Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been with State Farm for years and the policy on my Audi S4 was about $100/mo. I shopped around quite a bit and other companies had higher rates with a lot less coverage and much higher deductibles. I've been driving for about 20 years with a clean record, and my premium increased by about $20/mo for the same coverage. I would definitely get a quote from them as they seem to be one of the better ones for Tesla.

Bodily Injury Coverage
Limit Per Accident $300,000
Limit Per Person $100,000

Property Damage Coverage
Limit Per Accident $100,000

Comprehensive Coverage
Deductible $250

Collision Coverage
Deductible $250

Uninsured/Underinsured Motor Vehicle Coverage
Limit Per Person $100,000
Limit Per Accident $300,000

Personal Injury Protection Coverage
Aggregate Limit $10,000

Car Rental/Travel Expenses Coverage
Limit Per Occurrence $1,200
Limit Per Day $50
I did quote them but they were quite a bit higher for me (not even close to as bad as Geico though). I’m a younger guy so that may be part of it. I’ve got full coverage (similar to yours but with a few less options like no rental coverage) on the Tesla and my old Chevy truck at around $125 a month through progressive.

State Farm was the first other company I thought to quote since my parents use them and are very happy with their experience.

Definitely looks like the classic end-of-quarter dance I remember from my MY: all the new VINs look like east of the Mississippi, so those of us in CA prob still have a few weeks to wait. (Ordered and finalized 7/5, M3LR/red/white/Aeros/noFSD, EDD been sitting at Aug 25-Sept 14 for the last 10+ days, SA says “sounds about right” FWIW ;), my personal estimate is delivery on Sept 10).

If any of you guys have Geico, you might shop around for insurance. I was quoted a massive increase through Geico (3-4X my current rate) while Progressive was actually cheaper than what I’m paying now with my old car.
Yep same happened with me here in NJ. Geico w/ my 2015 Mazda 3 been 100/month for the 6 odd years I've owned it. Quoted me like 140/month for the M3 LR (and would be getting rid of the Mazda) while Progressive was 85/month for the same coverage. Ended up going with Progressive.

Who is the advisor. I’ve never received a call or a non auto generated email.
Wait... You've never received an email from an advisor? I technically have an advisor, but he's always "out of the office" for days at a time. Never there when I actually need to call. Right now he's out until next Thursday, but I've at least gotten that first email from him after my order was received. You might want to call your closest delivery center/showroom and ask for information. That's the only way I usually get assistance. If you call the number it will send your through the automated phone system rabbit-hole. Call and select Vehicles and then Sales.

Great timing on the auto insurance posts since I needed to check into that. Got online quotes quickly from State Farm and Progressive since we're currently with Geico. State Farm is competitive but Progessive appears to be the least expensive, even after I adjust coverages a bit between cars. Ages ago I was with Liberty Mutual and their online quote tool doesn't even list the Model 3, only the Y. 🤷‍♂️
Now to see what Geico can do...

Reactions: moyism
Definitely looks like the classic end-of-quarter dance I remember from my MY: all the new VINs look like east of the Mississippi, so those of us in CA prob still have a few weeks to wait. (Ordered and finalized 7/5, M3LR/red/white/Aeros/noFSD, EDD been sitting at Aug 25-Sept 14 for the last 10+ days, SA says “sounds about right” FWIW ;), my personal estimate is delivery on Sept 10).
Damn East Coasters and flat landers.

• Funny
Reactions: moyism
How did you manage to do that? I'm also in CO and looking to do the same. Have a LR on order with EDD of 9/9-9/29 but called my advisor and he said it's more likely to be in December...
I used the discord server that’s been mentioned. Extremely helpful—my EDD just kept pushing out with no communication so I just said screw it. The specs were the same except wheels, but it was a bit more expensive with the transportation cost.

Wait... You've never received an email from an advisor? I technically have an advisor, but he's always "out of the office" for days at a time. Never there when I actually need to call. Right now he's out until next Thursday, but I've at least gotten that first email from him after my order was received. You might want to call your closest delivery center/showroom and ask for information. That's the only way I usually get assistance. If you call the number it will send your through the automated phone system rabbit-hole. Call and select Vehicles and then Sales.
Got the day changed to August 31st. No issues at all with the change. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: hsinclair
Picking up in 3 days and no indication of doing agreements or paying. I called and they hung up on me..
That’s weird. Once I had my delivery scheduled (1.5 weeks out), could pay immediately. I did do loan thru one of Tesla’s vendors FYI so ACH payment which went through fine.

I believe final agreements you can’t review til 24 hrs out of your pickup/delivery day no?