Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 LR
Ordered 7/16
Pearl White / Black interior / No FSD
North Carolina
VIN assigned 8/17. EDD 8/30 - 9/5
On 8/24, assigned delivery date of 9/4
Delivered 9/4
PXL_20210904_214653356.jpg

9/5 - Tint
9/6 - H&R drop springs

So my scheduled delivery date has been 9/6 for about a week or so now. I called in the past and was told that my M3 was scheduled to be delivered to the SC on 9/3 (yesterday). I just received a text from Tesla that my delivery date has been updated to 9/9 as they're "experiencing some small logistics delays at this time." Does this really mean that after inspecting my car they found an issue and need time to repair it?? Anyone have a similar experience?

Reactions: Giavid
So my scheduled delivery date has been 9/6 for about a week or so now. I called in the past and was told that my M3 was scheduled to be delivered to the SC on 9/3 (yesterday). I just received a text from Tesla that my delivery date has been updated to 9/9 as they're "experiencing some small logistics delays at this time." Does this really mean that after inspecting my car they found an issue and need time to repair it?? Anyone have a similar experience?
I got the same text yesterday. I was also scheduled for pick up at the SC in Plano on the 6th. Now changed until the 9th. I’m thinking the transport truck must have been delayed.

Reactions: thinktwice
Hey Everyone! Looking for your advise on the email I received this morning - please see attached. Is this a good time for me to enter the payment details and start financing process? I have been holding off because I wasn’t sure if I’m 30 days out from deliver or not.I did not want to have to do another credit check if it was further out. What has your experience been?

Attachments

• 0BB66627-9CF3-4319-969E-62554A66E8D3.jpeg
    0BB66627-9CF3-4319-969E-62554A66E8D3.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 55
Darn it. EDD not only shifted back again but the window increased again. They are really stringing the CA folk along. At this rate, the car will be "end-of-quarter special". LR / Red / Black / 19" / No FSD.

OD: 7/11

EDD:
  • 8/18 - 9/4
  • 8/21 - 9/4
  • 8/29 - 9/18
  • 9/1 - 9/18
  • 9/4 - 9/18
  • 9/7 - 9/25 (just updated this morning)

Hey Everyone! Looking for your advise on the email I received this morning - please see attached. Is this a good time for me to enter the payment details and start financing process? I have been holding off because I wasn’t sure if I’m 30 days out from deliver or not.I did not want to have to do another credit check if it was further out. What has your experience been?
Yes I would complete the payment/financing info. It looks like you’re close. I waited two weeks to complete financing and it looks like it will work out perfectly (under 60 days from approval to delivery).

So, I completed my finance application and was approved. Now I see the page where its requesting me to upload insurance information but I dont have a VIN yet.

Question - Which page will I see the VIN on when one is assigned to me? is it on the account home page or this same page where I have the next steps listed out? Also, will I receive an email when a VIN is assigned?

Appreciate all your help! Thanks in advance.

So, I completed my finance application and was approved. Now I see the page where its requesting me to upload insurance information but I dont have a VIN yet.

Question - Which page will I see the VIN on when one is assigned to me? is it on the account home page or this same page where I have the next steps listed out? Also, will I receive an email when a VIN is assigned?

Appreciate all your help! Thanks in advance.
You should be able to upload a copy of your current vehicles insurance for now. I have done this, and it gives you an option to replace the insurance document at a later date so it's not an issue and I have seen it recommended on posts here. I do not know if it helps to get your VIN sooner, but I am sure it does not hurt. I got my first estimated delivery date a day or two after I uploaded my current insurance. You will see the VIN right on that page, and should also receive an email. It will allow you to set up delivery soon thereafter.

You should be able to upload a copy of your current vehicles insurance for now. I have done this, and it gives you an option to replace the insurance document at a later date so it's not an issue and I have seen it recommended on posts here. I do not know if it helps to get your VIN sooner, but I am sure it does not hurt. I got my first estimated delivery date a day or two after I uploaded my current insurance. You will see the VIN right on that page, and should also receive an email. It will allow you to set up delivery soon thereafter.
Got it, I have uploaded my current insurance document following your advise. Thank you!!

Darn it. EDD not only shifted back again but the window increased again. They are really stringing the CA folk along. At this rate, the car will be "end-of-quarter special". LR / Red / Black / 19" / No FSD.

OD: 7/11

EDD:
  • 8/18 - 9/4
  • 8/21 - 9/4
  • 8/29 - 9/18
  • 9/1 - 9/18
  • 9/4 - 9/18
  • 9/7 - 9/25 (just updated this morning)
Us CA folks have it the worst. 6/16 order date. EDD 9/14-9/30. No VIN. Although I did get invited to a Tesla pre-delivery workshop yesterday, so at least they still know I exist.