Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, I've been diligently stalking this forum daily for the last 2 months... Here's my order: 5/28, confirmed insurance 6/2. White/White/19's. Orlando. No VIN yet, no responses from my SA in Orlando. EDD keeps pushing 1 day to the right. Today it's at 8/18-8/30. I saw another Orlandonian who ordered almost 1 month after me get a VIN yesterday. 2 weeks ago I saw my exact build on existing inventory in Orlando, tried to buy it but was beat out by someone else. Starting to get a little impatient as we near the 11th week of my promised 3-11 weeks at order....
I was hoping that posting here would generate Andrew The Squirrel to magically assign me a VIN.

Ouch... thats a nasty one. Seen a few April orders around here too. I also haven't heard anything from my SA - as soon as I ordered the dude just blanked lmao, typical sales. Fingers crossed!

Alright, I've been diligently stalking this forum daily for the last 2 months... Here's my order: 5/28, confirmed insurance 6/2. White/White/19's. Orlando. No VIN yet, no responses from my SA in Orlando. EDD keeps pushing 1 day to the right. Today it's at 8/18-8/30. I saw another Orlandonian who ordered almost 1 month after me get a VIN yesterday. 2 weeks ago I saw my exact build on existing inventory in Orlando, tried to buy it but was beat out by someone else. Starting to get a little impatient as we near the 11th week of my promised 3-11 weeks at order....
I was hoping that posting here would generate Andrew The Squirrel to magically assign me a VIN.

hey man the orlandonian is me lol

My specs are white/black/19s/no fsd. Order date is 6/21 so 3 weeks after you and I received my VIN yesterday.

one thing I noticed is that if your start dates begin pushing to the right while your end date stays the same that’s a good sign. Mine was doing that until there was a 1 week window and that’s when I got the VIN.

Based on your dates of 8/18-8/30, it should keep pushing to the right for another week before you see a VIN. I hope you gets yours sooner and we both can pick it up on the same day, good luck man.

hey man the orlandonian is me lol

My specs are white/black/19s/no fsd. Order date is 6/21 so 3 weeks after you and I received my VIN yesterday.

one thing I noticed is that if your start dates begin pushing to the right while your end date stays the same that’s a good sign. Mine was doing that until there was a 1 week window and that’s when I got the VIN.

Based on your dates of 8/18-8/30, it should keep pushing to the right for another week before you see a VIN. I hope you gets yours sooner and we both can pick it up on the same day, good luck man.
Here's hoping!! I heard a rumor that they always produce black interior first and then the white. . . or maybe I'm telling myself that so I feel less frustrated :)

Same, I order 5/29 from south Florida M3LR white/white with aero wheels and no FSD. Still, no Vin and currently don't have an EDD. It's super frustrating but I wish us the best!

OMG people - if you are using Geico for insurance as I have - FOREVER and haven't shopped around - you need to do it. The quote for my M3 with $1,000 deductible was $1111.60 for 6 months!!!! Progressive for the same coverage was $294!! Seriously wow.

That's the same quote they gave me, let me know what else you find because I'm shopping around too. A friend of mine said state farm gave him the best quote ($200/month)

Hey all,

After mulling around for a few months trying to find a decent CPO I've decided to buy a 2021 M3 awd considering the price between two years old and 50k on it was so small, can't wait -- delivery tentatively says November, is that usually fairly accurate or could it be sooner or later?
Well…if you just barely bought it, you’re looking at November because they seem to have sold out for Q3…

I’m hoping that blank EDD means preparation for manufacturing. I think the pattern is Tesla rotates from east to west coast periodically since all of overseas (except for Canada and Mexico) cars are built in China.

We saw some VINs from east cost yesterday, hoping Midwest is next 🤞.

Someone mentioned that Illinois is the hub for much of Midwest area, that might explain Illinois and neighboring states are blank.

Just got a reply from Tesla here in Ohio about my order. 7/4 order, EDD initially 7-11 weeks and then blank for the rest of July till yesterday and now today where it reads November. I asked what’s the status to see if they have anymore insight. This is their response.

Attachments

• E3AFE916-4B36-4581-B81A-3327E876A9A3.jpeg
    E3AFE916-4B36-4581-B81A-3327E876A9A3.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: jrmt23
So I was in a store this weekend to take home a car for an overnight test drive. I asked them to look on there side of things. They looked up something that was referred to as a soft site, I believe. The soft site had my vehicle listed as finishing the build for October 8th, shipped and ready for pickup October 23rd. They insisted that this is all soft dates and they are actually not even supposed to show this to customers. My EDD is still listed as November but I believe that this is all just Tesla trying to overshoot. I am actually hoping to get lucky and not have to wait until the end of October! LOL