Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally ordered a model 3 LR AWD stock and white yesterday after debating waiting for an Audi or some SUV. but I realized as a single guy with a small dog I don’t really need an SUV and the 3 looks slick and Tesla’s are great for a tech nerd like me

anyway, I got my VIN within hours and delivery estimate changed from November to sept 18-24! How exciting! Ohio here.
Yea congrats. I kinda thought I wanted an Audi S4 but after test driving the M3 LR, along with the thought of the 2K acceleration boost….now I can’t wait to unload my 0-60 in 5.2 Infiniti TURTLE!

Also did anyone do anything with the insurance beforehand. My state needs a VIN so I should have to wait for that. I just want to make sure there isn't anything to do beforehand that might hold up the process. I'm assuming not though.

I added my current insurance just for kicks. You can always swap it out before delivery. After seeing everyone who ordered white getting vins within hours...I'm super tempted to switch and just get mine wrapped...however, my luck it would just push back my EDD.

Reactions: chocolateshark
Also did anyone do anything with the insurance beforehand. My state needs a VIN so I should have to wait for that. I just want to make sure there isn't anything to do beforehand that might hold up the process. I'm assuming not though.
There have a been a few folks earlier in this thread that indicated it is only a validation check before you pick up, some didn't update their insurance information on the site until the day of delivery and it didn't seem to have an impact. I figure I'll add GLaDOS to the insurance after I sell my current car next week.

I finally ordered a model 3 LR AWD stock and white yesterday after debating waiting for an Audi or some SUV. but I realized as a single guy with a small dog I don’t really need an SUV and the 3 looks slick and Tesla’s are great for a tech nerd like me

anyway, I got my VIN within hours and delivery estimate changed from November to sept 18-24! How exciting! Ohio here.
And some here have been waiting for a VIN for months! lol

You got a VIN after one day?!? That's incredible. I'm waiting for something to show up in New Inventory, because I'm worried about being caught up in a long delay, and not receiving a card until the middle of the winter.

Ordered a Red M3LR in May, had it on hold till 9/1. It was then EDD in a couple weeks, and got a VIN yesterday. I have another Tesla at the moment so I put the order back on ice till November. But looks like availability is very good right now. My friend ordered a MYP in OR and got a 2-3 week EDD as well.

Maybe the chip shortage is easing?

Ordered a Red M3LR in May, had it on hold till 9/1. It was then EDD in a couple weeks, and got a VIN yesterday. I have another Tesla at the moment so I put the order back on ice till November. But looks like availability is very good right now. My friend ordered a MYP in OR and got a 2-3 week EDD as well.

It’s the end of the quarter push.

Chip shortage is definitely not easing.
Tesla started using microcontrollers and updated firmware to work with new chip manufacturers back in Q1

Reactions: Extant and tstolze