Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car currently en route to Chicago via train. Truck expected to arrive in STL 08/29. Was told to expect delivery 08/31-09/02. I should have asked if I could borrow one of the many (plastic-wrapped) Plaids in the lot until then. No envy here...

If anyone here has taken delivery of a Tesla recently in MO, please DM me - I have a question.

it will change, dont worry, welcome to EDD HELL
LOL, this is the most appropriate subtitle for this thread!

My EDD moved slightly to the left and is now 9/1 - 9/17 since Wednesday. It feels like a placeholder, so I'm not too excited about it.
September 2 - September 17.
I'm thinking our cars will be produced in the same batch. The end date is less than a month away, but they way the EDDs are moving, it feels pretty far away.

Hopefully we'll enter the post-VIN phase in the next few days!!

Car currently en route to Chicago via train. Truck expected to arrive in STL 08/29. Was told to expect delivery 08/31-09/02. I should have asked if I could borrow one of the many (plastic-wrapped) Plaids in the lot until then. No envy here...

If anyone here has taken delivery of a Tesla recently in MO, please DM me - I have a question.
How do you know the location of the car?

Tesla doesn’t do model years. You’ll see people referring to 2021 M3s because of the refresh.
They do make significant changes every few years, like in 2021. Doesn't that happen around this time of the year?
For the future, any M3 manufactured in 2021 is a 2021 M3 whether it was made on 1/1 or 12/31? That would make sense, even if it doesn't match what other car makers do. I just wasn't aware of it.

Can we turn it off?
Being a safety feature, they might make it very hard to turn off, but it would be cool to be able to customize it.

I do see how that could be a problem for Tesla too, having people putting customized sounds/noises that do not serve the safety purpose well.

Just to make sure the noise you hear is the Tesla backup noise, this video plays the sound at the 4:05 mark

How do you know the location of the car?

I live near Tesla STL, stopped by on my way home from work. I just asked the SA who was working. Once you have a VIN they can (or are permitted to) give you more information. I then spent an hour trying to find a site that lets you track trains from point A to B, much like a flight tracker. I was unsuccessful 😂

I live near Tesla STL, stopped by on my way home from work. I just asked the SA who was working. Once you have a VIN they can (or are permitted to) give you more information. I then spent an hour trying to find a site that lets you track trains from point A to B, much like a flight tracker. I was unsuccessful 😂
Similarly when I stoped by my Tesla location yesterday they were able to tell me that the truck my car was on was 5hrs away and they even knew that the truck driver couldn't drive anymore for the day.