Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lingerer. There likely isn’t anyone here on the fence about ordering or owning, but for anyone who needs to hear this- everything good you’ve heard and read is true. Believe it. Picking up in Indy in a week, test drove a LR M3 in Grand Rapids last night. The memory of putting the pedal down and rocketing across paved earth with haunt my brain for years to come. Get one. It’s unlink anything you’ll ever feel.

Ordered 7/22 and had a range of September 9th through 30th UNTIL today.

This morning got super pushed back to Oct 17th to Nov 16th

LR AWD BLK w. White interior no rims.
What was your estimate when you ordered?

In my experience, EDDs can shift quite a bit to the right for a day or two and then shift back. Now if your original estimate was "November" then maybe the new EDD is correct.

That really stinks, I am hoping that it is readjusted soon. Maybe it's because you didn't order rims and their code is trying to figure out how to deliver it? 😄

Not rubbing it in but my LR with black interior and 18s EDD moved from Oct. 15th - Nov. 14th to Sept. 10 to Sept. 30th yesterday. Totally not expected. The only thing that makes sense is that they had a cancelled reservation and my config matched. Happy but there seems a weird algorithm that calculates the EDD daily. The white interiors seem to take longer from what I am gathering. Maybe that's the issue for you. If there is a white material bottleneck somewhere, it could wreak havoc on everyone's orders.

My pickup window shifted to today through Sunday earlier this morning. Then got the message to set the delivery day/time but only day available is Monday the 30th. Checked with my advisor and others at Tesla and even though my car is there and should be ready, they are too full with other pickups to get me in on Saturday. So, I'll get a ride to the train station in Milwaukee noon on Monday, take the train down to near the Tesla location in Highland Park and uber/lyft to Tesla. This is all really dumb and I can't forget a big, sarcastic THANK YOU to the State of Wisconsin for having a ridiculous law outlawing manufacturer direct auto sales in this state. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!
That said, it's hopefully only a minor inconvenience and I'm still hyped to get the car very soon!

Reactions: moyism