURES!

2021 Model 3 AWD, White Int & Ext, aero wheels, no fsd.

I'm a bit upset at FedEx for giving my 14-50 adapter the world tour before giving it to me. It was shipped from California last Thursday, arrived in Phoenix over this last weekend, then decided to make it's ******* way to Pennsylvania! At least it's making its way back. Slowly.
OK, I'll try anything.... now I'm the praying squirrel...

If I could add a squirrel avatar I would.

Like everyone else I don’t see an expected delivery date. I ordered on July 7. Great to see this thread so I can track roughly where I’m at.

I definitely wasn’t stoked to learn of the possibility of needing to run another credit check to get re-approved if they take too long.

If I could add a squirrel avatar I would.

Like everyone else I don’t see an expected delivery date. I ordered on July 7. Great to see this thread so I can track roughly where I’m at.

I definitely wasn’t stoked to learn of the possibility of needing to run another credit check to get re-approved if they take too long.
If you can figure out where you stand based on this thread, please share with us your algorithm, because from what I can see it is all over the place! LOL

Hey there folks I have a inventory reservation for a Black LR AWD that's in Texas that I don't need anymore. If anyone on here wants then I'm happy to work on getting it transfered to you...First come first serve. Would just ask that you reimburse me for the 100 bucks I put down since Tesla won't refund me...build details below.
Capture+_2021-07-29-15-18-28.png

I bought a inventory. It was the same spec as mine so I just ordered it and paid the $100 order fee. Then I called tesla and asked them to either transfer my finance to the new order or move the vin to the old order. They moved the vin to the old order.
wow lucky you. My SA refused to transfer vin to old order. He says whatever thats on inventory is what I have to pay even though the spec and configurations are the same. I just wish tesla will get their *sugar* together and have the same rules across the board. I chatted with few people on the tesla chat box they said i couldnt do a transfer so i called my SA and he said i couldnt either

wow lucky you. My SA refused to transfer vin to old order. He says whatever thats on inventory is what I have to pay even though the spec and configurations are the same. I just wish tesla will get their *sugar* together and have the same rules across the board. I chatted with few people on the tesla chat box they said i couldnt do a transfer so i called my SA and he said i couldnt either
Maybe it depends on demand.. Sucks though.
At which point do you get a SA assigned to you ?

Is there a definitive answer as to whether or not changing your order impacts your EDD? I noticed that once I upgraded from an SR+, my EDD disappeared and has yet to make an appearance since.

I'm taking delivery and registering in NJ, so I'm also closely watching the rebate $ left...

Is there a definitive answer as to whether or not changing your order impacts your EDD? I noticed that once I upgraded from an SR+, my EDD disappeared and has yet to make an appearance since.

I'm taking delivery and registering in NJ, so I'm also closely watching the rebate $ left...
My original order 5/22 was for a M3P, I made the swap to a SR+ on 7/12. My EDD did extend two weeks, it took about a day for it to change/pop up.

My take from it is that changing config can definitely change EDD. If you changed your config to a more back ordered trim then yes your EDD is going to increase.

It does seem like your original order date still takes precedence for priority.