Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine hasn't changed since my OD 8/7. its still at 9/14-9/30. atleast you have movement. so hopefully you will get your car soon. but this waiting and waiting is getting exhausting. miss the days when you can just go to a dealer and say okay i'll take that one.
The anticipation is awful, I know. Hopefully, we get some progress rather than just date changes
Yeah! Just got VIN assignment with Vision+Payment stuff. Still waiting for actual contact for delivery scheduling. OD 7/11 and EDD is still at 9/13 to 9/21. LR / Red / Black / 19" / No FSD located in SoCal.

Getting mine today! LR Black/black, Aero's, FSD

Ordered 7/17, quoted 7-11 weeks
EDD last night was Sept 14-24

Vision agreement this morning; VIN ~1 min after acceptance and EDD updated to Sept 12-15
Gave them a call & taking delivery today in 1-3 hours. Burbank CA.

Didn't know they had same day haha!
Where did you guys accept the vision agreement? manage order screen?

Just took delivery today! Only had a few minor issues regarding exterior quality but they're all very nitpicky and I may just schedule something with service later.

In case anyone cares, here's my timeline from order
1631482897992.png

Reactions: torpy and pa28pilot
I got my VIN last Friday and I’m still waiting to receive the text to schedule my pick up. EDD says 9/20-9/26 but I emailed the Tesla Store in Alpharetta, GA and they told me they are currently looking at a 9/16-9/30 date. Im just hoping I can get it asap lol. The waiting is killing me, I just want to drive my new car!!! Do y’all know what happens after you get your vin? Does that mean that the car is done, under testing and being prepared to ship? How long does shipping take from west to east coast? Just wanted to know to ease my delivery anxiety hahaha

I got my VIN last Friday and I’m still waiting to receive the text to schedule my pick up. EDD says 9/20-9/26 but I emailed the Tesla Store in Alpharetta, GA and they told me they are currently looking at a 9/16-9/30 date. Im just hoping I can get it asap lol. The waiting is killing me, I just want to drive my new car!!! Do y’all know what happens after you get your vin? Does that mean that the car is done, under testing and being prepared to ship? How long does shipping take from west to east coast? Just wanted to know to ease my delivery anxiety hahaha
Be prepared to wait a while. For me, it is looking like it will take about 11-14 days from VIN to delivery. Usually VIN means your car is about to get produced (within the next day or so). So it takes several days to get in transit and quite a while to go across the country. I would say expect closer to the 9/28-9/30 range given how much further you are from me and the time it is taking to go from CA to MN.

Reactions: ArturoM
I got my VIN on last Friday and emailed my SA & she scheduled my pickup for 9/25 @ 2PM in Alpharetta. Ordered on 8/23. If you can, you can PM me and I'll send you her name and email address.

Last edited:
Took delivery this morning and I already curbed the wheels :eek:
There were a few things I've found.. chargeport door is touching the body of the car when closed, rubber window trim on passenger side is deformed and not flush with the interior and gap on the rear tail light seems to be noticably larger than the other side

Hi, Im gonna pick my car in Alpharetta too. They just shifted my delivery day from 21 to 22 today, I hope they dont do it again

Reactions: ArturoM
Just took delivery today! Only had a few minor issues regarding exterior quality but they're all very nitpicky and I may just schedule something with service later.

In case anyone cares, here's my timeline from order
View attachment 708586
You gotta be in I.T. or project management, LOL. I totally DIG this chart! Thank you.

• Funny
Reactions: sunder
I like all these order dates getting pulled to the left, but based on the experiences others have posted about here, I know these things can fluctuate quite a bit before landing on VIN and final delivery date. We disposed of our potential trade on Saturday (got more for the trade from CarMax than Tesla (and the accompanying tax benefit). So we are ready to go.

Received the text to schedule my delivery and to pay my down payment Saturday afternoon (09/11). I picked the earliest available day (09/17). When I entered my bank information to pay the down payment, the connection would fail. Tesla is using a payment system called "Plaid" that processes the payment. I tried multiple times but I kept getting the same error that "My bank is not compatible with their system and to try another bank account". I called a Tesla adviser and was told that that happens sometimes if your bank uses two factor authentication and that I could just bring a certified check with me. He said this would not cause any issues with my delivery so I hope that he is right. When I log into my account it still show a large message that says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". Has anyone else had issues like this and was everything OK when you finally picked up your car?

My delivery is scheduled for 9/15. However, when I try to link my back to make the down payment, I am getting an error stating 'your payment failed, please try again later.'
Tried this with Chase and BoA accounts but getting the same error. Any idea how to get it fixed (other than calling my SA)?