Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things are looking good. Got my VIN yesterday and today I scheduled a delivery for 9/6. Oddly enough I didn’t have the option to pick it up despite that being the only choice when I ordered.

Ordered 7/31, blue ext, black int, sport wheels
Things are looking good. Got my VIN yesterday and today I scheduled a delivery for 9/6. Oddly enough I didn’t have the option to pick it up despite that being the only choice when I ordered.

Ordered 7/31, blue ext, black int, sport wheels
so are they delivering the car to you? I was notified today to schedule pick up in Plano on the 6th,7th or 8th. I need it delivered because I’m out of town until the 11th. I never was contacted by a Service Advisor so I’m going to call tomorrow to see if they can accommodate me. If not, I guess it will get released to inventory. I wonder how much longer of a wait I would have to endure to get another vehicle.

I ordered 7/22, same as you. Blue, black, sport wheels.

Delivery success yesterday. Was in and out in 30 mins including inspecting car. Found no issues, panels good, paint is perfect. Interior spotless. Apparently my 6 y/o has a need for speed. He wants us to take it everywhere now. Experienced our first thrill of Tesla “acceleration.” We are in awe of this car and love it. Plugged into Telsa Wall Charger last night. Took about 25 mins to go from 71% to 80% limit.

Here is to the speedy delivery of a quality M3 to everyone waiting. You won’t be disappointed!

Attachments

• EE38EE5C-B546-41BE-9C8A-D568DDC125B0.jpeg
    EE38EE5C-B546-41BE-9C8A-D568DDC125B0.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 70
Delivery success yesterday. Was in and out in 30 mins including inspecting car. Found no issues, panels good, paint is perfect. Interior spotless. Apparently my 6 y/o has a need for speed. He wants us to take it everywhere now. Experienced our first thrill of Tesla “acceleration.” We are in awe of this car and love it. Plugged into Telsa Wall Charger last night. Took about 25 mins to go from 71% to 80% limit.

Here is to the speedy delivery of a quality M3 to everyone waiting. You won’t be disappointed!
I love it! It is my same configuration as well. Thanks for boosting my hopes up for a quick second half of the wait time. I can not wait to take delivery!

I am also hoping the price of my current car holds steady over the next few weeks. I don't want to sell it too early and be left without a car for weeks while waiting, but at the same time I don't want to wait too long and watch the price drop.

Originally scheduled 08/30 18:00 CDT for delivery. Knew the car arrived in STL on Fri 08/27 and found her on the lot - manufactured 08/18, same day I got my VIN. Monday is supposed to pour rain/storm all day so called first thing Saturday upon store opening and asked if I could take delivery same-day. As everything was ready minus detailing, I received an updated 15:00 pick-up time. Email at 11:30 said it was ready and I officially accepted delivery at 13:33. All told, I first reserved pre-unveil 1979 days prior, but was unable to complete an order due to country-hopping for work. Finally was able to pull the trigger 06/10 and 80 grueling days later the wait is over.

Car looked great on walk-around. Panel gaps were mint. Some residue from the plastic wrap (probably due to rushed detailing) and recessed rear handles others have mentioned too (easy mobile service fix). Some oddities with the rubber around the driver's and right-rear doors but I probably am not going to worry about those. Lots of Plaids being delivered, but sadly nobody wanted to trade. Pic on delivery day and the final EDD timeline plot below. Good luck all.

View attachment 702970
View attachment 702971
What a roller coaster ride for you. Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: FrozenExplorer
I took delivery of my Model 3 Long Range yesterday - pic attached.

For the "record", here are the major events of the ordering process (indicated days are relative to the order date).

Order placed: 06/26/2021 (website stated delivery at that time was +49 days to +77 days; "7-11 weeks")
VIN received: +47 days
Delivery: +63 days
Number of EDD changes: 36 (including 6 times the EDD reverted to the then website stated delivery for a new order)

Now I’m off to the Model Y waiting Room.

Attachments

• PicA.jpg
    PicA.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 58
Just a week into my wait but….is the acceleration boost a no brainer that everybody does, or do some think that 4.2 is fast enough?
I just did a 30 MPH to 80 MPH full acceleration in my 1-day old Model 3 Long Range and it was a thrill without the Acceleration Boost. But I'm getting the AB anyway!

I took delivery of my Model 3 Long Range yesterday - pic attached.

For the "record", here are the major events of the ordering process (indicated days are relative to the order date).

Order placed: 06/26/2021 (website stated delivery at that time was +49 days to +77 days; "7-11 weeks")
VIN received: +47 days
Delivery: +63 days
Number of EDD changes: 36 (including 6 times the EDD reverted to the then website stated delivery for a new order)

Now I’m off to the Model Y waiting Room.
Would love to see some more side profile pics of the rims with the caps

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
so are they delivering the car to you? I was notified today to schedule pick up in Plano on the 6th,7th or 8th. I need it delivered because I’m out of town until the 11th. I never was contacted by a Service Advisor so I’m going to call tomorrow to see if they can accommodate me. If not, I guess it will get released to inventory. I wonder how much longer of a wait I would have to endure to get another vehicle.

Yeah

Yeah it’s getting delivered next Monday, 4-6. I don’t know what their delivery area looks like but if they’re coming to Denton I can’t imagine they wouldn’t be able to deliver over there.

I actually went to Fremont to inspect the car today. It was perfect other than the front hood a little misaligned. I’m having them deliver it to my house on Tuesday and then scheduling that service appt right away. There were no other white/white M3. Saw a bunch white/black, blues and reds. Surprisingly a bunch of Plaid S.

I'm looking at the VIN tracking sheet and it looks like the VIN series are already into the 50XXX for 3 LR's. All the inventory cars that popped up in our area have been 3258/3254 according to the link so I assume that is 3258X and 3254X. Are these a few months old?

I'm looking at the VIN tracking sheet and it looks like the VIN series are already into the 50XXX for 3 LR's. All the inventory cars that popped up in our area have been 3258/3254 according to the link so I assume that is 3258X and 3254X. Are these a few months old?
Oh nvm, looked at the tracker again and I guess this corresponds to early August builds and likely just arrived.

Just a week into my wait which started with my OD of 08/23. It’s only 8:10 AM and I’ve checked 3x already today, knowing I’m probably still a few weeks away from the magic. EDD has been a constant of 09/19-09/30.

Currently driving a 19 Infiniti Q50 AWD sport. You’d think I’d be ok with that, right? I mean, 0-60 in 5.2 is pretty good, right?