Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
99B6F400-FA47-4D07-903A-8F4FDF587FDC.jpeg

Well we now officially have a appointment! It’s been a wild 2 months of ups and downs but I can finally stop refreshing the damn page haha. Big thank you to everyone here who provided support and information through this whole thing. I wish everyone good luck! One last post on pick up and then my work here is done. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out :)

View attachment 696840
Well we now officially have a appointment! It’s been a wild 2 months of ups and downs but I can finally stop refreshing the damn page haha. Big thank you to everyone here who provided support and information through this whole thing. I wish everyone good luck! One last post on pick up and then my work here is done. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out :)
Nice! Congrats. Based off that I assume mine will be there around Aug 27th :D

Reactions: Gtp618 and GasWho
Took delivery of my M3 and visually everything looked amazing. I was quite thorough going around the outside and inside of the car. Paint looks great. Panel gaps are perfect. HOWEVER - Learn from my mistake. If you can, test out your mobile connector/charger (included with the Tesla) at the dealer before going home. I could not get my car to charge with the mobile connector at home or at a friend's house. Charges fine at the supercharger. Busted out the multimeter and the adapter is fine. Must be something wrong with the AC to DC converter or cable itself. I was only getting 2 VDC output. Off to the service center on Monday to hopefully get this straightened out.

Took delivery of my M3 and visually everything looked amazing. I was quite thorough going around the outside and inside of the car. Paint looks great. Panel gaps are perfect. HOWEVER - Learn from my mistake. If you can, test out your mobile connector/charger (included with the Tesla) at the dealer before going home. I could not get my car to charge with the mobile connector at home or at a friend's house. Charges fine at the supercharger. Busted out the multimeter and the adapter is fine. Must be something wrong with the AC to DC converter or cable itself. I was only getting 2 VDC output. Off to the service center on Monday to hopefully get this straightened out.
the included cable does not covert AC to DC. There is an internal adapter in the car. The superchargers convert the AC to DC to provide the fast charging.. Im hoping you dont have a bigger issue with the internal adapter.

Where do you currently see existing inventory? I know it’s on the Tesla website but always shows up empty for my zip

I just snagged a M3LR and was able to do so using a discord server that tracks/posts existing inventory before it even hits the tesla website by 10-30 seconds. It took me a few days of 'close monitoring' to find exactly the model/color/trim/wheel combo I was looking for but now I'm going to be picking up my Tesla today instead of (maybe) some time in October...

Here's the discord link, run and moderated by a user on here who just snagged their own Tesla M3 earlier today :)

So, just scheduled my delivery. Assuming all goes well I pick up this Tuesday.
Order date: July 2nd
VIN: August 14th
Delivery Date: August 17th

When I originally ordered delivery was 7-11 weeks. Looks like I’ll have my car in hand just after 6 weeks. Now it’s time to worry about panel gaps and all the fun inspection stuff we gotta do.

When I originally ordered delivery was 7-11 weeks. Looks like I’ll have my car in hand just after 6 weeks. Now it’s time to worry about panel gaps and all the fun inspection stuff we gotta do.
Panel gap issues are hopefully a thing of the past. Also, one benefit of the current chip shortages is that vehicles are being manufactured at a slower and presumably more careful pace!

Congrats! That's a quick turnaround from VIN to delivery!