Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have also hit the front window several times and am currently on the window sill (i.e. today's date is my EDD starting date). OD: 7/9 EDD: 8/30-9/10 no VIN
I'm in a similar boat with a Southern California M3 LR AWD MSM ext, black int, 18" aeros, AP order from 6/27. I hit the beginning of my EDD on 8/31 and currently have a 12 day window. I attended a Tesla orientation at the delivery center this past Sunday and they said it means I have been "soft matched" and that "good things should happen within two weeks." I'm guessing that means my EDD will narrow to a week and I'll get a VIN? 🙏🐿️

So I've got delivery right around the corner, and I've completed every last step that's expected of me in my account, including payment.

Right now I'm curious when the "Payment" step will get a checkmark so my account can finally move on to delivery.

1630477119771.png

What are your order details and location? I ordered 8/22 but mine still shows Nov-Dec time frame.
M3 Dual LR. Blue/Black. 18” wheels. No FSD. Long Island, NY. Pickup Brooklyn. It changed the day after I accepted the terms of the loan and started the 60 Day clock on the terms. No idea if that’s what triggered it or it was the opening up of manufacturing due to SR FLP batteries or something completely unrelated to either but I’m glad it changed.

It’s a sad day guys… yesterday Tesla called me and said my car hasn’t arrived yet in MA yet and pushed my delivery date till next week. Crossing my fingers that it’ll arrive a bit earlier than scheduled

Be thankful that you have a VIN and a delivery date though. I know last year with my MY i had to pester my service center to even look to match me with something. Wondering if I'm going to end up doing the same thing this year with my M3

So I've got delivery right around the corner, and I've completed every last step that's expected of me in my account, including payment.

Right now I'm curious when the "Payment" step will get a checkmark so my account can finally move on to delivery.

View attachment 703933
I don't think the other 2 steps ever trigger. I'm picking up today in 3 hours and mine looks the same as yours. I've talked to 2 different sales associates at the store and they both said everything looks good (payment, agreements, tradein).

Reactions: jrmt23
I wonder how many other cars from all of the manufacturers also have these issues. I think we all put our Tesla's under a microscope. For good reason. I dont think I've ever surveyed another vehicle so closely but will going forward. Genuinely curious
I agree. I have purchased 8-9 new cars in my life. Not even once have I put one under this type of microscope. Had several of them over 5-6 years and no issues. But, I will look everything over thoroughly just for good measure.
Not arguing any point, just my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: DrIvan
I'm in a similar boat with a Southern California M3 LR AWD MSM ext, black int, 18" aeros, AP order from 6/27. I hit the beginning of my EDD on 8/31 and currently have a 12 day window. I attended a Tesla orientation at the delivery center this past Sunday and they said it means I have been "soft matched" and that "good things should happen within two weeks." I'm guessing that means my EDD will narrow to a week and I'll get a VIN? 🙏🐿️
My EDD just narrowed further to 9/4-9/12

Reactions: Vincent T
My current EDD range is 9/12-9/22, however since this is going to be super early (current lease doesn't expire until Feb-22) I'm looking to delay.

I could probably do some back-of-the-napkin math to get an unreliable guesstimate, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Assuming I tell my SA to let this one go and put my order on hold, when would I need him to order again so that I can take delivery in November? I don't mind some overlap with two cars, but 5 months is a lot.

Yes, I realize there are a lot of variables with parts and a lot can change between now and then...but who's up for some guessing since I've got plenty of time to wait.

7/19 Bay Area order. Had 31 August - 20 September for the past two weeks.

Updated today to 7 Sept - 27 September. I know I’m a Bay Area order and it’ll be end of quarter but damn.

Ironically, I’m in Louisiana for the next week for post-Ida ops. So it’s probably a good thing. But...I want my car!

Reactions: MorgansRun
I don't think the other 2 steps ever trigger. I'm picking up today in 3 hours and mine looks the same as yours. I've talked to 2 different sales associates at the store and they both said everything looks good (payment, agreements, tradein).
Same here for me, @Schmozy . I e-mailed Tesla about it yesterday and shortly after my e-mail I got this text message from them.

1630512046177.png

Reactions: DrIvan