Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of these early deliveries I am seeing here are giving me some hope... I ordered a blue M3 LR with FSD last night and the EDD is 11/10-12/10. My metallic silver 2018 LR DM was in an accident last month, and State Farm is considering totaling it. So I decided to hop in the queue and cancel the order later if my car does end up getting repaired. Used prices are outrageous out there: 2018's are selling for just one or two thousand below the price of a new 2021, and most 2019s and 2020s I see are more than a new one. So, I decided to bite the bullet and wait for a refreshed 2021 with better range, etc.
Seems your EDD is inline with mine. We ordered last Sunday.

Finally get to rid myself of the squirrel avatar. I picked up my car after 57 days from my July 13 order date and it was well worth the wait. Picked up from Raleigh, NC and was ready to go home after 20 minutes of my arrival. It took me longer because I mistakenly selected the cash option because I wasn't financing with Tesla. Even with that mistake, it was still the easiest and best dealership experience I've ever had. I took about 30-40 minutes to inspect the car and found no flaws what so ever. I had an issue connecting my car to the app because I hadn't downloaded the latest app update, but once I figured that out I was good to go. I'm unaware of the experience had by others, but I was pretty much left to my own devices to figure everything out once I picked up the key cards. I wasn't even instructed on how to use the keycards to get into the car, which was fine. I wish I could comment on the driving experience but I only got to drive 11 miles to the shop to get PPF put on the car. I'm looking forward to bringing my car home tomorrow. To everyone still waiting, just know it's all worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_7316.jpeg
    IMG_7316.jpeg
    591.1 KB · Views: 73
Finally get to rid myself of the squirrel avatar. I picked up my car after 57 days from my July 13 order date and it was well worth the wait. Picked up from Raleigh, NC and was ready to go home after 20 minutes of my arrival. It took me longer because I mistakenly selected the cash option because I wasn't financing with Tesla. Even with that mistake, it was still the easiest and best dealership experience I've ever had. I took about 30-40 minutes to inspect the car and found no flaws what so ever. I had an issue connecting my car to the app because I hadn't downloaded the latest app update, but once I figured that out I was good to go. I'm unaware of the experience had by others, but I was pretty much left to my own devices to figure everything out once I picked up the key cards. I wasn't even instructed on how to use the keycards to get into the car, which was fine. I wish I could comment on the driving experience but I only got to drive 11 miles to the shop to get PPF put on the car. I'm looking forward to bringing my car home tomorrow. To everyone still waiting, just know it's all worth it.
your PPF is only going to take one day? I was told it could take up to week for mine. :(

Tesla quoted me $1,000 for 6 months. I got a similar quote through my current insurance. It may be cheaper, but the coverage may also be less. (which was the case for me)

Edit: adjusted Tesla insurance policy and now it is nearly identical.
Wow this really high. Geico quoted me at my 6 month premium would increase by $450 which I though was ludicrous. Gonna go with them for the time being because we have another car on the policy but I will be shopping around for sure after delivery.

Update.

So as I said. Got my VIN today. EDD was still showing 9/18-9/30

Contacted Tesla to change my payment method from cash to loan. At this point the EDD changed to 9/20 -9/26 The SA I spoke with told me to expect the car to my delivery center on 9/24 and to give them a few days so expect delivery on the 25th or 26th. That's a weekend so I'll assume the 27th.

Loan is all set up, insurance all set up. Ready to go!!

OD 8/28. VIN 9/9 EDD 9/20-9/26. Red/white 19" live in York, PA

Hopefully next update is that I took delivery :)

Finally picked up my M3 yesterday. Only issue was that both key cards were slightly melted presumably from cabin heat. I went inside the SC and both were promptly replaced. They even let me keep the slightly melted ones as well, so now I have a total of 4. I also had an issue connecting to the car after I logged into my Tesla account (website) from my phone to accept delivery, but logging out then back into the Tesla app resolved that.

I made a point to not inspect every inch of the car since I've never done that with any of the many new cars I've purchased/leased in the past. But I did give both interior and exterior a good look over to see if I noticed anything obvious that that caught my eye and everything seemed perfect. The car only had 3 miles on it and was charged only about half way. The touch screen was a little jumpy as I used it and experienced some phantom touches, but I Googled how to restart it (hold both steering wheel buttons for 10 sec) and that resolved it. Overall, awesome car I'm more than happy with the purchase!

Wow this really high. Geico quoted me at my 6 month premium would increase by $450 which I though was ludicrous. Gonna go with them for the time being because we have another car on the policy but I will be shopping around for sure after delivery.
I don’t know if it’s different in your area, but I currently have Geico and they quoted me the highest for the Tesla so I‘ll be switching to Progressive, where my price basically won’t change from what I’m paying now.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I don’t know if it’s different in your area, but I currently have Geico and they quoted me the highest for the Tesla so I‘ll be switching to Progressive, where my price basically won’t change from what I’m paying now.
Yeah I have a clean driving record but my deductibles are really low which makes the price much higher. I can reduce the premium a lot if I raised the deductible but I have drive through some very wooded areas and see plenty of deer so I’m not taking any chances after multiple deer strikes in the last 10 years.

Yeah I have a clean driving record but my deductibles are really low which makes the price much higher. I can reduce the premium a lot if I raised the deductible but I have drive through some very wooded areas and see plenty of deer so I’m not taking any chances after multiple deer strikes in the last 10 years.
LOL my parents years ago got kicked off State Farm because my sister hit so many deer and they didn’t believe them.

Reactions: Sludog